Normal To Feel This Way? Please see Poll Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Score Range?

155-160
57%
>155
43%

Total votes: 7

balzern

Bronze

Normal To Feel This Way? Please see Poll

Post by balzern » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:44 pm

After the test yesterday I felt worse than just about any PT I have taken recently. Last game I didnt even get to so guessed on it and last RC passage I didnt get to, again I guessed on all of those related questions....I felt pretty good about LR despite a few difficult questions...still through I feel like I just bombed the thing....overexaggerating or is this normal to feel this way. I was really hoping for a 158-160 but it REALLY doesn't seem like this is going to happen :roll:
Last edited by balzern on Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

d34d9823

Gold

Re: Normal To Feel This Way?

Post by d34d9823 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:45 pm

I think so. Everyone I've talked to thinks they bombed it and it's pretty unlikely that all of us did. It's such a stressful test everyone comes out feeling like they got owned.

Edit: if you know you missed/guessed, that's real, just don't let feelings get you down.

balzern

Bronze

Post by balzern » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:46 pm

My average was a 160 and im PRAYING for a 155 on that nightmare.

makingwaves

Bronze

Post by makingwaves » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:48 pm

I think part of the problem (for me, at least) is that I don't have the security blanket of being able to flip to the back once i'm done and check my answers. The more I think about the test, the more confused I get/worse I feel. Try not to stress too much!

That being said, i'd be surprised if I broke 160. It was definitely rough, especially LG for me. But like d34 said, its pretty unlikely that all of us actually bombed it, so chin up until score realease!

TheLuckyOne

Bronze

Post by TheLuckyOne » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:52 pm

balzern wrote:My average was a 160 and im PRAYING for a 155 on that nightmare.
Is that usual for you to guess on those sections? Is your average 160 accounted for those guesses? If not, I'm afraid that 155 is not going to happen :?

On the other hand, I've got nothing to lose, so just wait and hope. If anything, you can always retake in October.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Wooderson

New

Post by Wooderson » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:05 pm

I usually prep in the low to mid 160's but I don't feel like I even broke 160 on this one.... (I could be wrong though, and would be thrilled to have anything in the 160's).
Since it is my first time taking, the general consensus seems to be with keeping this one and retaking if necessary.

Does anybody have any advice on whether or not to cancel? It would really put my mind at ease if a retake would be weighed heavier than this disaster. I'm just getting exhausted playing the test out in my mind in order to decide whether or not to cancel.

clubba

New

Post by clubba » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:07 pm

I too wound up skipping the same problems. I wouldn't feel too terrible if I were you.

mfeller2

Bronze

Post by mfeller2 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:12 pm

I feel pretty much the same, Last RC passage all guesses and last LG felt like a complete fail. But, seeing how many people are dissappointed with their performance might mean it was a hard test for most people and the curve will reflect that. Won't really know until we get the results back i guess.

(There's always September/October!)

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:16 pm

I think a wide consensus amongst testers is that they feel they bombed. I have yet to talk to, and have only seen one person on here, someone who thinks they absolutely nailed it. I think its just the nature of the beast. I know when I do PT's. I get instant grades, without that, its very easy to just let your mind go nuts. While I didn't blindly guess, there were some where I had to narrow and try and pick what, IMO, was the least wrong :roll: but I think that is also fairly common. I was aiming for a 165-167 and a part of me is nervous a 156 is in order; however, there is nothing you can do about it now. Luckily, I too, am a first timer and a retake isn't that bad because my schools take the highest score. I also think this attitude is fairly common in most standardized tests. I know when my bf was taking the MCAT he thought he bombed it. Clown was in the 98th percentile...even more :roll: ....I think a lot of this uncertainty is stemming, at least in my situation, from the fact that we are used to going into any test and rocking it and knowing/being sure of every answer because that is what we studied. Well, I doubt anyone walks out of the LSAT 100% sure they got every answer correct. Probably even those 180 kids.[and for those who do, f you. lol so jealous. :wink: ] Anywho, its over now. Atleast for the next two weeks or so.

Wow, there were so many smilies and qualifiers...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:19 pm

d34dluk3 wrote:I think so. Everyone I've talked to thinks they bombed it and it's pretty unlikely that all of us did. It's such a stressful test everyone comes out feeling like they got owned.

Edit: if you know you missed/guessed, that's real, just don't let feelings get you down.

Agreed with this. If you know you have to guess on the last 6 of LGs (:roll:) It means you are in trouble. But if you finished all the sections on time and didn't really hit any roadblocks, but just have a feeling that you might have messed something up, don't worry about it.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:32 pm

Ragged wrote:
d34dluk3 wrote:I think so. Everyone I've talked to thinks they bombed it and it's pretty unlikely that all of us did. It's such a stressful test everyone comes out feeling like they got owned.

Agreed with this. If you know you have to guess on the last 6 of LGs (:roll:) It means you are in trouble. But if you finished all the sections on time and didn't really hit any roadblocks, but just have a feeling that you might have messed something up, don't worry about it.
That's kind of how i'm feeling. I didn't really hit any roadblocks while I was taking, had to rush a bit on last 2 RC passages, but that's about it. But looking back on it i'm worried about a lot of stuff. So this makes me feel a little bit better. It's going to be a long 3 weeks though.

justinmcl

New

Post by justinmcl » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:38 pm

Checking answers in the back of the book was such a nice thing during untimed PT's for me too makingwaves, in the end I had to tape the answer sheet closed to stop the impulsive habit lol. Also, have to agree with alicrimson, no matter what at least there is a few weeks off from the LSAT, not going to start studying again for October until I know I have too

balzern

Bronze

Post by balzern » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:59 pm

eh yeah i finished 2 out of the 4 on time...like i said before I was averaging a 160 (with guesses or without depending on the specific test)...but that test I didn't finish 2 of the sections and blindly guessed on one RC passage and that last intern game....oh well hopefully i can squeeze a 155 :cry: .

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

balzern

Bronze

Re: Normal To Feel This Way? Please see Poll

Post by balzern » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:12 pm

bump

OklahomasOK

Bronze

Post by OklahomasOK » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:13 pm

I really can't gauge how I did...

I could honestly see myself scoring anywhere from 165-175.

I really think it's best not to worry about it. I gave that test everything, I can't regret anything. Going to spend the next couple weeks not thinking about the LSAT and work on my PS.

balzern

Bronze

Post by balzern » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:15 pm

OklahomasOK wrote:I really can't gauge how I did...

I could honestly see myself scoring anywhere from 165-175.

I really think it's best not to worry about it. I gave that test everything, I can't regret anything. Going to spend the next couple weeks not thinking about the LSAT and work on my PS.

Yeah I hear you, I can see 150-160 in my case...just pretty pissed off about it right now. I really want to go to Pitt and their median is a 159, I was going to apply ED with anything below a 159 and hope for the best...

ca$hmoney69

New

Re: Normal To Feel This Way? Please see Poll

Post by ca$hmoney69 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:20 pm

I honestly felt kinda shitty when i was running the numbers in my head, but i have no idea what i got. I had to guess on 5 questions total on the test. I'm not sure if that's good or bad....

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”