Official challenge to the 4th game in the scored LG section

bk1

Re: Official challenge to the 4th game in the scored LG section

Postby bk1 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:28 pm

FuManChusco wrote:It's about that time.

/thread

It was that time 18 pages ago.

d34dluk3 wrote:Bad Hey-O! Bad zworykin! This thread is now about rocketman and eskimo.

+1

citrustang

Postby citrustang » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:21 pm

bk1 wrote:

/thread

You might be tired of the thread, but others may want to continue contributing to it. Please be considerate of their wishes as well. Thanks.

CryingMonkey

Postby CryingMonkey » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:43 am

citrustang wrote:
bk1 wrote:

/thread

You might be tired of the thread, but others may want to continue contributing to it. Please be considerate of their wishes as well. Thanks.

I will never stop contributing to this thread. So long as eskimo has adorable yet awesome pictures to post, I will persevere!

Actually, no I won't. I'm going to bed then I'm trying to make it through two more freaking weeks. But if I were going to keep arguing, I would be way fired up.

WOLVERINES!

/ignore.
Last edited by CryingMonkey on Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:37 am

citrustang wrote:You might be tired of the thread, but others may want to continue contributing to it. Please be considerate of their wishes as well. Thanks.

I didn't realize that my /thread was so binding. What shall I do with this newfound power?

Knock

Postby Knock » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:45 am

bk1 wrote:
citrustang wrote:You might be tired of the thread, but others may want to continue contributing to it. Please be considerate of their wishes as well. Thanks.

I didn't realize that my /thread was so binding. What shall I do with this newfound power?

Get the adcomms who view TLS To /accept you

citrustang

Postby citrustang » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:02 am

To those who have contacted me via PM:

I'm trying to hold myself to a strict policy of not discussing any specifics from the test (even in the context of PM's). Thank you for your willingness to participate in this action. I don't think we need to get all the little details right - we just need to give them a good idea of where to look. Then they can make an assessment regarding the validity of the challenge.

Rocketman11

Postby Rocketman11 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:22 am

zworykin wrote:
Hey-O wrote:Does anyone definitely remember if the word in question was preceded by the word 'trained' or 'assigned'?

This makes a big difference. I remember it being that assigned, but someone else said trained. If it was trained that makes it much less ambiguous.

I'm not gonna quote the test, but I'll respond to you by saying that it wasn't ambiguous. :lol:

what do you mean by "ambiguous"

Postby 1991 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:42 pm

I think the saddest part of this is that I took the test and I don't even know what term we are referring to. :(

zeppelin22

Postby zeppelin22 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:43 am

all this talk is making me doubt my correct reading of the rules. to clarify, there were two rules that referred to the alleged ambiguous term correct? (ex. "x and y are in the same <word>" and "w and z are in different <word>")

IBThatGuy

Postby IBThatGuy » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:13 pm

1991 wrote:I think the saddest part of this is that I took the test and I don't even know what term we are referring to. :(

Depends on what is saddening about that.

zeppelin22 wrote:all this talk is making me doubt my correct reading of the rules. to clarify, there were two rules that referred to the alleged ambiguous term correct? (ex. "x and y are in the same <word>" and "w and z are in different <word>")

Don't let it affect you. Yes, I believe the wording was roughly as you described, and anyone who read it any other way than that intended either assigned a meaning to a word that is not available to that word as it is ever used in the English language or is looking for a way to justify getting reamed.

Dany

Postby Dany » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:14 pm

zeppelin22 wrote:all this talk is making me doubt my correct reading of the rules. to clarify, there were two rules that referred to the alleged ambiguous term correct? (ex. "x and y are in the same <word>" and "w and z are in different <word>")

At this point, I don't think anyone remembers the rules verbatim. There are people who will tell you yes, without a doubt, and others who will say that's not what it said at all.

Since it's past the cancellation window, there's really no need to worry, since noone can do anything about it now, anyway. However, if you need reassurance, I think reading this thread is freaking a lot of people out for no reason. The people who misread the rule know that. They're here in this thread. Don't let others make you unsure of yourself - I'm sure you read it correctly and it's just the confusion of this thread getting to you.

Postby 1991 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:38 pm

IBThatGuy wrote:
1991 wrote:I think the saddest part of this is that I took the test and I don't even know what term we are referring to. :(

It's because I'm beginning to think I completely misunderstood whatever term this is and answered all the questions wrong.

zworykin

Postby zworykin » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:45 pm

If you "interpreted" it correctly (that is to say, actually understood what the word means in the English language), you could find one--and only one--correct answer to each question. If you did not know what the word means, some of the questions would have had multiple correct answers or no correct answer.

So--did you find one answer per question and successfully eliminate the other 4? :?:

Dany

Postby Dany » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:13 pm

1991 wrote:
IBThatGuy wrote:

It's because I'm beginning to think I completely misunderstood whatever term this is and answered all the questions wrong.

You're just letting this thread get to you. If you didn't notice anything on test day, that's because there wasn't anything wrong on test day.

As I wrote above:

At this point, I don't think anyone remembers the rules verbatim, so all this nonsense is just freaking people out for what is probably no reason. Since it's past the cancellation window, there's absolutely no need to worry, since no one can do anything about it now, anyway. However, if you need reassurance, I think reading this thread is freaking a lot of people out for no reason. The people who misread the rule know that. They're here in this thread. Don't let others make you unsure of yourself - I'm sure you read it correctly and it's just the confusion of this thread getting to you.

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:43 pm

eskimo wrote:
1991 wrote:
IBThatGuy wrote:

You're just letting this thread get to you. If you didn't notice anything on test day, that's because there wasn't anything wrong on test day.

As I wrote above:

At this point, I don't think anyone remembers the rules verbatim, so all this nonsense is just freaking people out for what is probably no reason. Since it's past the cancellation window, there's absolutely no need to worry, since no one can do anything about it now, anyway. However, if you need reassurance, I think reading this thread is freaking a lot of people out for no reason. The people who misread the rule know that. They're here in this thread. Don't let others make you unsure of yourself - I'm sure you read it correctly and it's just the confusion of this thread getting to you.

Don't listen to her, 1991. If you feel useasy its probably because you misinterpreted a rule on that game and got those questions wrong. And that means that you probably made many more errors that you didn't even notice. I wouldn't be surprised if you end up with a 150. Have a nice day. :)

Dany

Postby Dany » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:23 pm

Ragged, you're killing my unbridled optimism and hope!

jeremychristiansen

Postby jeremychristiansen » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:27 pm

So just to understand, what would be the implications of a successful challenge to the game? Wouldn't that have some wild and far-reaching consequences for everyone who took it? Can you imagine if an entire game were pulled from scoring?!? It would completely change not only the curve and dynamic of the test, but I imagine it would also change the dynamic of the app cycle quite a bit. What do you think?

twintipping_bumps

Postby twintipping_bumps » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:43 pm

Well, let's see. Our country is trying to recover from one of the worst economic periods in our history. It cannot be denied that the problems were caused, atleast in part, by blatant dissregard for considerable nuances in facts and data, that is to say - a willingness to look the other way rather than consider the entire scope of specific data, situations, or actions.

If the type of error made in this game is congruent with the type of errors that have been made over the last half of a decade, and those errors are what created the current economic climate, then if the error in the game is corrected and affects the type of thinking that is favored in admissions, then that should be a good thing.
Last edited by twintipping_bumps on Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:47 pm

:shock: ITT: Craziness/Weirdness

twintipping_bumps

Postby twintipping_bumps » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:56 pm

Cilent21 wrote::shock: ITT: Craziness/Weirdness

I feel like that is a type of response that can be characterized as problematic.

Dany

Postby Dany » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:29 am

twintipping_bumps wrote:Well, let's see. Our country is trying to recover from one of the worst economic periods in our history. It cannot be denied that the problems were caused, atleast in part, by blatant dissregard for considerable nuances in facts and data, that is to say - a willingness to look the other way rather than consider the entire scope of specific data, situations, or actions.

If the type of error made in this game is congruent with the type of errors that have been made over the last half of a decade, and those errors are what created the current economic climate, then if the error in the game is corrected and affects the type of thinking that is favored in admissions, then that should be a good thing.

--ImageRemoved--

Rocketman11

Postby Rocketman11 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:08 am

can we get back to eskimo hitting on me?

bk1

Postby bk1 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:21 pm

eskimo wrote:
twintipping_bumps wrote:Well, let's see. Our country is trying to recover from one of the worst economic periods in our history. It cannot be denied that the problems were caused, atleast in part, by blatant dissregard for considerable nuances in facts and data, that is to say - a willingness to look the other way rather than consider the entire scope of specific data, situations, or actions.

--ImageRemoved--

This is the credited response to that post.

Dany

Postby Dany » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:44 pm

Rocketman11 wrote:can we get back to eskimo hitting on me?

Do I have to submit an app to ParaRocket Matchmaking to have any chance of a successful advance?

sundance95

Postby sundance95 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:53 pm

eskimo wrote:
Rocketman11 wrote:can we get back to eskimo hitting on me?

Do I have to submit an app to ParaRocket Matchmaking to have any chance of a successful advance?

/ thread plz

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”