Official challenge to the 4th game in the scored LG section Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
bk1

Diamond

Re: Official challenge to the 4th game in the scored LG section

Post by bk1 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:20 pm

apropos wrote:I had a minute, so I just went ahead and bolded all the places where your statements are just too strong. Watch out for that. Sometimes one can have very reasonable thoughts but come off as irrational because the language is too strong for the level of certainty that is warranted.

If starting sentences with "and" confuses you, well, I think that somewhat compromises your view that you have a superior grasp on the english language. Further compromising your view is your confusion over my use of the word "assuming." The meaning of that word is far more clear in that context than <arguably ambiguous word in question> was on that LG.

This is seriously a waste of time. Everyone involved in this argument used the correct interpretation on the game. The only difference is that you don't see how it could have validly (though less so) been interpreted another way.
Absolute, "the earth is round" level of certainty is warranted in this case. It could not have validly been interpreted another way. HTH.

mges

New

Post by mges » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:23 pm

Is it possible that even with misinterpreting the rule, valid solutions could have been found (with increased time used)?

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:27 pm

mges wrote:Is it possible that even with misinterpreting the rule, valid solutions could have been found (with increased time used)?
What do you mean by valid? Valid as in the correct answer as given by LSAC? Or valid as in valid had the rule been supposed to be interpreted the other way?

In any case I doubt it would be possible in either of those for most of the questions because you would have either eliminated all the answers or been left with multiples that could be "right."

mges

New

Post by mges » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:33 pm

Valid as in the correct answer by LSAC. I didn't have multiple possible answers for the first 5.... the 6th question I guessed on. Just seems weird that I could come down to one answer while misinterpreting the rule, I don't know.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:35 pm

mges wrote:Valid as in the correct answer by LSAC. I didn't have multiple possible answers for the first 5.... the 6th question I guessed on. Just seems weird that I could come down to one answer while misinterpreting the rule, I don't know.
This is certainly possible, though unlikely. It depends on what the options were given for each question. I doubt that one would narrow done to the correct answer on each question while misinterpreting the rule, with the exception of maybe 1 or 2 questions that may not have relied on that rule to find the answer.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:35 pm

zworykin wrote:
Knockglock wrote:
suspicious android wrote:
eskimo wrote:
the question about the bear population in a wildlife refuge.. it was in preptest 58, september 09, one of the last 3-4 questions on an LR section.
I remember that one. It was pretty challenging but I figured out the credited response.
Aye. I had to reread the stimulus, but the credited response was fairly clear.
If I remember correctly, it was more of a scope thing than anything else?

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:37 pm

bk187 wrote:
apropos wrote:I had a minute, so I just went ahead and bolded all the places where your statements are just too strong. Watch out for that. Sometimes one can have very reasonable thoughts but come off as irrational because the language is too strong for the level of certainty that is warranted.

If starting sentences with "and" confuses you, well, I think that somewhat compromises your view that you have a superior grasp on the english language. Further compromising your view is your confusion over my use of the word "assuming." The meaning of that word is far more clear in that context than <arguably ambiguous word in question> was on that LG.

This is seriously a waste of time. Everyone involved in this argument used the correct interpretation on the game. The only difference is that you don't see how it could have validly (though less so) been interpreted another way.
Absolute, "the earth is round" level of certainty is warranted in this case. It could not have validly been interpreted another way. HTH.

Rocketman11

Silver

Post by Rocketman11 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:43 pm

how is this thread still going?

eskimo is trolling

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:43 pm

Rocketman11 wrote:how is this thread still going?

eskimo is trolling
Hush up! I'm just here to help out!
:wink:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Rocketman11

Silver

Post by Rocketman11 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:47 pm

yoiav wrote:
eskimo wrote:
yoiav wrote:does anybody remember the exact wording of those clues, aside the offending word? there is no point arguing if it was ambiguous without the context
PM'd
pm'd? i'm new to this website
dont try to have a PM conversation with her... you'll be disappointed.

/bitter

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:49 pm

eskimo is trolling
What happened to your rocketeer icon? Even though, to keep it in line with your actual username, it probably should have been this:

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:49 pm

Rocketman11 wrote:
yoiav wrote:
eskimo wrote:
yoiav wrote:does anybody remember the exact wording of those clues, aside the offending word? there is no point arguing if it was ambiguous without the context
PM'd
pm'd? i'm new to this website
dont try to have a PM conversation with her... you'll be disappointed.

/bitter
Awww I'm sorry Rocket. Maybe I'll PM you a boob pic later to make up for it?

Ehhhh... maybe not.

Rocketman11

Silver

Post by Rocketman11 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:49 pm

bk187 wrote:

eskimo is trolling
What happened to your rocketeer icon? Even though, to keep it in line with your actual username, it probably should have been this:
heh. well i have it in reserve, however this one was a little more inline with my personality. still feeling it out.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Rocketman11

Silver

Post by Rocketman11 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:50 pm

eskimo wrote: Awww I'm sorry Rocket. Maybe I'll PM you a boob pic later to make up for it?
i'd prefer scintillating conversation. i can find boobs anywhere. there are some ITT

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:51 pm

Rocketman11 wrote:
bk187 wrote:

eskimo is trolling
heh. well i have it in reserve, however this one was a little more inline with my personality. still feeling it out.
It works

FuManChusco

Silver

Post by FuManChusco » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:51 pm

Apropos, all I'm saying is you shouldn't start a new thought with and because it sounds like you are continuing your thought from the previous sentence.

In response to your statements, I don't have to try to understand the opposing argument. As bk said, this is "the earth is round" certainty. If someone told me the earth was flat, I wouldn't respect their argument, weigh the facts, and be reasonable. I would call them an idiot. This is similar. We're not arguing about gay marriage or abortion. There are no opinions. Its right vs. wrong, and I'm right.

Also, I will continue to argue until my class is over at 5:30.

I love how eskimo is seemingly siding with me but is more or less just pushing the thread forward for her? entertainment.
Last edited by FuManChusco on Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:56 pm

Rocketman11 wrote:
eskimo wrote: Awww I'm sorry Rocket. Maybe I'll PM you a boob pic later to make up for it?
i'd prefer scintillating conversation. i can find boobs anywhere. there are some ITT
Ohhhh I forgot about the scintillating conversations. My bad:
Rocketman11 wrote:i'd kill to get you alone under an igloo or, if it's too warm, cover you in some other engulfing whiteness
:wink: :wink: :wink:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Rocketman11

Silver

Post by Rocketman11 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:57 pm

eskimo wrote:
Rocketman11 wrote:
Rocketman11 wrote:i'd kill to get you alone under an igloo or, if it's too warm, cover you in some other engulfing whiteness
ok when you throw me an underhand lob, I'm going to smack it out of the park. if you're looking for a guy with all brains and no libido i guess it's fortunate we don't talk :|

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:58 pm

Rocketman11 wrote:
eskimo wrote:
Rocketman11 wrote:
ok when you throw me an underhand lob, I'm going to smack it out of the park. if you're looking for a guy with all brains and no libido i guess it's fortunate we don't talk :|
So now it's libido and not conversation? I'm confused! WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?! :evil:

Rocketman11

Silver

Post by Rocketman11 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:59 pm

eskimo wrote: So now it's libido and not conversation? I'm confused! WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?! :evil:
The complete package. Fair and Balanced.

FuManChusco

Silver

Post by FuManChusco » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:02 pm

THREAD JACK.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

d34d9823

Gold

Post by d34d9823 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:03 pm

FuManChusco wrote:THREAD JACK.
It needed it.

And I agree, rocketman, you are a lot like Fox News.

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:06 pm

Sorry, Rocket's wayyyy more interesting than this crap. When the test is released, people who didn't take the test are gonna be all "What was all the fuss about?" and people who did take the test are gonna be like: "oh. so it was clear." :oops: :oops: :oops: and then this thread will go away. Until then, we'll liven it up. :D

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:07 pm

eskimo wrote:Sorry, Rocket's wayyyy more interesting than this crap. When the test is released, people who didn't take the test are gonna be all "What was all the fuss about?" and people who did take the test are gonna be like: "oh. so it was clear." :oops: :oops: :oops: and then this thread will go away. Until then, we'll liven it up. :D
This is dangerously close to steering the thread back on topic. :x

d34d9823

Gold

Post by d34d9823 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:08 pm

eskimo wrote:Sorry, Rocket's wayyyy more interesting than this crap. When the test is released, people who didn't take the test are gonna be all "What was all the fuss about?" and people who did take the test are gonna be like: "oh. so it was clear." :oops: :oops: :oops: and then this thread will go away. Until then, we'll liven it up. :D
I think you just made the boring people come back :?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”