Official challenge to the 4th game in the scored LG section Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Dany

Diamond

Re: Official challenge to the 4th game in the scored LG section

Post by Dany » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:42 pm

sundance95 wrote:
eskimo wrote:
Rocketman11 wrote:can we get back to eskimo hitting on me?
Do I have to submit an app to ParaRocket Matchmaking to have any chance of a successful advance?

/ thread plz
Oops! I think you got the wrong train picture, so ftfy:

Nola

New

Post by Nola » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:56 pm

Where is citrus? Has he potentially gotten a response from LSAC?

Rocketman11

Silver

Post by Rocketman11 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:45 pm

eskimo wrote:
Rocketman11 wrote:can we get back to eskimo hitting on me?
Do I have to submit an app to ParaRocket Matchmaking to have any chance of a successful advance?
i'm not an applicant. but if you wanted to PM me a personal app i'll have my secretary brief me on it.

notreallyalawyer

New

Post by notreallyalawyer » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:03 pm

DaveBear07 wrote:citrustang,

As one who also mis-interpreted the rules, I will be writing as well. If we missed something and LSAC deems that fair then so be it.

However, to the rest of my fellow TLS'ers, I believe it is not too much to ask for a sincere review of the phrasing of the rules, especially since so many people were taken by it.
how do you know that "so many people were taken by it?" Isn't it possible that more people weren't confused than were but are not sharing their experiences on this forum. Furthermore, what percentage of test takers don't even know about this forum? All I'm saying is that just because some, or even a large number of, people in this forum had trouble with the game does not mean that a large number of people had a problem overall.
for the record. I had no problems with ambiguity. I thought it was a harder than average game but nothing outside the scope of what I would expect to see in a LG section.

citrustang

New

Post by citrustang » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:38 am

Nola wrote:Where is citrus? Has he potentially gotten a response from LSAC?
Hi Nola, no response from the LSAC yet. I'll be sure to provide updates as they occur.
notreallyalawyer wrote:
DaveBear07 wrote:However, to the rest of my fellow TLS'ers, I believe it is not too much to ask for a sincere review of the phrasing of the rules, especially since so many people were taken by it.
how do you know that "so many people were taken by it?" Isn't it possible that more people weren't confused than were but are not sharing their experiences on this forum. Furthermore, what percentage of test takers don't even know about this forum? All I'm saying is that just because some, or even a large number of, people in this forum had trouble with the game does not mean that a large number of people had a problem overall.
for the record. I had no problems with ambiguity. I thought it was a harder than average game but nothing outside the scope of what I would expect to see in a LG section.
It's strange you took issue with the phrase "so many people" in the above way. I expect DaveBear07 carefully avoided the terms "majority" and "most" for the very reason you have pointed out in your post. However, you are likely correct in believing the participants in this thread are probably not representative of the general breakdown of test takers as a whole. I've received a number of PM's from people who have expressed an interest in writing the LSAC, but have chosen to not post publicly in this thread. In the end, as pointed out earlier in the thread, numbers are not directly indicative of the validity of this challenge. If even one person can properly articulate an issue with the test, the LSAC has grounds for an initial review of the question(s) in dispute.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:09 am

Everyone who didn't think it was ambiguous, why are you even in this thread? If it was ambiguous maybe something will be done for the better of current and/or future test takers. If it wasn't then we'll all forget about it and move on. Its a win win.

I wrote about a week ago. No response. I doubte that they will do anything about it, but it was worth a shot.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:12 am

Ragged wrote:Everyone who didn't think it was ambiguous, why are you even in this thread?
Because we love pointing out when other people are clearly wrong and wasting their time? I mean it is fun.

Or because we're dicks. Either way.

EDIT: Pretty sure that isn't actually an "or" statement.

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:20 am

bk187 wrote:
Ragged wrote:Everyone who didn't think it was ambiguous, why are you even in this thread?
Because we love pointing out when other people are clearly wrong and wasting their time? I mean it is fun.

Or because we're dicks. Either way.

EDIT: Pretty sure that isn't actually an "or" statement.
Yea I figured as much. I was just hoping that no one would take my question as anything other than rhetorical.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:36 am

Ragged wrote:Yea I figured as much. I was just hoping that no one would take my question as anything other than rhetorical.
Couldn't help myself. :(

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:40 am

bk187 wrote:
Ragged wrote:Yea I figured as much. I was just hoping that no one would take my question as anything other than rhetorical.
Couldn't help myself. :(

I know. You are in TLS mode, which is like "make a smart-ass comment at every opportunity in order to boost my ego." Oh wait... thats like everyday life mode for me... so I can't really be mad at you. lol

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:42 am

I don't even remember how I got here... but somewhere along the line I got lost and started posting pictures. :?:

sundance95

Gold

Post by sundance95 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:47 am

Not Ambiguous:

--ImageRemoved--
"Tell me doctor, would you rather be the top scientist in your _____, or have Mad Cow Disease?"

Ambiguous:

Any questions?

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:49 am

sundance95 wrote:Not Ambiguous:

--ImageRemoved--
"Tell me doctor, would you rather be the top scientist in your _____, or have Mad Cow Disease?"
Holy shit. 180.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:52 am

sundance95 wrote:Not Ambiguous:

--ImageRemoved--

Hahaha. I love that bit. Its priceless. "Hey!" :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haAhdtDm ... re=related

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:57 am

I have this unexplicable super-crush on Jeff Goldblum. He's seriously in my top 5 celebrities I'd like to have my way with. I have no idea when it started or why, haha.

d34d9823

Gold

Post by d34d9823 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:06 am

LoyolaLaw2012

Bronze

Post by LoyolaLaw2012 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:07 am

d34dluk3 wrote:

I just wet myself.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

LSAT Blog

Silver

Post by LSAT Blog » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:31 am

LoyolaLaw2012 wrote:
d34dluk3 wrote:

I just wet myself.
Amazing.

I'm a huge xkcd fan. One great thing about the comics is when you read them on the xkcd homepage, you can put your mouse over them to read the alt text (it's kinda like a punchline).

For this comic, it's "What do you want me to do? LEAVE? Then they'll keep being wrong!"

http://xkcd.com/386/

Hey-O

Silver

Post by Hey-O » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:00 pm

eskimo wrote:I have this unexplicable super-crush on Jeff Goldblum. He's seriously in my top 5 celebrities I'd like to have my way with. I have no idea when it started or why, haha.
For me it started with Earth Girls are Easy.

capricebianca

New

Post by capricebianca » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:51 pm

I had problems as well with the 4th game. LG is usually my strong section and because the wording was unclear I wasn't able to make deductions accurately without guessing. It sucks!

Has anyone made a formal complaint yet and if so have you heard anything back???

kelsey89

New

Post by kelsey89 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:06 pm

eskimo wrote:
twintipping_bumps wrote:Well, let's see. Our country is trying to recover from one of the worst economic periods in our history. It cannot be denied that the problems were caused, atleast in part, by blatant dissregard for considerable nuances in facts and data, that is to say - a willingness to look the other way rather than consider the entire scope of specific data, situations, or actions.

If the type of error made in this game is congruent with the type of errors that have been made over the last half of a decade, and those errors are what created the current economic climate, then if the error in the game is corrected and affects the type of thinking that is favored in admissions, then that should be a good thing.
--ImageRemoved--
+1

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:11 am

twintipping actually makes a good point. life consists of details such as this. I bet there were people who tried to question the integrity of that oilrig, but were also dismissed as incompetant by the conceited majority. that question, if not corrected, might lead to a chain of events that results in a tragidy of biblical proportions, you never know. And all of you people trying to break our resolve are going to be responsible.

sundance95

Gold

Post by sundance95 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:13 am

Ragged wrote:twintipping actually makes a good point. life consists of details such as this. I bet there were people who tried to question the integrity of that oilrig, but were also dismissed as incompetant by the conceited majority. that question, if not corrected, might lead to a chain of events that results in a tragidy of biblical proportions, you never know. And all of you people trying to break our resolve are going to be responsible.
Awful dramatic, as one might expect of a fan of Italian soccer. ("But my flop! She was beautiful!")

Edit: Image added.
Last edited by sundance95 on Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:30 am

Ragged wrote:twintipping actually makes a good point. life consists of details such as this. I bet there were people who tried to question the integrity of that oilrig, but were also dismissed as incompetant by the conceited majority. that question, if not corrected, might lead to a chain of events that results in a tragidy of biblical proportions, you never know. And all of you people trying to break our resolve are going to be responsible.
Faulty analogy. In the case of this thread, the conceited people happen to also be right.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”