Should I cancel? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
emoney8907

New

Should I cancel?

Post by emoney8907 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:34 pm

I prepared for about three weeks. the majority of my practice tests were in the mid 160s. the last week though, I was scoring in the high 160s and even hit 170 once. my goal is a top-14 school, so probably a 170 LSAT. i already have a 3.9 GPA from a top-25 non-ivy university.

i took the test and i already know its not my best. i can do better if i take in october. should i cancel or just get my score and risk a low score?
LR was okay, i had the similar infamous case of that one section where i had a string a 4 straight C's and a lot of D's and E's and no real A's and B's. I kinda ran out of time in every section, but that only really resulted in me guessing on one question.
RC was okay for the first three passages but i ran out of time on the last passage. still managed to answer all the questions but they were pretty half-assed. dunno but i had a lot of E's on that last passage.
LG wasnt as bad for me as others say they were. i think i got at most 1 wrong.

on practice tests i usually get 3-5 wrong on each LR section, 4-7 wrong on RC, and 0-1 wrong on LG.

yesterday was the first time i ever took the LSAT.

So, could anyone help me out and provide me some input - cancel or risk it?

poopstains

New

Re: Should I cancel?

Post by poopstains » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:03 am

You don't need a 170 for t-14, u could most likely get in to the lower half with a 167. it's really up to you, sounds like you did ok though. I had a similar prep lead-up, and almost identical experience (except I didn't feel as confident in the LG) and I ended up with a 166. I ended up at Duke. I don't really know how realsitic getting a 170 is, if on the practice test you only broke it once IMO. Good luck either way.

WDwheatley

New

Re: Should I cancel?

Post by WDwheatley » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:49 am

This makes me feel a lot better, I to had a string of 4 straight C's and a lot of D's and E's and maybe 1 or 2 A's, as for B, just average. The last passage of reading comp I felt like it was either A or E with 2 others in the mix. I too felt a little uneasy about the first LR with the Cs and D, but now that you had the same, I feel a lot better. Game yeah, standard, i freaked for a minute with the intern game, but kept it cool, had to guess on the last two, put D... who knows D seemed to be what was Hot on the june 2010.

To be honest, not that i have lied to you before, I would keep the score. The report you get will help you focus in on certain areas of your game. Go back to the drawing boards and KILL it in october! think positive, there has been a lot of negative energy around this past test, dont let it get you side tracked, sorry for rambling on, just my 2 cents.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”