Can I do this? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
shoop

Bronze

Can I do this?

Post by shoop » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:48 am

Suppose I wanted to make and sell a shirt with "inside jokes" from LGs, visually depicted. Like, a mauve velociraptor eating alphabet soup while driving a truck of mulch and stones and wearing 6 semi-precious gemstone rings. Can LSAC cry infringement, or is that enough of a departure from the PT text they've copyrighted that it's OK?

scruffs mcguff

Bronze

Re: Can I do this?

Post by scruffs mcguff » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:49 am

LOL I would totally buy that.

Can the dinosaur also have a basket full of new and used CDs?

lifestooquick

Silver

Post by lifestooquick » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:49 am

I have no idea, but LOL. I'd buy one.

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:50 am

If I were to buy an LSAT shirt, it'd have to say something like 'Modus Pwnens'.

That's right. I went there.

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:52 am

Thats a great idea. You should also have a bunch of interns with photocameras playing with plastic read green yellow and mauve dinosourse.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LSAT Blog

Silver

Post by LSAT Blog » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:59 am

Haha - love it - reminds me of TheZeigs' joke: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 5#p3030455

Since your t-shirts wouldn't contain the text of the game (and, therefore, wouldn't serve as a viable replacement for someone buying the PTs), I can't see any problem with it.

Look forward to any images of this you post on here.

I probably wouldn't encourage mauve velociraptors to eat alphabet soup while driving, though. Could be dangerous to others on the road.

shoop

Bronze

Post by shoop » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:40 pm

LSAT Blog wrote:Haha - love it - reminds me of TheZeigs' joke: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 5#p3030455

Since your t-shirts wouldn't contain the text of the game (and, therefore, wouldn't serve as a viable replacement for someone buying the PTs), I can't see any problem with it.

I probably wouldn't encourage mauve velociraptors to eat alphabet soup while driving, though. Could be dangerous to others on the road.
TheZeigs joke was sorta the inspiration for this. I was thinking about making an "LSAT Bingo" shirt for test day that had boxes like "Native Americans," "African Art," "Dead Writers," and "Topics More Relevant to Med School Hopefuls" and other things that come up consistently in RC/LR passages. Glad I didn't, because I had an especially sandy-vagina'd proctor who probably would have made me take the test shirtless.

shoop

Bronze

Post by shoop » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:41 pm

LSAT Blog wrote:Haha - love it - reminds me of TheZeigs' joke: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 5#p3030455

What if they are in minivans, the crash test winner and vehicle of choice for low-risk drivers?

goawaybee

Bronze

Post by goawaybee » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:55 pm

or a wonderful depiction of valdez/chavez some UFW folks on a flatbed, zoning maps, directing trucks of mulch/stone some guy washing it...some new ubranites with a nice map of western aus. on the back, loads of cash, greedy lawyers, wheel barrows full of money and van meegeren driving a mini vermeer trencher/plow combo pushing a bunch of vermeer paintings into a freshly dug trench. Always some sort of environmental conservationist involved in the process as well, skanky politician, freakish bacteria, eco-disaster whether it be a reef or birds covered in oil.

i do like the alphabet soup V. raptor. some nice gold metallic foil type ink...with gold fronts and C/D's on them. Wonderful stories of black mirado warriors, blazing...ah the memories.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

LSATNightmares

Silver

Post by LSATNightmares » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:20 pm

Brilliant, so brilliant. I laughed so hard now. Especially with the muave dinos and old/new CD's.

LSAT Blog

Silver

Post by LSAT Blog » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:43 pm

shoop wrote:

TheZeigs joke was sorta the inspiration for this. I was thinking about making an "LSAT Bingo" shirt for test day that had boxes like "Native Americans," "African Art," "Dead Writers," and "Topics More Relevant to Med School Hopefuls" and other things that come up consistently in RC/LR passages. Glad I didn't, because I had an especially sandy-vagina'd proctor who probably would have made me take the test shirtless.
Awesome - I made a similar LSAT Bingo board a few months ago.

Here's what one of the them looks like:

--ImageRemoved--
shoop wrote:What if they are in minivans, the crash test winner and vehicle of choice for low-risk drivers?
Being in a vehicle driven by soccer moms won't necessarily make velociraptors drive more safely, of course. Velociraptors rarely follow the rules of the road. That's why so many of them find work as NYC taxi drivers.

FuManChusco

Silver

Post by FuManChusco » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:50 pm

I want 6 t-shirts, the mauve velociraptor tee, the snakes and lizards tee, the cds tee, the mulch and stone tee, the zephyr airlines tee, and the window and aisle bus tee. They must be packaged one at a time from the bottom to the top, but there are specific instructions included.

The mauve velociraptor tee must be packaged before the zephyr airlines tee.
The snakes and lizards tee must be packaged before the mauve velociraptor tee.
There has to be exactly one t-shirt in between the zephyr airlines tee and the cds tee.
The cds tee cannot be packaged directly above or directly below the window and aisle bus tee.

alphagamma

Bronze

Post by alphagamma » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:02 pm

FuManChusco wrote:I want 6 t-shirts, the mauve velociraptor tee, the snakes and lizards tee, the cds tee, the mulch and stone tee, the zephyr airlines tee, and the window and aisle bus tee. They must be packaged one at a time from the bottom to the top, but there are specific instructions included.

There has to be exactly one t-shirt in between the zephyr airlines tee and the cds tee.
The cds tee cannot be packaged directly above or directly below the window and aisle bus tee.
I want 6 t-shirts, too: the mauve velociraptor tee, the snakes and lizards tee, the cds tee, the mulch and stone tee, the zephyr airlines tee, and the window and aisle bus tee. Specific instructions for packing them in the box are as follows:

Throw them in the box.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jayn3

Silver

Post by jayn3 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:05 pm

alphagamma wrote:
FuManChusco wrote:I want 6 t-shirts, the mauve velociraptor tee, the snakes and lizards tee, the cds tee, the mulch and stone tee, the zephyr airlines tee, and the window and aisle bus tee. They must be packaged one at a time from the bottom to the top, but there are specific instructions included.

I want 6 t-shirts, too: the mauve velociraptor tee, the snakes and lizards tee, the cds tee, the mulch and stone tee, the zephyr airlines tee, and the window and aisle bus tee. Specific instructions for packing them in the box are as follows:

Throw them in the box.
reading you guys' descriptions of the games makes me kind of wish i'd waited a year.....

FuManChusco

Silver

Post by FuManChusco » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:08 pm

jayn3 wrote:reading you guys' descriptions of the games makes me kind of wish i'd waited a year.....
I'm not sure what you mean by this.

jayn3

Silver

Post by jayn3 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:14 am

FuManChusco wrote:
jayn3 wrote:reading you guys' descriptions of the games makes me kind of wish i'd waited a year.....
i mean that seeing mauve dinosaurs or zephyrs of any sort would have made me at least 15% less miserable during the lsat.

iclaw

New

Post by iclaw » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:30 am

lifestooquick wrote:I have no idea, but LOL. I'd buy one.
I definitely would buy one. Group order???? haha

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

itseightfortyfive

New

Post by itseightfortyfive » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:25 am

count me in!!!!

PrayingforHYS

Bronze

Post by PrayingforHYS » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:38 am

You know what actually made me chuckle during the LSAT? (I hope this isn't breaking any rules b/c I'm not referring to which section this was from or what an answer may have been -- if it is not allowed, please delete it)

Either one of the bibles or Steve Schwartz from LSATBlog had highlighted LSAC's obsession with using dinosaurs in some kind of context...sure enough, I come across a question that deals with dinosaurs. Idk, it was just a priceless moment...me softly chuckling on the inside amidst all the stress of taking the LSAT

Soooo, your reference to velociraptors (sp?) made me think about that.

mst

Silver

Post by mst » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:05 am

jayn3 wrote:
FuManChusco wrote:
i mean that seeing mauve dinosaurs or zephyrs of any sort would have made me at least 15% less miserable during the lsat.
Trust me, if you saw the logic game featuring the "Mauve" dinosaurs, there was nothing 'less miserable' about it, haha. Mostly because you'll spend half of the time wondering if mauve is actually a color and the other half wondering why they picked it when the other 3 colors are green, yellow, and blue...

jayn3

Silver

Post by jayn3 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:53 am

mst wrote:
jayn3 wrote:
FuManChusco wrote:
Trust me, if you saw the logic game featuring the "Mauve" dinosaurs, there was nothing 'less miserable' about it, haha. Mostly because you'll spend half of the time wondering if mauve is actually a color and the other half wondering why they picked it when the other 3 colors are green, yellow, and blue...
mauveline was the first synthetic dye ever made, in case you were wondering. i learned the most useful things in my "history of things" seminar......

goawaybee

Bronze

Post by goawaybee » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:30 am

maybe i am a dinosaur. I have been aware of mauve dinosaurs for 30 plus years now.

I did hit a few Q' s where I lost my shit on the test and started cackling. Really hard to hold it. TIme break hit I couldn't get up, just had to sit and giggle for a minute before I went outside, had a cig and was forced to deal with the "COLD, HARD" reality that everyone else was stressed and freaking out over interns.

back to t-shirts. I think this should be done....would throw coin at it. Don't want to get involved in the design process i got a screen printer who will do some solid work for super reasonable. if anyone wants to make this a "living" breathing thing let me know. Even limited run different designs, few diff. color ways ...can all be done for fair price.

any takers....make the pooh or get off zee potty.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”