lost item at the test center

SHANbangs

lost item at the test center

Postby SHANbangs » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:11 am

I lost my bag at the testing center, as I gave it to the proctor. How do I get into contact with the proctors at my test location? Anybody have any ideas? I've already checked the campus lost and found, and they did not report anything.

SAE

Re: lost item at the test center

Postby SAE » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:13 am

aren't you prohibited from bringing any bags into the testing room?

try contacting lsac, see what they have to say about it.

SHANbangs

Postby SHANbangs » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:19 am

they don't have any info on the proctors and told me to contact the school's lost and found. Has anybody ever lost an item at the test center?

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:21 am

SHANbangs wrote:they don't have any info on the proctors and told me to contact the school's lost and found. Has anybody ever lost an item at the test center?

Schools lost and founds seems like your best bet. However, I'm more inclined to believe that someone accidentally took your bag instead of their own (or intentionally took both). This is why I left my wallet in the car and my keys in my pocket.

SHANbangs

Postby SHANbangs » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:25 am

well, I gave it to the proctor, who put it right next to her stuff, so I'm more inclined to believe she still has it.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:28 am

SHANbangs wrote:well, I gave it to the proctor, who put it right next to her stuff, so I'm more inclined to believe she still has it.

That's crazy. Did the proctor ask for it? I don't think they're supposed to do that.

I take it that you approached the proctor after the test, right? Then she claimed she didn't have it? There's more to this story we're not seeing.

SHANbangs

Postby SHANbangs » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:30 am

nono, I had a bag, I gave it to her because I know I can't have it with me, she kept it under the desk at the front of the room. Then I completely forgot about the bag and left, in a fit of sheer ecstasy/relief/horror. It was my fault I lost it, not the proctor's fault.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:34 am

SHANbangs wrote:nono, I had a bag, I gave it to her because I know I can't have it with me, she kept it under the desk at the front of the room. Then I completely forgot about the bag and left, in a fit of sheer ecstasy/relief/horror. It was my fault I lost it, not the proctor's fault.

Okay, so when you say bag, you're not referring to the plastic bags we're allowed to bring with us?

If the proctor had any common sense, she turned your bag into lost and found at your test center. Why would she keep it? Then she'd have to go through the effort of contacting you. The only alternative is that she stole your bag, in which case it'd be really difficult to prove.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”