June 27th LSAT

mottainai

Re: June 27th LSAT

Postby mottainai » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:42 am

I don't know if I should cancel or not. I don't have a score on my record, but I doubt I got any higher than a 162 for this test...though I might be a little pessimistic.

How did you do, hemm?

hemm

Postby hemm » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:52 am

Well, I think I did okay. There weren't any surprises or anything. My second LR felt harder than the first, though. I didn't run out of time on any of the sections. We'll see!

asianette

Postby asianette » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:04 am

Hey fellow Asia LSATters!

I had the following: RC, LG, LR, LG, LR in that order. Out of the two LG sections, one of them was super straightforward -- a couple of linear games, not a big deal. The second LG though was beserk. The last game was some kind of crazy combination game about faculty and students with students living farther from campus than faculty. Hemm did you have this as your experimental LG as well? The third game was some weird crazy grouping thing and I couldn't even tell you what it was about b/c I was so startled. I don't think it was actors/actresses though.

Can someone write more of what they remember of the LGs? THANKS guys - and CONGRATS on it being over!!
Last edited by asianette on Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

FutureApplicant

Postby FutureApplicant » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:21 am

hemm wrote:Finally! Finished! Hard to believe it's over!

I had LG LR LG LR RC....I think the 1st LG was experimental. It seemed a little "off" or something, but I'm not sure.

Overall the test went according to plan, no surprises. It was a bit weird that our English proctor was just some dude talking over the speakers.

Time to start on my pitcher of stout I bought on the way home!

I tested in Shanghai. Had the same arrangement as you. I'm desperately hoping the first LG section was the experimental one, because it did not go very well.

Of course, we could have had completely different test forms.

Best of luck. Hope you did well.

Mayaa

Postby Mayaa » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:35 am

how do you cancel your score? I tried to find that "what to do next" sign but i cannot find it in my lsac account. Can somebody tell me where it is? Thanksss!!!

yurishima

Postby yurishima » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:48 am

It is absurd that three months of my life should come down to a four hour test. Regardless, it is over and I am thankful for at least that.

Thoughts: as always, fucking reading comprehension. I don't care about floods or photography. I was surprised at how well I performed on the LR (potential -0 unless some ticks got in the way). My only regret/unexpected incident during the test was a guess on a games question. I cannot forgive myself for that.

The experience in Japan was nice. No complaints.

Did anyone else go out for a beer at the Lawson afterward? I'm the guy who was obsessively trying to remember the questions!

yurishima

Postby yurishima » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:51 am

Oh, and I'm pretty sure real games were a linear, the working on Friday and Saturday (which featured my one guess), the teachers or students... and something I forget.

FutureApplicant

Postby FutureApplicant » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:04 am

asianette wrote:

Can someone write more of what they remember of the LGs? THANKS guys - and CONGRATS on it being over!!

Just a friendly FYI: we're really not supposed to discuss test content on here, especially for tests that have not yet been disclosed (and today's never will be I guess). The general guideline is:

"To clarify, this prohibition does not apply solely to the direct quotation of test questions and answers. Approximations of the language used in questions/answer choices, instances of paraphrasing, and descriptions of answer patterns are all likely to draw complaints from the LSAC. As a rule, try to avoid discussing anything that could give you an unfair advantage (typically regarding the decision of whether to cancel) over test-takers who do not use these forums."

(From: http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... fc29bbf5d0)

If you start posting specifics, the moderators (of which I am not a member), will become grumpy, as they did with at least a couple of folks following the earlier June LSAT stateside.

What would be welcome (IMHO): good strategies for getting your mind off of the stupid test and onto other things, particularly for those of us who probably did not do as well as we would have liked, lol.

Best of luck to everyone who tested today.

PLATONiC

Postby PLATONiC » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:23 am

hemm wrote:
mottainai wrote:Retake....sigh. Forgot to set my reset my watch during the RC section and panicked on the third passage. Screwed up the third LG too.

The real LG section had something about actors and actresses in the third game. My exp was a RC section.

That sucks. Are you thinking of canceling?

Yeah that was my 2nd LG. Actors/actresses and then nonstop/layover flights. I'm glad that game was last.

I took the LSAT today, and I don't remember the bolded aspects of LGs! Did I completely zone out during the test????

neptunestar

Postby neptunestar » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:55 am

Whoever had 2 LG sections... Was 1 one of them ridiculously easy (like finish 6 mins early easy) and the other more on par?

Are the ridic easy ones usually the experimental when it comes to LG or was I just on fire lol?

kmarks

Postby kmarks » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:07 am

Whoever had 2 LG sections... Was 1 one of them ridiculously easy (like finish 6 mins early easy) and the other more on par?

Are the ridic easy ones usually the experimental when it comes to LG or was I just on fire lol?

Yea, I had two LG sections too -- one section was moderately difficult and the other was super easy. I assumed it was all a trick, and I was just doing them wrong! I actually got a bit nervous. I really hope the easy section is the real deal, but knowing how sadistic the test makers are, I'm sure it won't be.

hemm

Postby hemm » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:06 pm

My 1st LG seemed a lot easier than the 2nd one. I was actually a little worried because it felt too easy.

FutureApplicant

Postby FutureApplicant » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:36 pm

Same here: one hard one (first section), one absurdly easy one (third section).

Consensus seems to be that the easy one is way too easy to be the real one.

:cry:

PLATONiC

Postby PLATONiC » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:10 pm

I usually get -0 to -2 on LGs, and by no means was the LG easier yesterday. I just had to get two RC sections... I hated RC.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”