June 27th LSAT

navi786

Re: June 27th LSAT

Postby navi786 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:18 am

LSAT Blog wrote:LSAT-India is a test for admission to law schools in India. In India, as well as in most of the world, law school is an undergraduate program. Basically, the people taking LSAT-India haven't gone to college yet. This is likely the reason that there is no experimental section and that there are only 4 choices on most sections of LSAT-India.

The 6/27 LSAT is the same format as the one that North Americans take. 5 choices per question, experimental section, etc. There's no reason to believe it's any easier or harder than the one administered in North America.

Given that Navi786 is taking it on June 27, I don't believe that he or she is taking the LSAT-India, despite taking the LSAT in India (there's an important distinction there), unless he or she is simultaneously applying to undergraduate-level law programs and graduate-level law programs.

HEY !!
I am a Canadian , i just didnt have enuf time time to fly back after my Semester here , so i decided to give LSAT in INDIA it is exactly the same as LSAT all around the world !

With a possiblity that i might get + or - 2 questions right or wrong than i wud have giving in the CANADA...Since it wont be the exact same Carbon copy...
But its just more comfortable this way :)

Cheeers.. 9 days to Go .. I am Freakin Out !!!
specially watching these flaming high 175 + on the board !!
But then again i only need 165's for a good Canadian Law school

edinbourgh

Postby edinbourgh » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:21 am

hemm wrote:PT55: 96 / 177. -2 LR, -1 RC, -1 LG, PT41: -0 RC

Finished PT41 as my last 4 experimental sections: 99 / 180. -1 LR, -1 LG, -0 RC

Encountered the infamous talk-story passage....I want to meet the person that wrote the cotton fiber analogy question. Had some difficulty with LG on this one and ended up having to make a bunch of hypos. The last game was really weird and I never got a great handle on it - it's people on a bus getting off at various stops.

4 more!

edinbourgh, do you recognize any pattern to the questions you're missing?

Sorry for the late reply. Bombarded with work these days. :(

Unfortunately, I don't really recognize a pattern per se. What I get wrong could be on any section and of any question type. Maybe that could be interpreted as meaning that I'm usually rushing a bit? I usually don't have that much time left after each section, so I'm always feeling the pressure to finish on time.

You seem to be doing really well, hemm. At that point, do you instinctively feel that you know the answer to each question as you are taking the test? In other words, at that level do you have any questions that you feel unsure about or are your few mistakes more along the line of reading too fast and / or silly mistakes? Thanks, and hope your prep is going great.

edinbourgh

Postby edinbourgh » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:28 am

FuManChusco wrote:
edinbourgh wrote:There's not that much time left now. I just finished yet another preptest today. I seem to be stuck in the early 170's. Can anyone share any tips for sitting more comfortably in the mid to high 170's? I hope to make up for the possible score dip on test day. FWIW I seem to always get a few wrong in LG. Should I just drill them more and work on finishing them faster before test day arrives? Thank you in advance!

Advice: Don't get any wrong in LG. Seriously. If you want a mid to high 170s score, then this is step #1. You're plan sounds good. Drill LG sections until you feel comfortable hitting -0 every time. Try to speed up too so if you encounter a hard Q on the test, you won't be too rushed. There's not much other advice once you get into the 170s. It's all about limiting mistakes, but finding a high 170s test taker with LG mistakes is rare. It's the one section where the answer is absolutely definite.

Thanks for the advice, FuManChusco. The later tests are really making me agree with you on the importance of getting LG correct. I suppose it's the only way to offset the fact that the other sections are seemingly increasing in difficulty. How long did it take you to get very good at LG? I started from a pretty low diagnostic, so I'm wondering if I can realistically expect to increase much more.

hemm

Postby hemm » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:10 am

edinbourgh wrote:You seem to be doing really well, hemm. At that point, do you instinctively feel that you know the answer to each question as you are taking the test? In other words, at that level do you have any questions that you feel unsure about or are your few mistakes more along the line of reading too fast and / or silly mistakes? Thanks, and hope your prep is going great.

Thanks! Yeah, I guess now I sort of get a gut feeling about most answers, but I still have trouble, usually with the last few questions of LR sections, or those lengthy, involved RC questions.

PT57: 99 / 180. -1 LG, -1 LR, -0 RC + June 07 exp: -2 LR

Fractals and mauve dinos all in one go. Ridiculous. Timed at 30 min sections, but the dino game took me to about 32-33.

One week left. Insane!

FuManChusco

Postby FuManChusco » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:58 pm

edinbourgh wrote:
FuManChusco wrote:
edinbourgh wrote:There's not that much time left now. I just finished yet another preptest today. I seem to be stuck in the early 170's. Can anyone share any tips for sitting more comfortably in the mid to high 170's? I hope to make up for the possible score dip on test day. FWIW I seem to always get a few wrong in LG. Should I just drill them more and work on finishing them faster before test day arrives? Thank you in advance!

Advice: Don't get any wrong in LG. Seriously. If you want a mid to high 170s score, then this is step #1. You're plan sounds good. Drill LG sections until you feel comfortable hitting -0 every time. Try to speed up too so if you encounter a hard Q on the test, you won't be too rushed. There's not much other advice once you get into the 170s. It's all about limiting mistakes, but finding a high 170s test taker with LG mistakes is rare. It's the one section where the answer is absolutely definite.

Thanks for the advice, FuManChusco. The later tests are really making me agree with you on the importance of getting LG correct. I suppose it's the only way to offset the fact that the other sections are seemingly increasing in difficulty. How long did it take you to get very good at LG? I started from a pretty low diagnostic, so I'm wondering if I can realistically expect to increase much more.

I read the LG bible, took my first diagnostic and got a 169. I think I got a -2 on LG on that test. Over the next 2 weeks I drilled a lot of LG and ranged between -3 and -0. After that I basically hit -0 on every PT with the occasional -1/-2 due to misreads, tough Qs, etc. I think I had a streak of 20+ LG -0s leading up to the June test though and I'm fairly confident I hit -0 on the real thing. I always found LGs easy, so I can't really comment on score improvement. There are dozens of people on the boards who improved drastically however, and if you're in the 170s, then I wouldn't settle for anything less than a perfect LG. If you're at -5 or better consistently then there is no reason you can't get there. I recommend grabbing every section from Cambridge LSAT and drilling as much as possible. LGs are nice because you can do them anywhere, in a boring lecture, on the bus, smoking a hookah, other various activities. Haha, gl.

hemm

Postby hemm » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:05 am

4 study days left! One more prep test, plus LG work - going to go through all the games on LSAT Blog's 10 hardest logic games and 7 logic games repeated posts, plus review my LR document with the questions I've missed and had difficulty with.

PT58: 99 / 180. -0 LR, -0 LR, -2 RC + June 07 exp: -2 LR

Disappointed in my June score so far (total of -4 LR). I thought it would be an easy test because of the ridiculously tight curve (-8) so I'm disappointed that I'm having trouble with it.

hemm

Postby hemm » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:50 am

PT59: 93 / 175. -6 LR, -2 RC, -0 LG
June 07: 94 / 172. -4 LR, -2 RC, -0 LG

Final numbers:
Overall median: 176.5
June median (14 PTs): 178

Down to the wire....Disappointed and angry about my last PT scores. I had a nice streak going and now my confidence isn't too high for Sunday. Invisible sculptures RC screwed me over, but I also got rocked by LR.

I guess I feel pretty down because despite all the studying I've been doing, a test like June 07 could be the one I actually take on Sunday.

Not sure what to do on my last couple of days - these scores make me want to study more, but maybe I should taper off a little bit and just rest before the test. I'll review 59 and June 07 tonight. Beyond that, I have PT39 saved for some more practice. I'm thinking of doing individual sections from that one, maybe untimed. I don't think timing is my problem because I've been doing my last PTs with 30 minute sections. This past week I woke up early and did my PTs in the morning before work because the June LSAT here is at 8.30am. I've been pretty tired and stressed this week, maybe I just need some rest. Sort of freaking out.

Anyone have any suggestions?

(Also, can't believe Korea is going to be playing a soccer match the night before the LSAT. I wonder how many times the cheering will wake me up.)

kazu

Postby kazu » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:03 am

Hello!! New to this thread, also taking the 27th LSAT. Glad to see there will be at least some people to obsess with until the scores come out :mrgreen:

hemm, definitely try to rest/relax during these last 2 days. Studying more probably isn't going to help at this point, and might even hurt :cry: Seems like you've been doing extremely well so far, don't start psyching yourself out at the last minute :(

Anyone doing anything special the day before the test? I'm probably going to go shopping with a couple of friends - to take my mind off the test (and stay sane) and also to tire myself out just enough so hopefully I can fall asleep without any trouble.

asianette

Postby asianette » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:02 am

Taking it in Asia in a few days - misery loves company! :) I've found the new RC sections (since the onset of Comparative Reading...but not necessarily those particular parts) to be a lot harder than earlier RCs. Anyone else in the same boat?

I'm averaging about a 174 including earlier tests, but have hit up to 179 several times. Hoping for some luck to get on the higher end of it on test day! Agree with the previous poster who expressed frustration...the variance in scores is a bit scary and it's hard to be consistent. I guess lot of things will just be chalked up to how we perform on the particular questions/passages/games we get on Sunday. Good luck everyone!

navi786

Postby navi786 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:20 am

Best of Luck Everyone !!!

ps: do you think the curve will be slightly easier for us due to the lower level of competition and lower material/courses availability ???

hemm

Postby hemm » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:45 am

I think the curve will be similar to any other LSAT. But that could be -14 or -9, so who knows.

I went through PT39's LR and missed 5 of 30 questions - pretty frustrated. I feel like I can't focus at all. I have a huge headache.

yurishima

Postby yurishima » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:39 pm

Does anyone who is taking it at Temple U in Tokyo know any more details? I'm not sure what to expect from this university. Is it just like, one building? I guess that should be easy enough to navigate.

hemm

Postby hemm » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:28 am

asianette wrote:Taking it in Asia in a few days - misery loves company! :) I've found the new RC sections (since the onset of Comparative Reading...but not necessarily those particular parts) to be a lot harder than earlier RCs. Anyone else in the same boat?

I feel like the questions have gotten tougher, though the passages don't feel any harder to me. More questions with really long answer choices, analogies, stuff like that.

Tomorrow is D-Day for me. I went to the testing center today just to make sure how long it takes to get there and find exactly the building it's in. Unfortunately it's closed, so I didn't get a chance to look at the actual classroom, but at least I'm sure where to go now. Anyone other TLSers going to be at Yonsei tomorrow?

Yesterday was tough for me, really stressed out, felt like crap. Today's going a bit better. Went and shot some hoops, and I think I'm gonna go for a run now. I decided not to even glance at LSAT stuff today. I have to get my last PT out of my head. It's really difficult, but I'm trying to relax :) Maybe a beer with dinner.

edinbourgh

Postby edinbourgh » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:09 am

I'm gonna be at Yonsei tomorrow, hemm. It irks me that the game will be on tonight, though. Are you going to watch it? I really want to see it, but it's gonna be on pretty late.
We can't be the only ones taking it there. Come out of the woodworks, posters and lurkers! It would be pretty cool to see some TLSers in real life.

hemm

Postby hemm » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:22 am

I'll probably watch the first half. It's physically impossible for me to fall asleep before then anyway.

joonhp

Postby joonhp » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:51 am

anyone know how to get to the testing center via public trans? get off shinchon on the green line..then what?

hemm

Postby hemm » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:02 am

Take exit 2 or 3 and walk straight (north) up the street past all the stores. You'll come to a big intersection. Cross the street onto the Yonsei campus and look for the big campus map. It's the General Classroom Building / Graduate School of Education.

joonhp

Postby joonhp » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:04 am

hemm wrote:Take exit 2 or 3 and walk straight (north) up the street past all the stores. You'll come to a big intersection. Cross the street onto the Yonsei campus and look for the big campus map. It's the General Classroom Building / Graduate School of Education.

thanks man. good luck tomorrow...hopefully the AC is working.

hemm

Postby hemm » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:27 am

You too!

I don't think I could take the test w/o AC in this weather.

mottainai

Postby mottainai » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:13 am

Yurishima, from what I saw today, it is one building. From the Azabu Juban station exit 1, it takes about 10-15 minutes to walk there.

Good luck!

hemm

Postby hemm » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:17 am

Okay I'm gonna try to get some sleep. Good luck tomorrow everyone!

edinbourgh

Postby edinbourgh » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:38 am

Finally done! Now I can go party/drink. How did everyone do?

hemm

Postby hemm » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:16 am

Finally! Finished! Hard to believe it's over!

I had LG LR LG LR RC....I think the 1st LG was experimental. It seemed a little "off" or something, but I'm not sure.

Overall the test went according to plan, no surprises. It was a bit weird that our English proctor was just some dude talking over the speakers.

Time to start on my pitcher of stout I bought on the way home!

mottainai

Postby mottainai » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:36 am

Retake....sigh. Forgot to set my reset my watch during the RC section and panicked on the third passage. Screwed up the third LG too.

The real LG section had something about actors and actresses in the third game. My exp was a RC section.

hemm

Postby hemm » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:39 am

mottainai wrote:Retake....sigh. Forgot to set my reset my watch during the RC section and panicked on the third passage. Screwed up the third LG too.

The real LG section had something about actors and actresses in the third game. My exp was a RC section.

That sucks. Are you thinking of canceling?

Yeah that was my 2nd LG. Actors/actresses and then nonstop/layover flights. I'm glad that game was last.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”