June '10 Test Center Annoyances Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
notreallyalawyer

New

Re: June '10 Test Center Annoyances

Post by notreallyalawyer » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:39 am

took mine at villanova. proctor was good. however we were in a lecture hall. no individual desks, and desk chairs on wheels that would squeak every time someone moved forward or back. that wasn't really distracting though. however, the test taker next to me forgot to bring tissues and as soon as the test started he snorted loudly every 20 seconds or so. that was incredibly distracting and it too me a while to tune it out. i felt pretty composed though, overall.

pschmied

New

Post by pschmied » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:20 am

GoBroncos22! wrote:
Godlike wrote:Indignant Professor insisting he had the classroom scheduled for a class and we needed to move was a joy....

HAHA the 4 sections one is epic, way to admit cheating and ignorance at the same time :P

Retaking in october due to LG bomb misinterpreting the "field" so I will get to do this again :(
So I am not the only one who totally fucked the 4th game over that word? YES!!! I dont feel so ashamed. That was very frustrating.

That use of the word was sooo ambiguous..I was 90% certain of which type they were referring to, but, I did scan to some of the additional rules to help clarify but they werent any help. That section should be eliminated from the equation..I feel badly for anyone who suffered bc of it

Ndkrto

New

Post by Ndkrto » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:18 am

I took my test at the Renaissance Hotel in Atlanta and I can vouch for the entire thing being pure amateur hour. The temps they had administering the tests (because this was obviously not their full time job) were a joke. They had no idea what they were doing, and I'm pretty sure the women who was reading the instructions had no idea what a LSAT was. She kept pronouncing it "La-SAT" and couldn't get through more than 5 words before losing her place. It was painfully obvious that none of them had ever done anything like this before, and it was easy to see the frustration on the face of the women who was there from LSAC. The other temps that were at the test had no concept of "not talking" during the test. More than once they would all gather in the corner of the room and start talking during the test. It was a joke.

Although the best one was probably when one of the guys decided to check his voice mail in the middle of a section. On speakerphone. That's right, speakerphone. All the sudden in the middle of the logic games I hear from the back of the room, clear as day "You have no new messages". Then when the girl from LSAC came back in the room he just looked around confused like he didn't think it was a problem.

I'm not sure how long it took at other testing centers, but since everyone who was administering it at our location was completely incompetant, we were in there for just shy of 6 hours. By the end of it I think everyone was just ready to get out of there.

rupertcat

New

Post by rupertcat » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:00 pm

Before the test, I overheard a young man explaining that he's a college football player and has no plans to go to law school, but his girlfriend said she'd buy him tickets to a Minnesota Twins game if he took the test with her.

It wasn't annoying, but it was quite silly.

Something that was annoying was the proctor's cell phone going off during the test. Ugh.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”