June '10 Test Center Annoyances Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
June09Sucked

New

June '10 Test Center Annoyances

Post by June09Sucked » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:29 am

Vent to your heart's content.

I was at University of Oregon, and right during the LG section, two massive classrooms of people were let out on the same hallway at different times -- I think they were people taking two different college exams, it was exam week at this school. Very noisy, I probably had about 5 or 6 minutes with constant chatter going on in the highway at a time when silence would have been most helpful.
Last edited by June09Sucked on Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

Knock

Platinum

Re: June '10 Test Center Annoyances

Post by Knock » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:32 am

June09Sucked wrote:Vent to your heart's content.

I was at Univ. of Oregon, and right during the LG section, two massive classrooms of people were let out on the same hallway at different times -- I think they were people taking two different college exams, it was exam week at U of O. Very noisy, I probably had about 5 or 6 minutes with constant chatter going on in the highway at a time when silence would have been most helpful.
I also had construction and rock music. The proctor's kept the doors open...

LSATNightmares

Silver

Post by LSATNightmares » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:35 am

My room was fine except the air conditioning made it freezing cold, and I had a sweater on! I was shivering during the test.

bartleby

Silver

Post by bartleby » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:36 am

My proctor's kept walking in and out of the room. Ridiculous. And the guy next to me who honestly didn't have a chance read out loud (muttered/mouthed) and had a pen on the desk the entire time. Drove me crazy.

No excuses though. Comes with the territory.

June09Sucked

New

Post by June09Sucked » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:40 am

Sorry to derail my own thread, but I just found this gem from a similar thread from an earlier test admin:
A girl said to be during the break, "I thought there were only four sections?"

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Godlike

New

Post by Godlike » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:51 am

Indignant Professor insisting he had the classroom scheduled for a class and we needed to move was a joy....

HAHA the 4 sections one is epic, way to admit cheating and ignorance at the same time :P

Retaking in october due to LG bomb misinterpreting the "field" so I will get to do this again :(

JetsMets

New

Post by JetsMets » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:31 am

I know someone who took the test at Rutgers - I think Rutgers Newark.

The had about 10 minutes left on the writing sample when a professor burst in saying he had the room at 6:00 and everyone had to leave (it was about 5:55 when this happened).

Somehow the 4 proctors couldn't handle this situation, although the test takers did try to tell the professor to leave.

The proctors told the test takers to finish up the writing sample early.

Do you think the LSAC would do anything about this? Maybe give those people another writing sample? I doubt it but just asking. Did anyone else take the test where this happened, I'm curious if the story is accurate.

Thanks!

Boarder122

New

Post by Boarder122 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:55 am

Yeah, I took it at Rutgers Newark and tis true. It was almost surreal....
Last edited by Boarder122 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

JetsMets

New

Post by JetsMets » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:03 am

Boarder, are you going to call LSAC?

Did you finish your writing sample?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

WhydidntItry

New

Post by WhydidntItry » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:18 am

I just took it in Kuwait.... and there was a sandstorm with high winds. The wind was so strong that it was blowing the blinds the entire time even tho the windows were closed. Since that's my only complaint it wasn't too bad, but still very annoying/distracting.

chelsea9305

New

Post by chelsea9305 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:34 am

My biggest complaint is the time it took to get started. 12:30 start time on the ticket, they didn't start processing people till 12:45 and I didn't get my test till about 2:00. The proctors were having a discussion about one leaving during the 3rd section because the late start was going to cause him to miss a class.

Same proctor also told a test taker where a phone in the building was, that they could use during the break, which I am fairly sure is frowned upon.

dominkay

Bronze

Post by dominkay » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:42 am

Godlike wrote:Indignant Professor insisting he had the classroom scheduled for a class and we needed to move was a joy....

HAHA the 4 sections one is epic, way to admit cheating and ignorance at the same time :P

Retaking in october due to LG bomb misinterpreting the "field" so I will get to do this again :(
I had the classroom double-booking issue, too! I took it at Fordham.

Entchen

Silver

Post by Entchen » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:52 am

I took it at Yale, and aside from the tiny little desks, which were annoying, the main distraction was that, right after the proctor read the rules of what is allowed and what isn't, a kid's phone rang. He tried to pull a "sorry, thought it was off," but the proctor wasn't having it and kicked him out before the test even began. He was really upset (I would be, too!) and slammed the door, then came storming back in later to confront the proctor again -- very dramatic!

In part I feel really bad for the kid, because to not get to take the test after probably months of studying (plus it's expensive!) would realy suck, but seriously, what a dumbass move. Although thank goodness it only happened before actual testing began, not during the exam.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TheBigMediocre

Silver

Post by TheBigMediocre » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:58 am

If LSAC made a note about your writing sample, I think it would actually help your applications. Schools you're applying to would love a reason to not have to pretend to read another writing sample.

Angelica Pickles

New

Post by Angelica Pickles » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:03 am

Entchen wrote:I took it at Yale, and aside from the tiny little desks, which were annoying, the main distraction was that, right after the proctor read the rules of what is allowed and what isn't, a kid's phone rang. He tried to pull a "sorry, thought it was off," but the proctor wasn't having it and kicked him out before the test even began. He was really upset (I would be, too!) and slammed the door, then came storming back in later to confront the proctor again -- very dramatic!

In part I feel really bad for the kid, because to not get to take the test after probably months of studying (plus it's expensive!) would realy suck, but seriously, what a dumbass move. Although thank goodness it only happened before actual testing began, not during the exam.
Wow. I'd be pissed.

balzern

Bronze

Post by balzern » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:20 am

Girl next to me coughed in my ear every second no lie. People constantly leaving the room. Proctor was really slow and couldnt read. Great times.

shock259

Gold

Post by shock259 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:02 am

I took it in a huge Marriott conference room. One girl had a panic attack somewhere in the middle of the test. She literally got up and yelled "I'M SORRY I NEED TO GO" and ran out panting/crying/freaking out. It was pretty exciting.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Non-Chalant1

Silver

Post by Non-Chalant1 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:04 am

LSATNightmares wrote:My room was fine except the air conditioning made it freezing cold, and I had a sweater on! I was shivering during the test.
We had to have been at that testcenter. They had like two ACs on and this one lady sneezed so much they had to birng her tissues. I was wondering why they didn't just turn it down a little.

Britt8607

New

Post by Britt8607 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:30 am

I am so glad I found this forum! I also took the June LSAT yesterday and the test center was a nightmare!! What is so sad is it was the proctors that made it so bad! I sat in the front of the room, and lucky for me the proctors sat right in front of me. This would have been ok if they had not constantly gotten up and down, up and down from their squeaky chairs that distracted everyone in the room. Also, they would go in and out the door, with it squeaking too. To top the whole thing off the proctors that sat right in front of me whispered the WHOLE test!!! I looked at them several times to let them know that they were bothering me, but they did not stop or even looked like they cared!! The only good thing was that all of the people taking the test (which was a grand total of 9) were extremely quiet and made sure not to cause any distractions.

MikeDicta

New

Post by MikeDicta » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:37 am

Our AC went from, like, 72º to 73º or somethin. Then a cloud went by...then, like, someone sniffled.

All of which should illustrate that there were no probs for the A-D group @ the WEB @ the U.

What's a point at which we should allow ourselves to be distracted on this, presumably the biggest test of our young lives?

And of course, as someday lawyers, we should ask just how much care is reasonable care for those who proctor our tests, all of that considered?

$136, to me, says there oughtta be dead effin' silence. My sympathy to those who didn't experience that.

GoBroncos22!

Bronze

Post by GoBroncos22! » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:08 am

Godlike wrote:Indignant Professor insisting he had the classroom scheduled for a class and we needed to move was a joy....

So I am not the only one who totally fucked the 4th game over that word? YES!!! I dont feel so ashamed. That was very frustrating.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Quadrangulum

New

Post by Quadrangulum » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:13 am

No AC in sweltering weather. Also, the lighting was this very dim and uncomfortable dark yellowish color.

karcirate

New

Post by karcirate » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:19 am

Originally I thought I would complain about tiny desks (I know lots of people have them) but them something amazing and awesome happened. We had many extra desks in the room (maybe 10 people in the room total) and some guy gets the idea to put a second desk next to his. Nobody noticed until the proctor calls in the test supervisor to ask if it's ok. He says, I guess so, as long as everybody is still far apart. Bingo - everyone in the room now has a decent amount of desk space.

This probably helped my score by a few points.

alphagamma

Bronze

Post by alphagamma » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:22 am

GoBroncos22! wrote:

So I am not the only one who totally fucked the 4th game over that word? YES!!! I dont feel so ashamed. That was very frustrating.
You're both not alone. Check out this thread: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=119773.

Moose Thompson

Bronze

Post by Moose Thompson » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:24 am

Angelica Pickles wrote:
Entchen wrote:I took it at Yale, and aside from the tiny little desks, which were annoying, the main distraction was that, right after the proctor read the rules of what is allowed and what isn't, a kid's phone rang. He tried to pull a "sorry, thought it was off," but the proctor wasn't having it and kicked him out before the test even began. He was really upset (I would be, too!) and slammed the door, then came storming back in later to confront the proctor again -- very dramatic!

Wow. I'd be pissed.
Why? The rules very clearly state that cell phones are not allowed in the testing center. It's dumb to even bring it in and even dumber to let it ring.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”