June '10 Test Center Annoyances Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ck3

Bronze

Re: June '10 Test Center Annoyances

Post by ck3 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:25 am

Took it at the Renaissance Hotel in Atlanta. Very unorganized proctors but overall it wasn't that bad. The main problem was that the lady reading the instructions could not read and kept stumbling over words hour after hour.

NonTradHealthLaw

Bronze

Post by NonTradHealthLaw » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:42 am

Her pronunciation of "la sack" was a nice mood booster, wasn't it!

DCApplicant2011

New

Post by DCApplicant2011 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:09 am

I took it at a community college in northern Virginia, and though it took an hour and a half to get started, the conditions were pretty much ideal. I was annoyed by how clueless the main proctor seemed... read everything very slowly, didn't know if giving a 1 minute warning was prohibited, etc. (and she said she had been doing it for 3 years!). Multiple people wore hoodies and carried in regular purses/bags, which surprised me.

BigBuckey

New

Post by BigBuckey » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:25 am

This is my first post here, but I have spent many months during my LSAT prep scanning the forums and articles on this site.

I took the LSAT at WTAMU in Canyon, TX. The proctors tried to collect our pencils and issue dull, used, and cheap "WTAMU" pencils. Then they attempted to force us to put our analog wristwatches in our gallon ziplock bags and put the bags at the front of the class on a bookshelf. Little did they know that they were dealing with a bunch of soon-to-be law students...

The best part was about 15 minutes into section one. A girl took off out the door to barf, never to return. They collected her test and pencils, etc. about 5 minutes before the end of the section. Apparently she couldn't contain it.

The worst part was the guy who dropped the "F-bomb" after every word during the break. Who wants to hear that kind of language anyway?

BigBuckey

Dinho

New

Post by Dinho » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:46 am

That was really the worst part? Really? I think you've got a future at the FCC.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sluguy14

Bronze

Post by sluguy14 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:03 pm

I took it at St. Louis Community College- Forest Park. Apparently there was some confusion with getting all the test materials together, because our proctor just didn't have the writing sample prompts. So after finishing the MC test, we had to sit in silence for 10 minutes while she went and hunted down the prompts.

EcFlay

New

Post by EcFlay » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:43 pm

filmorejive wrote:Day of test the building was changed upon arriving at the original building, with a sign taped to the door telling us where to go. There was no initial notice given out prior via email or anything updated on the ticket. This was not marked or notated on campus the day prior (I visited the site to know where I was going). Not that much of an issue, but the initial panic when you get to the room where you think you're taking the LSAT and it's a ghost town and you run the whole "did I come on the right day, the right time, did I miss an email?" panic it really freaks you out for a few minutes. Walking out of the building I noticed the sign and luckily a student was able to tell me where to go (the campus maps didn't do a great job of explaining where the new building was). I'd rather take this inconvenience over distractions during test-taking, but it was rattling for a few minutes nonetheless.
Did you take it at Dayton? If not same thing happened at UD.

Other than the building change everything at mine was great. Showed up early and when they filled our room with about 20 people, the shut the door and got started at 12:00. Proctor did everything fine. My biggest annoyance was that I was halfway through the certifying statement and she announced that it HAD to be done in cursive. WTF! I havent done cursive since 3rd grade. I erased, and it seriously took me about 10 minutes to write it in cursive and my hand was killing me (I do have a tendacy to grip my pens/pencils too tight).

ck3

Bronze

Post by ck3 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:18 pm

NonTradHealthLaw wrote:Her pronunciation of "la sack" was a nice mood booster, wasn't it!

I was trying hard not to laugh but I felt sorry for her. I don't know why the short lady who was in charge did not do all of the reading. It was if they hired a bunch of temps who had never heard of the LSAT and they just showed up just in time to proctor the test.

JDoodle

New

Post by JDoodle » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:41 pm

Kiersten1985 wrote:
June09Sucked wrote:Sorry to derail my own thread, but I just found this gem from a similar thread from an earlier test admin:
A girl said to be during the break, "I thought there were only four sections?"
Some girl right before the exam asked the proctor, "So how often are you going to call 'time out?' Like every 8 minutes?"

Really?
HAHAHA Teaneck Marriott? I cracked up

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

moff12

New

Post by moff12 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:31 pm

ck3 wrote:Took it at the Renaissance Hotel in Atlanta. Very unorganized proctors but overall it wasn't that bad. The main problem was that the lady reading the instructions could not read and kept stumbling over words hour after hour.

Where I was sitting I heard atleast three cell phones go off during the test. All from the proctors

wadeny

Bronze

Post by wadeny » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:59 pm

Some of the test centers sounded pretty bad as usual this time (incompetent proctors, bad desks, slow registration, etc), although I don't think I've ever heard of anything as bad as the parade story a couple years ago.

racer150

New

Post by racer150 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:24 am

I took it at Pepperdine. Being June it should have been warm being Malibu and all, but no, it was in the 60's outside and the air conditioning inside was blasting. So, I was pretty cold. It didn't really affect me though once I got into the logic games, then I was sweating... :)

The check-in process was so slow that it was almost 1:00 by the time we started so I asked to use the restroom and they let 10 people leave and re-check in.

The proctors were overall pretty competent and there was more than enough room on the desk.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:26 am

racer150 wrote:I took it at Pepperdine. Being June it should have been warm being Malibu and all, but no, it was in the 60's outside and the air conditioning inside was blasting. So, I was pretty cold. It didn't really affect me though once I got into the logic games, then I was sweating... :)

The check-in process was so slow that it was almost 1:00 by the time we started so I asked to use the restroom and they let 10 people leave and re-check in.

The proctors were overall pretty competent and there was more than enough room on the desk.
1? consider yourself lucky! The 2pm bells rang (slowly and loudly as well...great idea to leave the door open proctors :roll:) shortly into our 1st section.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

snowfight

New

Post by snowfight » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:19 pm

My room shook the entire time. And by shook, I mean the walls and the doors shook so much that they made creaking noises throughout the entire exam. Luckily, I'd been practicing under non-ideal conditions as small noises (generally those from florescent lights) really bother me during exams. I managed to block out most of the noise during the actual sections, but it was a little bothersome for my first section (a scored section) and when I asked the proctor about it, she said that she'd grown used to the shaking as the building always did that. Makes me wonder about a building that constantly shakes...

marklg89

New

Post by marklg89 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:13 pm

Took mine at Boston College law school... ideal testing conditions. Huge lecture room, about 100 people per room (3 in total). Proctors were great, professional, 5 minute warning, the whole deal. If you live in the Boston area I would def. recommend BC as a great center (friend took it at BU and had a totally opposite, negative experience)

prerna

New

Post by prerna » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:29 am

When I took it at Binghamton Univ in Feb two people in my room got those little pink disciplinary slips...one of the girls was sitting next to me and i think she had gone on to the next section, which is honestly so dumb...and theres no way you can "accidently" do that...i think she cried for the rest of the test but whatever it was her fault

No major drama/problems this time around except this weird older guy who kept asking everyonee during the break how we thought the test was so far and talking to us incessantly lol

van

New

Post by van » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:43 am

Do NOT test at UCLA......tiny desk so couldn't lay out booklet and answer sheet had to hunch over back/shoulders were sore. Taked to others who had big desks could spread out - find out what sites have those for Sept test takers.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mst

Silver

Post by mst » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:00 pm

prerna wrote:No major drama/problems this time around except this weird older guy who kept asking everyonee during the break how we thought the test was so far and talking to us incessantly lol
God I can't believe him!!! Must be because he came from a time when people weren't total asses.

balzern

Bronze

Post by balzern » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:09 pm

mst wrote:
prerna wrote:No major drama/problems this time around except this weird older guy who kept asking everyonee during the break how we thought the test was so far and talking to us incessantly lol
God I can't believe him!!! Must be because he came from a time when people weren't total asses.

I had a 70 year old Joe Paterno (Penn State Football Head Coach) taking it with me, seemed cheerful. Brought lots of snacks lol.

psteele99

New

Post by psteele99 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:58 pm

I took my test at Seattle University in...where else?... Seattle Washington. Great testing center, I highly recommend it. Lots of room, very quiet, great proctors. Only complaint is that we started about 40 minutes late due to slow registration.

stintez

Bronze

Post by stintez » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:05 pm

EcFlay wrote:
filmorejive wrote:Day of test the building was changed upon arriving at the original building, with a sign taped to the door telling us where to go. There was no initial notice given out prior via email or anything updated on the ticket. This was not marked or notated on campus the day prior (I visited the site to know where I was going). Not that much of an issue, but the initial panic when you get to the room where you think you're taking the LSAT and it's a ghost town and you run the whole "did I come on the right day, the right time, did I miss an email?" panic it really freaks you out for a few minutes. Walking out of the building I noticed the sign and luckily a student was able to tell me where to go (the campus maps didn't do a great job of explaining where the new building was). I'd rather take this inconvenience over distractions during test-taking, but it was rattling for a few minutes nonetheless.
Did you take it at Dayton? If not same thing happened at UD.

Other than the building change everything at mine was great. Showed up early and when they filled our room with about 20 people, the shut the door and got started at 12:00. Proctor did everything fine. My biggest annoyance was that I was halfway through the certifying statement and she announced that it HAD to be done in cursive. WTF! I havent done cursive since 3rd grade. I erased, and it seriously took me about 10 minutes to write it in cursive and my hand was killing me (I do have a tendacy to grip my pens/pencils too tight).
Almost took mine at UD but decided to go to Raymond Walters because my friends told me it was an awesome place for the LSAT. It was indeed pretty sweet lots of room for everyone the seats were very comfortable.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

nireca

New

Post by nireca » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:43 pm

Took mine in Fresno CA, at San Joaquin Valley College of Law and it was nice except for the dude behind me who couldn't help himself from ripping ass every time the proctor called out 5 minutes. Silent but violent. Strange thing is I had a guy in my prep course who would do the same thing during our in-class tests and so I was able to cope with it rather well.

mst

Silver

Post by mst » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:49 pm

nireca wrote:Took mine in Fresno CA, at San Joaquin Valley College of Law and it was nice except for the dude behind me who couldn't help himself from ripping ass every time the proctor called out 5 minutes. Silent but violent. Strange thing is I had a guy in my prep course who would do the same thing during our in-class tests and so I was able to cope with it rather well.
Let me get this straight... You've been twice stuck with people that are farting SILENTLY when 5 minute warnings are called??? Is it just me or does it sees incredibly more likely that the person letting it rip IS YOU?

Burgstaller04

Silver

Post by Burgstaller04 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:47 pm

mst wrote:
nireca wrote:Took mine in Fresno CA, at San Joaquin Valley College of Law and it was nice except for the dude behind me who couldn't help himself from ripping ass every time the proctor called out 5 minutes. Silent but violent. Strange thing is I had a guy in my prep course who would do the same thing during our in-class tests and so I was able to cope with it rather well.
Let me get this straight... You've been twice stuck with people that are farting SILENTLY when 5 minute warnings are called??? Is it just me or does it sees incredibly more likely that the person letting it rip IS YOU?
TITCFarter

nireca

New

Post by nireca » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:08 pm

mst wrote:
hahaha, nooooo! i've been found out! somehow i knew my ploy would unravel when i decided to take it public onto the tls forums but i couldnt help myself... your powers of deduction are too strong...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”