Unprecedented games

3|ink

Unprecedented games

Postby 3|ink » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:19 am

Without mentioning specifics, did anyone else find the games section to have an usual lack of precedent? That is to say, those game types have been underrepresented in past tests. That's why many LG wizards paid a terrible price today. We were all looking for a standard model and many of us failed to see the obvious deduction in front of us (I made the deduction soon after time expired).

All in all, the games weren't that hard when you think about them. They were just very different. I'm praying that this will be reflected in the curve.

Ship87

Re: Unprecedented games

Postby Ship87 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:24 am

Yeah I think the ideas that people had regarding the December 09 test, that the LSAC was trying to get ahead of the testing companies, is probably right. They are switching up the logic games and its a definite break with even the past couple of years. For most of the 2000s I was getting near or perfect PTs and only for the most recent PTs and this test did I ever struggle.

I feel pretty blindsided. I think after this test the "comeback of the logic games" is going to be a major topic in LSAT study and is a definite fact. If you're studying for the October LSAT, as I probably will be soon, it'll probably help to do every test from every year and make sure you can approach any logic game with an open mind to notice the big inferences in your face.

These games are making people cancel scores and stay up till 1:30 am talking about them, so I think this is a definite game changer and establishes a pattern. Unless the October games are like the experimental in which case it'll be real easy.

June09Sucked

Postby June09Sucked » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:19 am

I think I remember reading that people complain in a similar vein to your post after every test. People said similar things after my last test (June '09) and the LSAT veterans said that the noobs always think that. It's just a different experience doing LG in an actual test environment; not-that-unusual games suddenly seem bizarre and some of us understandably freak out.
Last edited by June09Sucked on Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

MarkRenton

Postby MarkRenton » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:25 am

June09Sucked wrote:I think I remember reading that people complain in a similar vein to your post after every test. People said similar things after my last test (June '09) and the LSAT veterans said that the noobs always think that. It's just a different experience doing LG in an actual test environment, not that unusual games suddenly seem bizarre and some of us understandably freak out.

Definitely something to this. I think most test prep books tend to present a high proportion of straight-forward logic games for one to hone their skills. However, people tend to be a bit surprised when they're rarer in the actual test format. Multi-leveled and unique games are considered "advanced" in most test prep books yet they're actually typically the norm.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”