Who else freaked after LG and cancelled their score? :D

ltrutledge

Who else freaked after LG and cancelled their score? :D

Postby ltrutledge » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:01 am

That games section got me pretty damn good too. I literally guessed on 9. I knew it was over then. After the 4th section I cancelled right then and there. I know I can do better in October. The section totally shot my confidence and it was all I could think about for the rest of the test, so I figured rather than hope that there were at least 6 D's in the last 9 questions and get a shaky performance on my last 2 sections, I should cancel. Kind of regretting it seeing everyone talking about the curve, but I want to apply to GULC and I know they still average, so I figured better safe than sorry... Who else? :D

Aggiegrad2011

Re: Who else freaked after LG and cancelled their score? :D

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:02 am

ltrutledge wrote:That games section got me pretty damn good too. I literally guessed on 9. I knew it was over then. After the 4th section I cancelled right then and there. I know I can do better in October. The section totally shot my confidence and it was all I could think about for the rest of the test, so I figured rather than hope that there were at least 6 D's in the last 9 questions and get a shaky performance on my last 2 sections, I should cancel. Kind of regretting it seeing everyone talking about the curve, but I want to apply to GULC and I know they still average, so I figured better safe than sorry... Who else? :D

I definitely did. =-/

Here's to October.

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:03 am

I messed up the 4th game, but I wouldn't hesitate to say that 80% of the test takers did as well. For that reason I won't cancel. But I'm sure this thread will be filled in about 53 seconds.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:05 am

kkklick wrote:I messed up the 4th game, but I wouldn't hesitate to say that 80% of the test takers did as well. For that reason I won't cancel. But I'm sure this thread will be filled in about 53 seconds.

Same happened to me and I agree. That's precisely why I haven't cancelled.

Ship87

Postby Ship87 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:09 am

I'm debating whether to cancel. Seeing as how everyone did pretty bad on it, I think the curve will help. I wouldn't be too worried if I didn't feel under time pressures on RC, so I'm probably going to just wait and see my score. I've only scored below 170 once on ~30 PTs, so if I get a score in the high 160s a retake can help me, and if i get low 170s that's fine too I can take it again, assuming I didn't completely blow it. I'm hoping for a 013 curve lol.

ltrutledge

Postby ltrutledge » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:22 am

I just really wanted a -3 or less on game and I KNOW that didn't happen. Hence my cancellation...

LSATNightmares

Postby LSATNightmares » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:30 am

I had a panic attack in the middle of the LG section. I got dizzy from hyperventilating, my hands and feet got numb, and I couldn't concentrate. I had the LG as my second section, so it definitely unnerved me for the rest of the test. I did manage to salvage myself and fight onward by thinking that was the experimental section. But when I got to section five and it was a third LR, I started crying.

I skipped and filled in the same letter on a blind guess for about 8 problems in LG. I know that I didn't score up to my full potential, which in the 170's. But I'm not cancelling. I've been studying very intensely since February (40 hours a week... I got laid off my from job), and I can't bare to cancel. Who knows, maybe I did awesome on the rest of the test, which I finished on time. Maybe the curve will be sweet, who knows.

All I can think about is my little sister, who took the SAT in high school and was convinced she bombed it. She ended up getting a perfect 800 on the verbal section and got into Princeton on pure merit. It's a good thing she didn't cancel, like she initially wanted to do.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”