RC on this test was some what interesting? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
quishiclocus

New

Re: RC on this test was some what interesting?

Post by quishiclocus » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:14 am

For anybody who found the New Urbanism one interesting: http://www.kunstlercast.com

Bees, meh. The Chicano actos were interesting from a cultural POV. I'm surprised more people didn't like the contingency fees one on the grounds that it at least touches on lawyer-type issues.

balzern

Bronze

Post by balzern » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:23 am

idoubtit wrote:yea they are so interesting that I was so deeply sunk in the joy of feeling the breeze of the first 3 articles that I totally ran out of time for the 4th one, which potentially could be the most exciting and intriguing masterpiece.

+110000000000000
haha yep guessed randomly for last passage

pjo

Silver

Post by pjo » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:25 am

The chicano one ate up my time. I kept going back and forth about two answers on the first question (main point) and second question (use of "immediacy").

balzern

Bronze

Post by balzern » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:26 am

I hate the "come find me" usage of a word then compare it to another usage....time consuming worthless garbage.

malfurion

Bronze

Post by malfurion » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:28 am

Bees passage was the most interesting, imo. The others were all pretty bleh but not as bad as talk-story and its ilk. I had the experimental RC section first and I think it was worse, but the only passage that I can remember from it involved dialects of Chinese in San Francisco's Chinatown. The comparative passage was really tough, but I have no recollection of what it was about.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

malfurion

Bronze

Post by malfurion » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:30 am

malfurion wrote:Bees passage was the most interesting, imo. The others were all pretty bleh but not as bad as talk-story and its ilk. I had the experimental RC section first and I think it was worse, but the only passage that I can remember from it involved dialects of Chinese in San Francisco's Chinatown. The comparative passage was really tough, but I have no recollection of what it was about.
Ooh that sparked a memory.. the comparative was about art forgeries and aesthetic bullshit, and specifically mentioned some artist that started with a V. I had a rough time with it.

tipler4213

Silver

Post by tipler4213 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:57 am

I thought I did pretty poorly on this RC section. The passages were relatively interesting, but I have struggled with time on all the new RC passages, and I feel like time disappears even faster on Game Day. I finished, but only by taken a lot of "leaps of faith" hoping that a certain answer was right "enough."

makingwaves

Bronze

Post by makingwaves » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:00 pm

Anybody (especially those who pick out the 3 with the most questions and just spend the bulk of the time on those on purpose) remember how many questions each passage had?

pjo

Silver

Post by pjo » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:20 pm

makingwaves wrote:Anybody (especially those who pick out the 3 with the most questions and just spend the bulk of the time on those on purpose) remember how many questions each passage had?
This is what I did. I skipped the bees passage and just put down “D” so hopefully there were a lot of D’s on that one. Im almost positive bees had 5Q’s (Hence why I skipped that one). I’m pretty sure Chicanos had 8 or 9 (I remember counting and being like “whoa that’s a lot”) and I think the Aussie law had 6 or 7. No idea about the first one tho.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

d34d9823

Gold

Post by d34d9823 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:22 pm

I panicked on the RC and ended up jumping all over the place. I ended up liking all my answers, but the fact I did it so randomly makes me worried.

emoney8907

New

Post by emoney8907 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:28 pm

i ran out of time for the last RC passage (was it the contingency one?) so i basically just put down the first answer that caught my eye, and i had a bunch of E's, and im wondering if that was the case for anyone else too....

if this post is against rules please delete, i dont know if they are, i'm just talking about a pattern, not about any specific question

lifestooquick

Silver

Post by lifestooquick » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:30 pm

I was just glad there wasn't a science passage - I always get tripped up on super dense science passages (stupid riddled basins of attraction and fractal geometry)

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:32 pm

The analogy for the contingency one I didnt get. I guessed, but educated guess. Anyone pm what they got?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

makingwaves

Bronze

Post by makingwaves » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:43 pm

Hah now that i've slept on it, now I cant remember if I bubbled C's or D's as guesses on the law passage. Shit.

This is going to be a funnnn couple weeks. :roll:

balzern

Bronze

Post by balzern » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:45 pm

I "threw some D's on it" (love that song after taking that test). :x

oliveminna

New

Post by oliveminna » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:49 pm

I didn't think any of them were too bad. I did the unthinkable though: I forgot to start my watch. They called 5 minutes and I had just started the last passage. Raced through and took some educated guesses. Hopefully some are correct as the rest of the passages seemed relatively easy.

jjlaw

Bronze

Post by jjlaw » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:55 pm

I thought the New Urbanism and Bees passage were pretty interesting. I actually really enjoyed the Bees passages because they were probably the easiest part of the section. There weren't any ambiguities between the differences/similarities of the passages, which made answering the questions a lot easier. The Chicano passage was a little hard towards the end, but nothing like Niguchi from PT59. And the Aussie law passage was okay as long as you maintained focus on how it was to be used and who would really benefit from it (or not).

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Jrugg88

New

Post by Jrugg88 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:57 pm

Very interesting - it seems most people thought LG was very difficult and RC was easy. I had exactly the opposite interpretation. I thought LG was one of the easiest I've had and found the RC very challenging. I usually have no trouble getting through RC, but was pressed for time (albeit that is partially because our proctor cut us 2-3 minutes short on section 4, which was my RC)....

emoney8907

New

Post by emoney8907 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:01 pm

so i guess the last passage wasnt full of E's. oh cancellation here we come :(

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:03 pm

jarofsoup wrote:The analogy for the contingency one I didnt get. I guessed, but educated guess. Anyone pm what they got?
PM'd.

goawaybee

Bronze

Post by goawaybee » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:14 pm

that RC was number 5 for me so was def. snore burger time....I think the valdez piece was okay, the vermeer/van meegeren thing was blah...that west. aus. contingency thing was just deadly as my final piece. I must have just ignored bees, I saw people mention Bees and i was on some WTF thing.

Dunzo. 3 weeks of keeping busy to keep the mind off of a 15/16 yr old with 0-9 slapped on its ass.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Kchuck

Bronze

Post by Kchuck » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:14 pm

jamlip wrote:
Kchuck wrote:Personally, I enjoy reading about Chicano acting troupes.
I really hope and believe this is sarcasm. Otherwise, you are a sad sad person.

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:24 pm

I actually found all the passages much more interesting and readable than the ones from recent PTs in the 50s. I wouldn't go back and read any of them for fun, but they all kept me engaged enough to do pretty well, I think.

clubba

New

Post by clubba » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:27 pm

Jrugg88 wrote:Very interesting - it seems most people thought LG was very difficult and RC was easy. I had exactly the opposite interpretation. I thought LG was one of the easiest I've had and found the RC very challenging. I usually have no trouble getting through RC, but was pressed for time (albeit that is partially because our proctor cut us 2-3 minutes short on section 4, which was my RC)....
+1

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:43 pm

d34dluk3 wrote:I panicked on the RC and ended up jumping all over the place. I ended up liking all my answers, but the fact I did it so randomly makes me worried.
Same here. I just know I missed a bunch of them. I barely had 5 minutes left for the last passage. However, I found the last passage to be comparatively easier than the others. The answers jumped off the page.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”