Dec 09 vs June 2010 reaction

User avatar
Ship87
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 9:53 pm

Dec 09 vs June 2010 reaction

Postby Ship87 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:17 pm

To people who have been around on the boards longer:

It seems from the reaction that the June 2010 games were pretty tough. How does this compare to the reactions to the December 2009 exam? I remember from the preptest that the games were harder and the curve was better, but I'm wondering if the reaction for this test is because the games were actually harder or because the people who struggled with it (like myself) are just self selecting.

If it seems the reaction is worse, then I think we can expect a better curve. If people taking the Dec 09 exam had the same reaction then the curve should be same. Sounds reasonable-ish. What do you think?

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: Dec 09 vs June 2010 reaction

Postby 3|ink » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:18 pm

December games were easier. December RC was what made it a -14.

bartleby
Posts: 1315
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 3:23 am

Re: Dec 09 vs June 2010 reaction

Postby bartleby » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:22 pm

F
Last edited by bartleby on Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bb8900
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 11:33 pm

Re: Dec 09 vs June 2010 reaction

Postby bb8900 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:34 pm

Took Dec 09. Felt the games for June were harder.

I canceld the dec bc of games and felt that these games were harder.

the mudge/stone was hard and the intern one was really hard.

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: Dec 09 vs June 2010 reaction

Postby 3|ink » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:34 pm

bartleby wrote:I hope I didn't say anything here that will get me banned.


I recommend you edit. I've seen people punished for less.

Jkf esq
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:19 pm

Re: Dec 09 vs June 2010 reaction

Postby Jkf esq » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:41 pm

I took december test and the games in june 2010 were equally as hard. lsac is trying to go in another direction with the games and the test prep companies arent able to specially predict these changes. i saw people who were scoring in 170's in prep tests almost in tears. the december scale was kind hopefully the curve for june is mother Theresa because I'd like to enjoy my summer and not take this test in october. the last game wasnt extremely hard it was just that most people spent so much time on the mulch game that it was such a rush to try to finish

User avatar
Ship87
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 9:53 pm

Re: Dec 09 vs June 2010 reaction

Postby Ship87 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:44 pm

My memory is so hazy on how I did the games but I just remember thinking I hope to god this is experimental. Regardless, I don't remember ever feeling that way on any practice test game, although I did run out of time on the Dec 09 PT because of the games but the curve saved me. Just hoping I did okay to get 170+.. or I might cancel.

LSATNightmares
Posts: 535
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 10:29 pm

Re: Dec 09 vs June 2010 reaction

Postby LSATNightmares » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:47 pm

Jkf esq wrote: i saw people who were scoring in 170's in prep tests almost in tears.


I was one of those scoring in the 170's on PT's who was practically in tears at the test today. In fact, the LG caused me a panic attack (my hands and feets were going numb from hyperventilating), and I would get perfect scores on LG recently. I'm glad I'm not alone.

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: Dec 09 vs June 2010 reaction

Postby 3|ink » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:54 pm

LSATNightmares wrote:
Jkf esq wrote: i saw people who were scoring in 170's in prep tests almost in tears.


I was one of those scoring in the 170's on PT's who was practically in tears at the test today. In fact, the LG caused me a panic attack (my hands and feets were going numb from hyperventilating), and I would get perfect scores on LG recently. I'm glad I'm not alone.


Same here. :cry:

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Dec 09 vs June 2010 reaction

Postby Knock » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:59 pm

Hmm, I think my holistic/plug and chug/hypothetical LG technique seemed to have paid off. I feel pretty confident in my LG. If that was the hardest section on the test, I think I did pretty well. I felt like my RC could've been a lot better though.

wdennison82
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:48 am

Re: Dec 09 vs June 2010 reaction

Postby wdennison82 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:14 pm

I thought Games was harder, but the other sections were easier... I'm 95% sure one of my logical reasoning was identical to Dec... That seems incredibly unlikely though... does this happen?

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: Dec 09 vs June 2010 reaction

Postby 3|ink » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:27 pm

wdennison82 wrote:I thought Games was harder, but the other sections were easier... I'm 95% sure one of my logical reasoning was identical to Dec... That seems incredibly unlikely though... does this happen?


Did you have experimental LR in december?

The games section on this test was the exact same I had in my December experimental.

User avatar
zworykin
Posts: 449
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 4:18 am

Re: Dec 09 vs June 2010 reaction

Postby zworykin » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:32 pm

I only took the Dec09 as a PT, but I felt like this one was a lot easier than that one.

wdennison82
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:48 am

Re: Dec 09 vs June 2010 reaction

Postby wdennison82 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:39 pm

I think my experimental in Dec was games... I went on my LSAT report on LSAC, but I can only see my answer sheet... the questions arent there anymore

User avatar
zworykin
Posts: 449
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 4:18 am

Re: Dec 09 vs June 2010 reaction

Postby zworykin » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:01 am

wdennison82 wrote:I think my experimental in Dec was games... I went on my LSAT report on LSAC, but I can only see my answer sheet... the questions arent there anymore


Your experimental section wasn't ever there anyway. They can't be releasing questions they intend to use in the future ;)

wdennison82
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:48 am

Re: Dec 09 vs June 2010 reaction

Postby wdennison82 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:20 am

Your experimental section wasn't ever there anyway. They can't be releasing questions they intend to use in the future


Pretty sure my my experimental in Dec was Games... not LR

User avatar
balzern
Posts: 347
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Dec 09 vs June 2010 reaction

Postby balzern » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:25 am

I killed the Dec 09 PT with a 161 but this test I will be shocked if I get higher than a 157... :shock:

User avatar
thisiswater
Posts: 995
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 1:51 am

Re: Dec 09 vs June 2010 reaction

Postby thisiswater » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:26 am

3|ink wrote:
wdennison82 wrote:I thought Games was harder, but the other sections were easier... I'm 95% sure one of my logical reasoning was identical to Dec... That seems incredibly unlikely though... does this happen?


Did you have experimental LR in december?

The games section on this test was the exact same I had in my December experimental.


I actually posted about this in another thread. I didn't take June but people keep talking about mulch/stones which I knew was an experimental on that test. I didn't know if it was exact though.

NonTradHealthLaw
Posts: 401
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 2:44 pm

Re: Dec 09 vs June 2010 reaction

Postby NonTradHealthLaw » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:46 am

Knockglock wrote:Hmm, I think my holistic/plug and chug/hypothetical LG technique seemed to have paid off. I feel pretty confident in my LG. If that was the hardest section on the test, I think I did pretty well. I felt like my RC could've been a lot better though.


I agree wtih you, entirely, knock. The games were difficult to diagram but fairly easy to trial and error...of course depending on the veracity of one's assumptions

User avatar
scruffs mcguff
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:49 pm

Re: Dec 09 vs June 2010 reaction

Postby scruffs mcguff » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:20 am

I took Dec 09 and June 10.

Actually, two of the games in June 10 I had as experimentals in Dec 09. Not that I remembered much from it but I did recognize them of course. I did not think the games in June 10 were that bad. Hopefully that doesn't mean I fell for a bunch of their tricks.

I think I am allowed to say which they were (hopefully). The stone/mulch and the writer/photographer for the 3 stories were both experimental in Dec 09 and real in June 10.

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: Dec 09 vs June 2010 reaction

Postby 3|ink » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:25 am

scruffs mcguff wrote:I took Dec 09 and June 10.

Actually, two of the games in June 10 I had as experimentals in Dec 09. Not that I remembered much from it but I did recognize them of course. I did not think the games in June 10 were that bad. Hopefully that doesn't mean I fell for a bunch of their tricks.

I think I am allowed to say which they were (hopefully). The stone/mulch and the writer/photographer for the 3 stories were both experimental in Dec 09 and real in June 10.


That entire section was experimental in December (for me at least).

User avatar
scruffs mcguff
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:49 pm

Re: Dec 09 vs June 2010 reaction

Postby scruffs mcguff » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:28 am

3|ink wrote:That entire section was experimental in December (for me at least).


Yeah, me too. I was just saying that two of the exp games were real in June 10. I don't remember what the two other exp games were in that section in Dec 09. Maybe they'll show up in the future, maybe not.

User avatar
Ragged
Posts: 1509
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: Dec 09 vs June 2010 reaction

Postby Ragged » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:33 am

3|ink wrote:
LSATNightmares wrote:
Jkf esq wrote: i saw people who were scoring in 170's in prep tests almost in tears.


I was one of those scoring in the 170's on PT's who was practically in tears at the test today. In fact, the LG caused me a panic attack (my hands and feets were going numb from hyperventilating), and I would get perfect scores on LG recently. I'm glad I'm not alone.


Same here. :cry:


Me too. Game 4 ruined my summer. :(

GoBroncos22!
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:18 pm

Re: Dec 09 vs June 2010 reaction

Postby GoBroncos22! » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:03 am

I seem to be the odd one out. I actually thought the june test was far easier than decmeber. BESIDES the 1st and 4th games on LG. The 4th one was sooo ambiguous in its wording, they never really explained what one term referred to. I realized I set it up wrong about halfway through but by that point I was almost out of time....Wonderful, right? I thought the LR was much more manageable and the RC was a lot easier for me than december, I lost like half my points in decembers test in RC.

yeff
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:32 pm

Re: Dec 09 vs June 2010 reaction

Postby yeff » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:20 am

I took Dec 09, not June 10, but had the Dec 09 LG experimental. I had real LG as section 1 and experimental games as section 3. It was most likely more due to my nerves calming by the 3rd section, but I was praying that my 2nd set of games was real and the 1st set was experimental, because I knew I aced the later games, and was flummoxed and rushing the first set.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], jumpman0703, NavyNuke, sethnoorzad and 8 guests