Score cancellation

vicuna

Score cancellation

Postby vicuna » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:59 pm

Quick score cancellation question. I'm a rising senior in college and just took the LSAT for the first time today. I usually score in the 169-174 range on practice tests but I don't feel confident after the test today. I guessed blindly on three question on LG and, surprisingly, had to guess on the last two questions on RC. I generally felt good about everything else, but if I miss questions according to my average plus the five guesses, then I will probably score sub-168.

If I don't cancel my score, I know that most schools average scores in the admissions process. So my two questions are simple:

1) Which of the T14 take the highest score? Is it just Georgetown and Penn?

2) If I took the test again in 2011 and didn't cancel my score, would they average the June 2010 score with the 2011 score?

Thanks.

LSAT Blog

Re: Score cancellation

Postby LSAT Blog » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:14 pm

vicuna wrote:If I don't cancel my score, I know that most schools average scores in the admissions process.

Most schools no longer average multiple scores. Most only consider the highest now.

It's primarily the top schools (such as ones in T14) that average multiple.

sch0123

Postby sch0123 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:49 pm

As opposed to starting a new thread; I've been scoring about the same on preptests (between 168-174), but definitely bombed the LG (which I was PRAYING was my experimental section)... So I would predict my score will end up around 160-162. Should I cancel? It's my first time taking, and I know I'll do much when I retake in the fall..

vicuna

Postby vicuna » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:05 pm

sch0123 wrote:As opposed to starting a new thread; I've been scoring about the same on preptests (between 168-174), but definitely bombed the LG (which I was PRAYING was my experimental section)... So I would predict my score will end up around 160-162. Should I cancel? It's my first time taking, and I know I'll do much when I retake in the fall..

The consensus seems to be that canceling is kind of pointless, because even the top schools mainly look at your highest score. I haven't found an answer to my second question though. Do you get a clean slate for a new cycle?

lostjake

Postby lostjake » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:07 pm

vicuna wrote:
sch0123 wrote:As opposed to starting a new thread; I've been scoring about the same on preptests (between 168-174), but definitely bombed the LG (which I was PRAYING was my experimental section)... So I would predict my score will end up around 160-162. Should I cancel? It's my first time taking, and I know I'll do much when I retake in the fall..

The consensus seems to be that canceling is kind of pointless, because even the top schools mainly look at your highest score. I haven't found an answer to my second question though. Do you get a clean slate for a new cycle?

No, all schools you apply to will see all scores.

http://www.lsac.org/lsat/lsat-score.asp

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”