POLL (Canceling the score)

Cancel or Retake?

1) Cancel 2nd time (1st in 2006, 2nd now)
6
33%
2) Wait for Score and Retake in Oct (Im sure i bombed it)
12
67%
 
Total votes: 18

User avatar
Philipsssssss
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:57 pm

POLL (Canceling the score)

Postby Philipsssssss » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:20 pm

I will delete this post later, i had to set up a poll because i really need an input.

Should i cancel? It would be my second cancelation...

Score PT 59 = 167

JUNE 2010 = Probably low 150's (LG sucked, and 3 LR after break was bad, didn't complete the 4th RC passage).

June09Sucked
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:22 pm

Re: POLL (Canceling the score)

Postby June09Sucked » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:29 pm

Won't your '06 cancellation disappear from your file in '11? Or is it just that scores cannot be considered for admission after 5 years, not that they disappear?

User avatar
LSAT Blog
Posts: 1262
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: POLL (Canceling the score)

Postby LSAT Blog » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:33 pm

In that situation, I would definitely recommend canceling.

A score in the mid-to-high 160s opens you up to a totally different tier of possibilities.

I'd rather have 2 cancels than a score that much lower than a score I PTed at, especially at the few schools that average (or those that don't disclose whether they average).

Easier for folks to give you an answer if they know where you want to go.

User avatar
GotYourselfAStewGoin
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:16 pm

Re: POLL (Canceling the score)

Postby GotYourselfAStewGoin » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:33 pm

If you are, as you claim, SURE that you bombed it, then you should obviously cancel. If there's any chance you are overreacting, then you may want to take a day and critically assess the options.

User avatar
LSAT Blog
Posts: 1262
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: POLL (Canceling the score)

Postby LSAT Blog » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:38 pm

GotYourselfAStewGoin wrote:If you are, as you claim, SURE that you bombed it, then you should obviously cancel. If there's any chance you are overreacting, then you may want to take a day and critically assess the options.


+1

Great point (and love the username).

You have 6 calendar days to cancel your LSAT score, so no need to make a decision right away.

(Just mark your calendar so you don't forget!)

Here's how to cancel your score if you decide to go that route:

http://www.lsac.org/AboutLSAC/faqs-and- ... ncel-score

-Steve

User avatar
Philipsssssss
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:57 pm

Re: POLL (Canceling the score)

Postby Philipsssssss » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:29 pm

GotYourselfAStewGoin wrote:If you are, as you claim, SURE that you bombed it, then you should obviously cancel. If there's any chance you are overreacting, then you may want to take a day and critically assess the options.


I want to got top T14. Well, if anything, T20.

I have a 3.6 UG LSAC GPA (3.89 University Graduation GPA)

I am working on my Master's in Accounting right now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is my prediction (approx).

LR -5 , LG -11 -12 (bombed) , LR -5, RC -12, LR -10 (last section, bombed was just out)

so... i would be lucky not to fall under 150's.


All of my PT's so far were above 160's.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will school adcoms' basically cut me out of the review if they see 2 cancellations?

User avatar
GotYourselfAStewGoin
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:16 pm

Re: POLL (Canceling the score)

Postby GotYourselfAStewGoin » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:38 pm

Well, if my math is right, you will have LG -12, RC -12, LR -15 for a total of -39. If that is your sober assessment of how you did, then a -10/-11 curve would put you around a 152/3. Based on your stated goals, that won't cut it. I would suggest canceling if, as I have said before, that is how you really think you did.

User avatar
Philipsssssss
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:57 pm

Re: POLL (Canceling the score)

Postby Philipsssssss » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:14 pm

^ Although i am pretty sure this is +/- close bet to how i did, due to the LG section mostly, are 2 cancellations + a good score look worse then having 1 cancel + 1 bad score + better score?

I am afraid the adcoms will see 2 cancellations and wont care much what my score is, even if it is 165.

User avatar
lennonist
Posts: 164
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:38 pm

Re: POLL (Canceling the score)

Postby lennonist » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:23 pm

In the same boat as this thread's author. The mulch games hurt me and the last game executed the control shot to my brain. 4th RC passage about Aussies went badly. 1st LR was great, 2nd LR mediocre.

What's worse, 2 cancellations + 1 absence vs. 1 cancellation + 1 absence + 1 low 160s score ? Input needed.

User avatar
Philipsssssss
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:57 pm

Re: POLL (Canceling the score)

Postby Philipsssssss » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:38 pm

^
Why did you decide to cancel 2 times?
---

The 5th section, LR, i did bad, because i already was drained mentally due to the LG and 4th RC.

My first cancellation was just due to the sheer fact i wasn't fully aware of the exam, if i knew it's better to cancel once i wouldn't have done it.

So disappointed.

User avatar
lennonist
Posts: 164
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:38 pm

Re: POLL (Canceling the score)

Postby lennonist » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:43 pm

Philipsssssss wrote:^
Why did you decide to cancel 2 times?
---

The 5th section, LR, i did bad, because i already was drained mentally due to the LG and 4th RC.

My first cancellation was just due to the sheer fact i wasn't fully aware of the exam, if i knew it's better to cancel once i wouldn't have done it.

So disappointed.


I didn't. I'm contemplating canceling today's test, which would result in 2 cancellations...which i detest. I am leaning more towards keeping a low 160s score rather than having a 2nd cancellation.

User avatar
Philipsssssss
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:57 pm

Re: POLL (Canceling the score)

Postby Philipsssssss » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:53 pm

lennonist wrote:
Philipsssssss wrote:^
Why did you decide to cancel 2 times?
---

The 5th section, LR, i did bad, because i already was drained mentally due to the LG and 4th RC.

My first cancellation was just due to the sheer fact i wasn't fully aware of the exam, if i knew it's better to cancel once i wouldn't have done it.

So disappointed.


I didn't. I'm contemplating canceling today's test, which would result in 2 cancellations...which i detest. I am leaning more towards keeping a low 160s score rather than having a 2nd cancellation.


Heh, i would keep a low 160's, the thing is, i scored consistently in the mid 160 range, and today, i am sure i am on the LOW LOW LOW end down there in the 150.

TOTALLY didn't expect it.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cocotruffles and 4 guests