Does anyone want to sell their prep-stuff?

October_2010_lsat
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:40 pm

Does anyone want to sell their prep-stuff?

Postby October_2010_lsat » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:56 pm

Now that the June scores are out, does anyone want to sell their last prep stuff? I will begin my lsat prep in a few weeks for the October lsat and want to buy some stuff. I already have the Powerscore Bibles (all three), Nova's Master the lsat, and tests 20-57. So I am looking for mainly the following stuff:

1) The Official LSAT Super prep (with explanations)
2) Test 1-19 and anything after test 57
2) Powerscore Deconstructed Books, Powerscore Logic Games Bible Workbook
3) Any other Powerscore stuff (Full length course books, test solutions/explanations etc)
4) Any prep-course on CD or any full-length course book from a major prep company
5) Any answer (test) explanations that resemble the Powerscore method
6) A Rulebook for Arguments, Logic Made Easy: How to Know When Language Deceives You, Elementary Logic: Revised Edition,How to Solve It: A New Aspect of Mathematical Method, The Little Luxe Book of Sudoku: 335 Easy to Hard Puzzles
7) Anything else recommended by Steve from the lsat blog (thanks Steve)

Please PM me if you want to sell anything. I hope your lsat went great and you scored a 180 :D
Last edited by October_2010_lsat on Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: Does anyone want to sell their prep-stuff?

Postby 3|ink » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:02 pm

October_2010_lsat wrote:Now that the June lsat is over, does anyone want to sell their last prep stuff? I will begin my lsat prep in a few weeks for the October lsat and want to buy some stuff. I already have the Powerscore Bibles (all three), Nova's Master the lsat, and tests 20-57. So I am looking for mainly the following stuff:

1) The Official LSAT Super prep (with explanations)
2) Test 1-19 and anything after test 57
2) Powerscore Deconstructed Books, Powerscore Logic Games Bible Workbook
3) Any other Powerscore stuff (Full length course books, test solutions/explanations etc)
4) Any prep-course on CD or any full-length course book from a major prep company
5) Any answer (test) explanations that resemble the Powerscore method
6) A Rulebook for Arguments, Logic Made Easy: How to Know When Language Deceives You, Elementary Logic: Revised Edition,How to Solve It: A New Aspect of Mathematical Method, The Little Luxe Book of Sudoku: 335 Easy to Hard Puzzles
7) Anything else recommended by Steve from the lsat blog (thanks Steve)

Please PM me if you want to sell anything. I hope your lsat went great and you will score a 180 :D


Here's the problem with that. Copyright law limits the use of test prep material to the original user. If someone sells to you, and the original publisher decides to go apesh1t, they could track down the seller and issue a court order requiring you to dispose of or mail those materials back to the publisher. In that case, you'd lose the money you spent on those materials.

My point? Just buy new.

October_2010_lsat
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:40 pm

Re: Does anyone want to sell their prep-stuff?

Postby October_2010_lsat » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:12 pm

3|ink wrote:
Here's the problem with that. Copyright law limits the use of test prep material to the original user. If someone sells to you, and the original publisher decides to go apesh1t, they could track down the seller and issue a court order requiring you to dispose of or mail those materials back to the publisher. In that case, you'd lose the money you spent on those materials.

My point? Just buy new.


Really? Then how come I can find lots of used stuff on e-bay, amazon and other sites. To me, it sounds like this is a gray area and there isn't a clear-cut rule. As a prospective lawyer I would like to 'manipulate' this gray area to my advantage :D :D Hence, the PM

User avatar
Canarsie
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Does anyone want to sell their prep-stuff?

Postby Canarsie » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:08 pm

I am not selling anything, but I wanted to say that you can get several of these books at the library for free.

6) A Rulebook for Arguments, Logic Made Easy: How to Know When Language Deceives You, Elementary Logic: Revised Edition,How to Solve It: A New Aspect of Mathematical Method, The Little Luxe Book of Sudoku: 335 Easy to Hard Puzzles

October_2010_lsat
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:40 pm

Re: Does anyone want to sell their prep-stuff?

Postby October_2010_lsat » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:12 pm

ashnicole wrote:I am not selling anything, but I wanted to say that you can get several of these books at the library for free.

6) A Rulebook for Arguments, Logic Made Easy: How to Know When Language Deceives You, Elementary Logic: Revised Edition,How to Solve It: A New Aspect of Mathematical Method, The Little Luxe Book of Sudoku: 335 Easy to Hard Puzzles


Thanks for the comment but the only library I have access to is a public library and it doesn't have any of these books.

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: Does anyone want to sell their prep-stuff?

Postby 3|ink » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:32 pm

October_2010_lsat wrote:
Really? Then how come I can find lots of used stuff on e-bay, amazon and other sites. To me, it sounds like this is a gray area and there isn't a clear-cut rule. As a prospective lawyer I would like to 'manipulate' this gray area to my advantage :D :D Hence, the PM


Because e-bay can't manage all of that stuff. The publishers hire people to scout ebay and amazon to look for abusers. They can't catch everyone. Some people get away.

Just because it's on ebay or amazon doesn't mean it is legal. It's no grey area.

brocklanders12
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:34 pm

Re: Does anyone want to sell their prep-stuff?

Postby brocklanders12 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:38 pm

3|ink wrote:
October_2010_lsat wrote:
Really? Then how come I can find lots of used stuff on e-bay, amazon and other sites. To me, it sounds like this is a gray area and there isn't a clear-cut rule. As a prospective lawyer I would like to 'manipulate' this gray area to my advantage :D :D Hence, the PM


Because e-bay can't manage all of that stuff. The publishers hire people to scout ebay and amazon to look for abusers. They can't catch everyone. Some people get away.

Just because it's on ebay or amazon doesn't mean it is legal. It's no grey area.


What is the difference between prep materials and every other book, cd, movie for sale on amazon, ebay, etc.

October_2010_lsat
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:40 pm

Re: Does anyone want to sell their prep-stuff?

Postby October_2010_lsat » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:54 am

bumb..

Unshake
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:00 pm

Re: Does anyone want to sell their prep-stuff?

Postby Unshake » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:13 pm

3|ink wrote:
October_2010_lsat wrote:
Really? Then how come I can find lots of used stuff on e-bay, amazon and other sites. To me, it sounds like this is a gray area and there isn't a clear-cut rule. As a prospective lawyer I would like to 'manipulate' this gray area to my advantage :D :D Hence, the PM


Because e-bay can't manage all of that stuff. The publishers hire people to scout ebay and amazon to look for abusers. They can't catch everyone. Some people get away.

Just because it's on ebay or amazon doesn't mean it is legal. It's no grey area.



How does a fairly large chain like half price books get away with reselling prep materials? They have an entire section dedicated to various test prep materials (ACT, SAT, LSAT, GMAT, GRE, etc...).

October_2010_lsat
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:40 pm

Re: Does anyone want to sell their prep-stuff?

Postby October_2010_lsat » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:14 am

shameless bump...

skip james
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:53 am

Re: Does anyone want to sell their prep-stuff?

Postby skip james » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:03 am

http://www.cambridgelsat.com/

this should help you hit up part of your list.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 34iplaw, Baidu [Spider], dj9i27, erinkh, loyalroyal, Pozzo, sd812 and 6 guests