Is it just me or..

Dr. Strangelove

Is it just me or..

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:45 pm

..do any of you have absolutely no idea how you did on the test?
There were no questions I really struggled with but I was kind of low on time so I couldn't do a thorough double-check on any of the sections.

DaveBear07

Re: Is it just me or..

Postby DaveBear07 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:48 pm

I really feel like I could go from a 167 to a 175....

I felt really good on the LR, had plenty of time to review answers on both. Actually corrected one answer on each, woo hoo!

RC, I felt good, but feel like I probably missed 2 or 3.... but might have only missed 1...

LG on the other hand... missed 3 at least, hopefully no more....

Add all that uncertainty up and I have no clue what I will get in a few weeks.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:48 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:..do any of you have absolutely no idea how you did on the test?
There were no questions I really struggled with but I was kind of low on time so I couldn't do a thorough double-check on any of the sections.

Usually when I have no idea how I did, that means I did worse than my average (this is based entirely off of my prep test experience). That's exactly how I feel about this test. I'm hoping I broke precedent today.

juevonate

Postby juevonate » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:00 pm

I've given up hope of predicting how I'll do. Most recently, I remember feeling really awful about a whole test, and ended up getting a 175 (I'm shooting for 170). I'm pretty good at picking out the right answer when I'm unsure. I just pray I didn't get a 165. Anything from 167 to 174 wouldn't shock me.......

My biggest troubles were with the australian legal fees RC, which I didn't quite have as much as I would have liked, and Tuscany interns LG, where I had to guess on the last question or so.

OklahomasOK

Postby OklahomasOK » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:06 pm

I wouldn't be shocked with a 165, I wouldn't be shocked with a 175.

I thought LR was challenging, but I've felt terrible about a section before, and gone perfect before. We shall see.

itseightfortyfive

Postby itseightfortyfive » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:06 pm

exact same feeling.

oxford_don

Postby oxford_don » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:55 pm

[]
Last edited by oxford_don on Sun May 11, 2014 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GotYourselfAStewGoin

Postby GotYourselfAStewGoin » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:08 pm

I feel vaguely confident. This is odd, because I had to guess on the last four LG questions and one in the middle of the section. I felt solid on the rest of the test though. Hoping for >=170, fearing <166.

lifestooquick

Postby lifestooquick » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:14 pm

For some reason I have a feeling I either did above average or below average (relative to my PTs) but have no idea which. I'm starting to stress about it more and more (now that the OMG IT'S OVER feeling is wearing off)

malfurion

Postby malfurion » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:15 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:..do any of you have absolutely no idea how you did on the test?

This is pretty much how I feel about it. When I left the test, I didn't feel great about it, but it's really hard to even guess at a score range. I had PT's where I felt confident when I was done and did (relatively) shitty, and vice versa, so who knows. Today, I was happy when I saw that my last section was a 2nd RC because I had a fairly rough time on the 1st one. I was also assuming that I had made several mistakes on one of the LR sections because of an unusual answer pattern, but since lots of other people noticed the same thing, I'm feeling a little more confident now. But it's so hard to tell, especially without knowing what the curve will be. I definitely don't think I scored near the top of my range, and I don't think I totally blew it, but that still leaves it pretty wide open.

I think I kicked ass on the writing sample, though! Damn my hand hurt after that.

MarkRenton

Postby MarkRenton » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:16 pm

I'll be happy even if I didn't do great. I feel that this test was sort of setup for me to succeed. Well-rested, good mind set, not nervous... The RC passages were interesting enough to me where I was able to pay good attention to them.

So even if I don't do as well as hoped, I'll be at peace. I'm fairly confident that whatever I score will reflect my true abilities (to take the LSAT). In other words, the conditions and variables were favorable enough, that I won't go to law school wondering if I had only done better on the LSAT because I'm probably not doing any better than I did today. So if I did badly, I can definitely live with it.

That said, no fucking clue how I did. It could be all over the boards.

MarkRenton

Postby MarkRenton » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:17 pm

malfurion wrote:

This is pretty much how I feel about it. When I left the test, I didn't feel great about it, but it's really hard to even guess at a score range. I had PT's where I felt confident when I was done and did (relatively) shitty, and vice versa, so who knows. Today, I was happy when I saw that my last section was a 2nd RC because I had a fairly rough time on the 1st one. I was also assuming that I had made several mistakes on one of the LR sections because of an unusual answer pattern, but since lots of other people noticed the same thing, I'm feeling a little more confident now. But it's so hard to tell, especially without knowing what the curve will be. I definitely don't think I scored near the top of my range, and I don't think I totally blew it, but that still leaves it pretty wide open.

I think I kicked ass on the writing sample, though! Damn my hand hurt after that.

Thank god for this. Everyone's reporting that. I was wondering if I was doing much much worse than I assumed I was doing. However, the last PT I took had a really odd and similar answer pattern.

PlugInBaby

Postby PlugInBaby » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:24 pm

Well before I entered the forum I made my MSN Messenger status "Sweet Joe Pesci this could go either way." That can give you an idea that you are certainly not alone.

If it weren't for the unexpected difficulty of the mulch game (which I did finally grasp but took too long) and the Romania-Spain-Tuscany game (got three right....hopefully guessed right on more)....I would be feeling very good. After that I felt little margin for error. I feel I grasped most of the RC and all the LR sections well....but its those one off mistakes that I fear.

I see myself better my original score of 161...but I can see a range from 163 to 173 depending on whether I was as skilled as I thought in some areas and whether I got lucky in some areas where I rushed myself.

hobbsey

Postby hobbsey » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:29 pm

Agreed, I really can't say how I did. For me it'll come down to how many LG I got wrong combined with the silly mistakes from LR and RC.

If I did about as good as I think I did on LR and RC and didn't do as bad as I think I did on LG I'll be in good shape.

If I did worst-case-scenario bad on LG and had multiple dumb mistakes on LG and RC I'll be in bad shape.

goawaybee

Postby goawaybee » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:53 pm

I am in the boat rowing, gotta love shits creek. Def. a 10 point spread. Refuse to cancel due to the range of schools I am looking at, late reg. cost 200 greenbacks or so, I want to see the numbers, just another letter to add to the existing pile....no worries.

hope everyone leans hard towards the high side when the scores come through.

nycparalegal

Postby nycparalegal » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:58 pm

Those who had to guess on the last LG, what did you put? I had all C's?

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:04 pm

nycparalegal wrote:Those who had to guess on the last LG, what did you put? I had all C's?

All D's for me. Statistically speaking, 'D' is the answer .05% more of the time than the others. If I got just 1-2 right, I'll be happy. I did okay on the rest of the test.

CryingMonkey

Postby CryingMonkey » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:05 pm

I have no clue how I did. Absolutely none. I feel a lot better about the LR since other people had weird answer distributions, but I don't remember anything about the second LG because the mulch question made me think it was the experimental. I remember thinking that it had to be because it was too weird but kind of easy for an LG section. Now, however, I'm a bit concerned, since I remember literally nothing about the section.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:07 pm

CryingMonkey wrote:I'm a bit concerned, since I remember literally nothing about the section.

That's not necessarily a bad thing. It may just mean that you encountered nothing worth remembering. Usually, the questions you struggle the most on are those you remember.

CMDantes

Postby CMDantes » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:10 pm

No idea.

I had to guess on probably 6 or 7 LG questions, mulch/interns screwed me over like everyone else.

LR/RC didn't seem especially difficult. Although the second LR section caused me pause because I was reeling from the LG beating right before. I managed to finish on time and check some of my answers, though. We'll see how it goes.

nycparalegal

Postby nycparalegal » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:15 pm

I was doing so well, until I died on the mulch question (which to me was like old school), didn't even start the last one until 6 mins left and had to guess on three of the last questions. Although, I did find the last game pretty easy compared to the third game.

One of the LR I had a shitload of C and D. I was like this can't be right.

I didn't think RC was that bad.

Overall, if I didn't suck at the LG and just guessed on the Mulch. I think I would stick to my score.

But I tend to get about -4, -4 per LG and -3 per RC so I'm not sure if I want to cancel.

I already have a 164, so I don't want another low score.

iamcutdacheck

Postby iamcutdacheck » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:28 pm

I thought the test was tough, but not too tough, then again I had multiple RC and LR sections :D

I found it funny that as soon as section 5 ended at USC about 1/3 of the test takers walked out the room, guess they cancelled their scores or were taking the test for some other purpose of applying to Law School

karasevda

Postby karasevda » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:41 pm

I am really confused as to how well I performed on the test. Prior to the exam I was hitting 165 to 168 on every test until the last one where I bombed and hit 163. I don't know if this threw me off or if I had too much caffeine but I found myself extremely stressed out during the majority of the test. That said I still finished every section, and I thought I did relatively well on the LG.

I can't tell if I am just psyching myself out or not, how well did you all feel?

d34d9823

Postby d34d9823 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:43 pm

Yeah no clue. I went -0 on LG, but I could be anywhere from 172-180.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”