Curve Predictions Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What do you think the curve will be?

3%
1%
7%
20%
28%
21%
10%
5%
-15+
4%

Total votes: 202

simpson89

New

Re: Curve Predictions

Post by simpson89 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:46 pm

DamnLSAT wrote:I thought the mulch game was super easy... either 5 or 6 questions on mulch (I know that's not much help)

I had RC-LR-LG-LR-RC and I thought the first RC was brutal, or perhaps I wasn't in the groove yet, because I heard the 5 minute warning after just finishing passage 3. From there, I was just pretty pissed off and rocked the rest of the exam and was PLEASANTLY surprised to find a RC in section 5 thus negating the bomb that exploded in the first.

Couldn't figure out the intern game on the final 3 questions. On all 3, I would have two viable answers - Anyone else?

LRs were easier than recent PTs.

My row had 10 test takers on it, and after the break there were 6. Guy next to me misbubbled on section 2 and didn't realize it until the buzzer. I suppose the other three simply gave up. :?
I had the same test as you. I completely rocked the first RC section and was praying it was real, the second one I didn't quite care for as much. On top of that, the second meant that LG were real which I was really hoping against.

pjo

Silver

Post by pjo » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:13 pm

alanrickman wrote:The Luis Valdez RC was quite difficult. I noticed that I had like 7:40 or so left to tackle the last RC (which, thankfully, was a lot easier than the Valdez one), when, usually, I'm at 13-14 minutes.

I usually finish LG with 10-15 minutes left and that last Game (the intern game) was pretty difficult at first so I was somewhat surprised that I had 2 minutes remaining in the section when I was finished.

As for LR: I felt like both sections didn't display the usual ramping up of difficulty that you notice...instead, there seemed to be random challenging ones throughout (like the identical twins one and a few horrible parallel reasoning questions).

Bottom line: I found myself in time problems on almost every section of the test when I usually finish with a comfortable amount of time to spare and go back and check more challenging questions...
holy crap man!!! :shock: that's the fastest I've ever heard someone finishing a LG section. That's averaging 5min/game for every game on the section. The fastest I ever did a game was 4:50 and it was a 5 question game. That's crazy man (awesome tho).

mst

Silver

Post by mst » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:21 pm

Yeah, that's pretty unbelievable, but not impossible. Usually for me when I can infrequently get through the first three games at avg of 6 a min I know the 4th one is going to be a hybrid monster. PrepTesting can really have its advantages.

BigA

Bronze

Post by BigA » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:23 pm

snowfight wrote:LG was fine - but that's always my easiest section. However it did certainly take me the whole time, and I'm usually twiddling my thumbs for the last few min of it/recovering for the next sections.
RC was a killer for me though - I didn't even look at one of the passages but instead chose my answer choice of the day for all questions.
LR - about average.
RC was really time consuming, and I'm surprised everyone doesn't think so. This happened to me too. It's only happened to me a couple times since my earliest tests, including PT 59 though. Swore it wouldn't happen on test day. I don't know what's happened to me with RC. It seems the more I do, the stupider I get.

adonai

Silver

Post by adonai » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:06 pm

The curve is usually a lot better than TLSers predict. I remember the consensus on Sep 09 and June 09 were around the -7 to -8 range. Both ended up -11. You guys are way too hard on yourselves. That being said, I predict -14. This test was a lot harder than BOTH of those.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:12 am

BigA wrote:
snowfight wrote:LG was fine - but that's always my easiest section. However it did certainly take me the whole time, and I'm usually twiddling my thumbs for the last few min of it/recovering for the next sections.
RC was a killer for me though - I didn't even look at one of the passages but instead chose my answer choice of the day for all questions.
LR - about average.
RC was really time consuming, and I'm surprised everyone doesn't think so. This happened to me too. It's only happened to me a couple times since my earliest tests, including PT 59 though. Swore it wouldn't happen on test day. I don't know what's happened to me with RC. It seems the more I do, the stupider I get.
Same, RC was very time consuming for me. I finished the 2nd passage with a couple of minutes to spare, moved on to the 3rd passage which sucked up all my time, and then moved on to the 4th passage at the proper pacing point, and had to rush to finish, and had to pick the best option without conclusively ruling others out or that my answer was correct.

mst

Silver

Post by mst » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:40 am

I really don't think it will be near -14, and I don't think we're being hard on ourselves. I finished that test and I had the exact same feeling as I did on every prep test with a -10 curve, and my testing conditions were pretty close to my practice conditions. Straightforward LG's w/ one tough one that was extremely similar to other tough ones we've seen. LR's maybe a little harder than usual but not by much. RC's a bit easier than usual but not by much. Standard mix. Standard difficulty. Only difference in curve will probably be from unique wording of certain questions that might have made small groups of people act differently than they have in the past with those same types of setups. I don't see this being a -14 curve, or even -13. And I'm am willing to put money on that if you can find a legal way to do so.

adonai

Silver

Post by adonai » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:31 pm

I guess you did really well then, and I hope you did, cause this here test is going to be a -14.

DamnLSAT

Bronze

Post by DamnLSAT » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:16 pm

simpson89 wrote:
DamnLSAT wrote:I thought the mulch game was super easy... either 5 or 6 questions on mulch (I know that's not much help)

I had RC-LR-LG-LR-RC and I thought the first RC was brutal, or perhaps I wasn't in the groove yet, because I heard the 5 minute warning after just finishing passage 3. From there, I was just pretty pissed off and rocked the rest of the exam and was PLEASANTLY surprised to find a RC in section 5 thus negating the bomb that exploded in the first.

Couldn't figure out the intern game on the final 3 questions. On all 3, I would have two viable answers - Anyone else?

LRs were easier than recent PTs.

My row had 10 test takers on it, and after the break there were 6. Guy next to me misbubbled on section 2 and didn't realize it until the buzzer. I suppose the other three simply gave up. :?
I had the same test as you. I completely rocked the first RC section and was praying it was real, the second one I didn't quite care for as much. On top of that, the second meant that LG were real which I was really hoping against.

I had a real problem getting going early in the test. I had warmed up in the car too - reading a RC passage, answering a few LR, and diagramming a game. But when that first section hit, it came so quickly that I forgot to start my watch and was behind the entire way. I was SUPER excited to find that first RC was not only experimental... it was a warm up lap too.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

powerlurker

New

Post by powerlurker » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:47 pm

Anybody here who aced the mulch game willing to field a PM from me about it?

Oddly I aced interns, but I'm not 100% solid about mulch which I did last and rushed/ran out of time.

As for the curve, I voted -11... the LR on this test felt much easier/less weird than Dec 09's

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”