Curve Predictions Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What do you think the curve will be?

3%
1%
7%
20%
28%
21%
10%
5%
-15+
4%

Total votes: 202

IBThatGuy

New

Re: Curve Predictions

Post by IBThatGuy » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:26 am

LSAT Blog wrote: (There were 101 questions on this exam.)
Fine, if you want to do your math that way (translation: Hadn't looked at that). Again, thanks for putting that together.

BigA

Bronze

Post by BigA » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:27 pm

This is kinda disheartening to see. I was banking on a curve similar to PT 59, to bring my score somewhat out of the toilet :roll:

TOMaHULK

Silver

Post by TOMaHULK » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:40 pm

LOL at the votes for 15+.

It would be real nice though.

FuManChusco

Silver

Post by FuManChusco » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:42 pm

TOMaHULK wrote:LOL at the votes for 15+.

It would be real nice though.
Can you imagine if there was a -16, haha. I remember those from old ass PTs. Always got like 177s. Damn that felt good.

IBThatGuy

New

Post by IBThatGuy » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:44 pm

BigA wrote:This is kinda disheartening to see. I was banking on a curve similar to PT 59, to bring my score somewhat out of the toilet :roll:
Could happen - or at least close.

Remember, the members of this forum are neither representative of the average test-taker nor authorities. Everything people report here should probably be viewed as slightly subjective speculation about how this test was compared to some number of PT's. We won't know for sure for three weeks (and, even then, it sounds like quite a few will never know at all what we would have scored).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LSAT Blog

Silver

Post by LSAT Blog » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:38 pm

IBThatGuy wrote:
LSAT Blog wrote: (There were 101 questions on this exam.)
Fine, if you want to do your math that way (translation: Hadn't looked at that). Again, thanks for putting that together.
Haha, it's all good. Glad you found it helpful.

FuManChusco

Silver

Post by FuManChusco » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:50 pm

I was thinking that all the old PTs with hard LGs often had curves ranging from -12 to -14. Then I thought about PT57 and the Dinos. I keep going back and forth on whether this is going to be a standard -10 or something more like a -12. I'm just going to leave this thread and wait until the 28th.

starstruck393

Silver

Post by starstruck393 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:10 pm

IBThatGuy wrote:I thought this one was tough as heck. The toughest PT I've done was 56, which has a -11 curve. I don't think I have any with a lower raw score for 170. Can anyone point me to one with a lower 170?

Edit: i.e., higher curve (missing more than 11, since I didn't know the terminology before reading this post myself)
I'm pretty sure Dec 09 had a -14 curve. It could happen, but I thought someone said that June typically has the roughest curve.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:40 am

Thought it was -12 but when I realized it was 100 questions i'm guessing we're going to be getting a -11.

Just don't give us a -10 :| .

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

queenlizzie13

Silver

Post by queenlizzie13 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:57 am

To be honest the LR (in my opinion) was too forgiving to have as much of a curve as Dec 2009. Nevertheless, the RC was quite difficult, which will give a more favorable curve then in the past (when -10 was the norm for a 170) and the LG were doable if you read the rule right (I did not but I caught my mistake, did the mulch game and then went back to the fourth to fix it)

I still did not think I aced the section though. I am pretty sure I missed at least one question on the fourth game and caught it, but time was called so I couldn't go and fix it.

d34d9823

Gold

Post by d34d9823 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:23 am

Knockglock wrote:Thought it was -12 but when I realized it was 100 questions i'm guessing we're going to be getting a -11.

Just don't give us a -10 :| .
Honestly, I think -10 is more likely than -11. The LR and RC were just too easy to compensate for the hard LG. Maybe if a ton of people got crushed on interns they'll adjust the equating slightly? LSAC is a black box at this point.

lee4

New

Post by lee4 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:54 am

3|ink wrote:
honestabe84 wrote:Does anyone know how many questions were in the third and fourth game?
Fourth game had 6 questions. I know because I took the time to count exactly how many questions I guessed.

Both LRs were manageable, but one was slightly harder than the other. RC was okay, but I'm sure I missed a few. I was upset when I saw the real RC because I knew that meant the other was experimental (and I destroyed the exp. RC). I probably missed 3-4 RC. Sigh...

ha! same here, when i saw the second RC section in my test i was pissed because i KILLED the exp.section. plus, TWO RC's really burns me out. LR and LG i can do all day, but the density of two RC sections gets to me.

380yarddrives

New

Post by 380yarddrives » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:09 pm

honestabe84 wrote:
There must have been some special way to attack the mulch game, but I sure as hell didn't get it.
I'm surprised to hear that so many people thought the much game was tough. I had a hell of a time on the interns, but thought mulch was a breeze. Anyone remember how many questions "mulch" had connected with it?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

DamnLSAT

Bronze

Post by DamnLSAT » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:31 pm

I thought the mulch game was super easy... either 5 or 6 questions on mulch (I know that's not much help)

I had RC-LR-LG-LR-RC and I thought the first RC was brutal, or perhaps I wasn't in the groove yet, because I heard the 5 minute warning after just finishing passage 3. From there, I was just pretty pissed off and rocked the rest of the exam and was PLEASANTLY surprised to find a RC in section 5 thus negating the bomb that exploded in the first.

Couldn't figure out the intern game on the final 3 questions. On all 3, I would have two viable answers - Anyone else?

LRs were easier than recent PTs.

My row had 10 test takers on it, and after the break there were 6. Guy next to me misbubbled on section 2 and didn't realize it until the buzzer. I suppose the other three simply gave up. :?

jbill

New

Post by jbill » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:37 pm

DamnLSAT wrote:I thought the mulch game was super easy... either 5 or 6 questions on mulch (I know that's not much help)

I had RC-LR-LG-LR-RC and I thought the first RC was brutal, or perhaps I wasn't in the groove yet, because I heard the 5 minute warning after just finishing passage 3. From there, I was just pretty pissed off and rocked the rest of the exam and was PLEASANTLY surprised to find a RC in section 5 thus negating the bomb that exploded in the first.

Couldn't figure out the intern game on the final 3 questions. On all 3, I would have two viable answers - Anyone else?

My row had 10 test takers on it, and after the break there were 6. Guy next to me misbubbled on section 2 and didn't realize it until the buzzer. I suppose the other three simply gave up. :?
With respect to the intern game and the final 3 questions: yes, but a key inference ruled out the other viable answers. I think this inference was the key to the entire game.

imnion

New

Post by imnion » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:30 pm

DamnLSAT wrote:I thought the mulch game was super easy... either 5 or 6 questions on mulch (I know that's not much help)

How do that many people disappear? Do people ever get pulled from the test for cheating? Or do people just give up halfway? I started with 34 in my room and ended with 34 in my room.

Dr. Strangelove

Silver

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:52 pm

The second LR section was actually kind of hard...
I'm betting a -11 or -12.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:51 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:The second LR section was actually kind of hard...
Agreed. Though I hate LR and always think its tough even when I go -2/3, which is good for me. I don't know. I had a hard time making predictions and had to use answer choices to sway myself more than I'd like. We shall see though. I'm thinking -11/12. That may be wishful thinking.

FuManChusco

Silver

Post by FuManChusco » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:54 pm

alicrimson wrote:
Agreed. Though I hate LR and always think its tough even when I go -2/3, which is good for me. I don't know. I had a hard time making predictions and had to use answer choices to sway myself more than I'd like. We shall see though. I'm thinking -11/12. That may be wishful thinking.
-12 is wishful thinking with 100 questions. -11 is reasonable. I wonder if this LG complaint department is actually going to have an affect on the curve... doubtful.

TOMaHULK

Silver

Post by TOMaHULK » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:25 pm

FuManChusco wrote:
alicrimson wrote:
-12 is wishful thinking with 100 questions. -11 is reasonable. I wonder if this LG complaint department is actually going to have an affect on the curve... doubtful.
Well, will we only know the curve once our scores come out? Or...do they say "the curve on the June LSAT is xxx" and then later you get your scores? I'm assuming we just wait, but figured I''d ask.

FuManChusco

Silver

Post by FuManChusco » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:33 pm

TOMaHULK wrote:Well, will we only know the curve once our scores come out? Or...do they say "the curve on the June LSAT is xxx" and then later you get your scores? I'm assuming we just wait, but figured I''d ask.
You have to wait. Test scores usually come out a few days before the estimated date though. I need to get off of TLS after today.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Dr. Strangelove

Silver

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:43 am

FuManChusco wrote:
alicrimson wrote:
Good point, forgot about that. Leaning more towards -11.

alicrimson: I hate LR too. I already know I did well on the LG & RC sections (the ones everyone found so hard) and almost every question I know I got wrong was in LR (the ones people are boasting about how easy they were). On the other hand, I might have done better on LR than usual.. we'll see when the score comes out.

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:45 am

I think 10 or so. The test was easy, but games prolly messed enough people up to warrant at least a ten.

balzern

Bronze

Post by balzern » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:20 am

I know Dec 09 was a -14...Got one of my best scores on that test, thought this test was way harder...maybe it is just me though.

snowfight

New

Post by snowfight » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:07 pm

LG was fine - but that's always my easiest section. However it did certainly take me the whole time, and I'm usually twiddling my thumbs for the last few min of it/recovering for the next sections.
RC was a killer for me though - I didn't even look at one of the passages but instead chose my answer choice of the day for all questions.
LR - about average.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”