June 2010 CURVE Predictions Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
kanch

New

Re: June 2010 CURVE Predictions

Post by kanch » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:21 pm

Does anyone have the data to compare curves for tests with 100 questions vs. 101?

December was 101, June was only 100.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:24 pm

theZeigs wrote:
notreallyalawyer wrote:
KantStopTheRock wrote:
notreallyalawyer wrote:well said and thank you. too many people on here think they're on law and order.
You're out of line. The curve will be -11.
truth hurts. -9
A -9 (or less) curve has only happened 6 times since the modern LSAT was started: SPA, 12, 15, 48 (-8 curve), Free June '07 (-8 curve), 55. I don't think that the test was necessarily "easy" enough to warrant this curve, but my judgment is definitely clouded by adrenaline and emotion. It is interesting to note that a few early tests had a harsh curve, then a huge break, than a bunch of recent tests (3/3 split). It wouldn't be surprising to see a -9 curve. I am going to check the curve before my score (see this thread: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=120718 ), so if I see -8 or -9, I can go into the score check with low hopes (and hopefully be pleasantly surprised).

BTW, who the eff said it got easier to wait for your score after 10 days, what a load of crap.
+1. There was like 1 day in the middle when it was about halfway that wasn't too bad, but now that we're getting closer it's slowly getting more intense and surreal.

Albatross

Bronze

Post by Albatross » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:33 pm

I mentioned something about how I thought I'd forget about it after a few days. For the most part it's true. I guess I just don't see any purpose in worrying about something I can't control.

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:53 pm

Yeah, I don't really think about the LSAT anymore except when I'm on these forums. I know it's coming, but not any point in worrying about it (although I have had a couple of LSAT-related dreams) and it usually stays out of my mind.

Come Wednesday, though, I think everything will be about 10x as bad: too soon for the scores to be released, but you know they're looming in the shadows and are going to jump out at any moment.

nematoad

Bronze

Post by nematoad » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:10 pm

Bildungsroman wrote: Come Wednesday, though, I think everything will be about 10x as bad: too soon for the scores to be released, but you know they're looming in the shadows and are going to jump out at any moment.
reading this just made my butthole perk up. oh the misery of 'the wait'.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:11 pm

nematoad wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote: Come Wednesday, though, I think everything will be about 10x as bad: too soon for the scores to be released, but you know they're looming in the shadows and are going to jump out at any moment.
reading this just made my butthole perk up. oh the misery of 'the wait'.
:cry:

TOMaHULK

Silver

Post by TOMaHULK » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:34 am

I'm just waiting for the scores to come out so I can finally shave this LSAT supersitious prep/test beard. :roll:

It itches... :cry:

adonai

Silver

Post by adonai » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 am

Pablo Ramirez

Bronze

Post by Pablo Ramirez » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:07 am

It felt like a -8 or so. Don't get your hopes up.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

adonai

Silver

Post by adonai » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:10 am

Pablo Ramirez wrote:It felt like a -8 or so. Don't get your hopes up.

LogicalBaozi

New

Post by LogicalBaozi » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:31 pm

Coming from one who misinterpreted that oh-so-key word, I'm hoping for a more lenient curve. The worst part was going home, realizing the mistake, and solving the game in about 3 minutes. I almost cried. If I missed 3/6 on that game, the best I could hope for is mid-170s realistically, despite getting near perfect scores in almost all the diagnostics I took ><. So, let's hope for a forgiving curve, shall we?

Please?

Pretty please?

I'll bear your children if you give me good curve!

BigA

Bronze

Post by BigA » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:43 am

LogicalBaozi wrote:Coming from one who misinterpreted that oh-so-key word, I'm hoping for a more lenient curve. The worst part was going home, realizing the mistake, and solving the game in about 3 minutes. I almost cried. If I missed 3/6 on that game, the best I could hope for is mid-170s realistically, despite getting near perfect scores in almost all the diagnostics I took ><. So, let's hope for a forgiving curve, shall we?

Please?

Pretty please?

:roll:

Is this flame or what?

TOMaHULK

Silver

Post by TOMaHULK » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:38 am

BigA wrote:
LogicalBaozi wrote:Coming from one who misinterpreted that oh-so-key word, I'm hoping for a more lenient curve. The worst part was going home, realizing the mistake, and solving the game in about 3 minutes. I almost cried. If I missed 3/6 on that game, the best I could hope for is mid-170s realistically, despite getting near perfect scores in almost all the diagnostics I took ><. So, let's hope for a forgiving curve, shall we?

Please?

Pretty please?

Is this flame or what?
I don't know...but once scores come out it's real easy to copy/paste your email with score and block out personal information. It'll be interesting to see how many people actually score 170+, and can back up the strong percentage of people on here that claim it. :wink:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

LogicalBaozi

New

Post by LogicalBaozi » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:00 pm

TOMaHULK wrote:
BigA wrote:

Please?

Pretty please?

Is this flame or what?
I don't know...but once scores come out it's real easy to copy/paste your email with score and block out personal information. It'll be interesting to see how many people actually score 170+, and can back up the strong percentage of people on here that claim it. :wink:
It's called jinxing oneself. Watch as I retake in October after crying myself to sleep all summer, after being the first person in LSAT history to score a perfect 120.

It can be done!

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:32 pm

LogicalBaozi wrote:
TOMaHULK wrote:
BigA wrote:

Please?

Pretty please?

Is this flame or what?
It's called jinxing oneself. Watch as I retake in October after crying myself to sleep all summer, after being the first person in LSAT history to score a perfect 120.

It can be done!
This gets me to thinking...do you think a 120 has ever been scored? I would think this meager feat is more difficult than a 180. lolz.

ze2151

Bronze

Post by ze2151 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:38 pm

if my experience is any indication, the curve is never as forgiving as the optimists think and never as harsh as the pessimists think. the range i'm seeing here is anything from -14 to -8. split the difference at -11. that's basically what it always is. bank on -11 and take your lumps.

LogicalBaozi

New

Post by LogicalBaozi » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:09 pm

alicrimson wrote: This gets me to thinking...do you think a 120 has ever been scored? I would think this meager feat is more difficult than a 180. lolz.
If you're trying, it should be easier. Given how obvious some wrong answers are (even on difficult questions), intentionally choosing the wrong answers should be easier to choose than the credited answer choices.

If you guess randomly, you'll be all but statistically guaranteed to get above a 120. But for a dedicated student, a perfect 120 is never out of reach!

Especially if you just leave the whole test blank.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Albatross

Bronze

Post by Albatross » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:15 pm

LogicalBaozi wrote:
alicrimson wrote: This gets me to thinking...do you think a 120 has ever been scored? I would think this meager feat is more difficult than a 180. lolz.
If you're trying, it should be easier. Given how obvious some wrong answers are (even on difficult questions), intentionally choosing the wrong answers should be easier to choose than the credited answer choices.

If you guess randomly, you'll be all but statistically guaranteed to get above a 120. But for a dedicated student, a perfect 120 is never out of reach!

Actually it looks like for most tests you can still get 15 or 16 correct answers and score a 120. Unless I'm looking at the conversion table incorrectly.

d34d9823

Gold

Post by d34d9823 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:18 pm

kesexton wrote:
LogicalBaozi wrote:

Actually it looks like for most tests you can still get 15 or 16 correct answers and score a 120. Unless I'm looking at the conversion table incorrectly.
No, that's correct. Because of the extremely low probabilities of getting very low scores (random guessing averages a 20/100), the 99.95 percentile is at ~15/100

Hey-O

Silver

Post by Hey-O » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:20 pm

LogicalBaozi wrote:

Would they give a score for a completely blank test? I mean what would be the point?

a11 1n

Bronze

Post by a11 1n » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:46 pm

Hey-O wrote:
LogicalBaozi wrote:

Would they give a score for a completely blank test? I mean what would be the point?
You paid for it, its their job to score it.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BigA

Bronze

Post by BigA » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:53 am

I was thinking that the scores in the 120s are from people who left midway through the test for whatever reason. Don't you think that has to be it?

TOMaHULK

Silver

Post by TOMaHULK » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:48 am

kesexton wrote:I mentioned something about how I thought I'd forget about it after a few days. For the most part it's true. I guess I just don't see any purpose in worrying about something I can't control.
Sorry, but if that was true, you wouldn't be posting on TLS everyday. :o

I don't know what you're worrying about anyways. From your posts it looks like you're looking at atleast a 170+, right? You're good man. I'm the one that should be worrying.

There's a lot of smart people on this site. Makes average intelligence people feel below average. BRB-gonna try to assembly M&Ms in alpha order... :roll:

artichoke

Silver

Post by artichoke » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:51 am

3|ink wrote:
a11 1n wrote:So does anyone think another -14 is remotely possible?

I killed that effin December exam with its -14 curve and I struggled mightily with this one. I panicked hardcore on the LG though...probably my fault for not keeping my cool.
No way dude. December was way harder (last time they had -14). Take a look at December's RC and you'll see a significant difference in difficulty. The only challenge in this test was the last LG. In hindsight, the big deduction was painfully obvious. I have a feeling that more people got it than did not. We're only seeing more complaints about it because people who got it aren't likely to mention it.

However, difficulty is relative. That RC and LR were manageable.
Agree x10

balzern

Bronze

Post by balzern » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:53 am

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”