June 2010 CURVE Predictions Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
a11 1n

Bronze

Re: June 2010 CURVE Predictions

Post by a11 1n » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:17 am

3|ink wrote:
a11 1n wrote:So does anyone think another -14 is remotely possible?

I killed that effin December exam with its -14 curve and I struggled mightily with this one. I panicked hardcore on the LG though...probably my fault for not keeping my cool.
No way dude. December was way harder (last time they had -14). Take a look at December's RC and you'll see a significant difference in difficulty. The only challenge in this test was the last LG. In hindsight, the big deduction was painfully obvious. I have a feeling that more people got it than did not. We're only seeing more complaints about it because people who got it aren't likely to mention it.

However, difficulty is relative. That RC and LR were manageable.
I would argue that RC was easier on this exam compared to the December exam but the LG was more difficult. LR was a wash. Both had 1 easy and 1 moderate section imo.

I'm thinking -11 for 100 questions. Again, if you can facilitate a -14, you can have one of my kidneys.

leutbneot

New

Post by leutbneot » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:29 am

I'm surprised by the amount of vitriol I've seen directed at the Mulch game (which initially struck me as on the easy side - I only saw four ways to set it up, which would have made it pretty doable, but is now really starting to scare me because all you guys are saying it was really hard), which means one of two things: I got really lucky and inferred the correct thing right off the bat, or my inference was completely incorrect and the score I thought I was headed for just took a nosedive.

Anyway, moving on, my thoughts: tough LG section (question #4 brought the overall level of the section up substantially... that one was rough), I though RC wasn't too bad, even with the comparative passages, which I had only seen once before from the free demo question on LSAC.org. None of my test books had any RC preps with the two-paper setup, I guess that's a relatively new thing also. Still, not too bad. Logical Reasoning is what it is. Bleh. Lots of questions. Not hard. Try not to let your brain go out of focus and you'll do fine. I had one LR section that was substantially more difficult, but I'm hoping it's just the experimental and I don't get graded on it (crosses fingers). I don't have a prediction on a curve or anything. Not enough info on how they're scored, whether the amount of kids taking it has any relation to the curve, etc. That would be interesting info to find out, though. If anyone has a link to a site that explains how LSAC grades this thing, I'd be happy to read it.

Personal opinion on the test as a whole: difficult test overall, not helped by our glacially-moving, disinterested, understaffed proctor team, who looked like you would need a taser and some high-grade amphetamines to get them moving at even normal human levels, and let's not forget our star: the barely-literate mic person! On that, <rant> - Seriously, LSAC?? English was obviously not her first language! Soooooo ... paiiiiinnnfully.... sllloooww in her reading, and every third word was a pronunciation correction. JUST GO, LADY! WE GOT PLACES TO GO AND PEOPLE TO SEE! I got home and called one of my friends who had taken the LSAT at Southwestern (in 15-person classrooms) who said that he was in and out in less than four hours. We were there for over 6 today. That's just bad time management on their part, although they couldn't really be blamed for the women's toilet situation at halftime, I suppose - that was another 20-25 extra minutes right there. </rant>

You know what they say about public restrooms, though...
Shit happens!
(drumroll.....)

So this is what I've been reduced to in studying for this test. Sigh. That one could have been worse, though.
Also, this is my first post here (Hi!), so if any this goes beyond the (somewhat cryptically explained) amount we're allowed to talk about the test, mods feel free to edit/move/delete as you see fit. I'm not trying to break any rules or divulge anything about the test. Just offering my overall feelings about it.

Good luck everyone. Try to enjoy the next few blissful weeks before reality comes crashing back in.

-l

risktaker

Silver

Post by risktaker » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:47 pm

So these curves are pre-determined before ppl take the test, correct? Let me know if this is right. I am unclear if the curve is based on performance or pre-determined.

whatjusthappened

New

Post by whatjusthappened » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:51 pm

With all the trouble people had with the games, I think it will be -13.

Jrugg88

New

Post by Jrugg88 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:56 pm

LG was only hard if you misinterpreted the word and/or didn't make the big inference, right?

If you interpreted the word properly and made the big inference then it was incredibly easy, no???

I'm hoping I'm not missing something....

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Sammi

Bronze

Post by Sammi » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:58 pm

Well... if people say this is easier than December... I got a 165 on that one... so :D I'm ok with that!

traydeuce

Silver

Post by traydeuce » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:02 pm

I just want to warn you guys, having sat through two LSATs, that the post-game predictions about the curve are always wrong. In particular, they're always really optimistic. People who did really well aren't running to an online forum to say how easy they found it (except for the occasional jerk like me), everyone therefore decides things were unusually tough, everyone predicts a great curve.

LSAT Blog

Silver

Post by LSAT Blog » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:06 pm

2014 wrote:To whoever looked up the trend for June tests since 02, what is the trend usually for the Sept/Oct test? Is the curve on it usually more or less favorable than June?
Slightly less generous than June. Check out this chart I posted: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 1#p3053276

risktaker wrote:So these curves are pre-determined before ppl take the test, correct? Let me know if this is right. I am unclear if the curve is based on performance or pre-determined.
They're pre-determined, but they can be modified based on Test Day performance.

truffleshuffle

New

Post by truffleshuffle » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:14 pm

Jrugg88 wrote:LG was only hard if you misinterpreted the word and/or didn't make the big inference, right?

If you interpreted the word properly and made the big inference then it was incredibly easy, no???

I'm hoping I'm not missing something....
This is my take on it. I didn't really have trouble with any of them, the mulch one threw me off a little but it was manageable.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

whuts4lunch

Bronze

Post by whuts4lunch » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:17 pm

-10 :cry:

bedefan

Bronze

Post by bedefan » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:40 pm

The more I think about it, the more I think -10.

On PT 59, -1 on LG was the only question I missed (transcription error... And yes I rigorously timed it, I even had nerves, prob. b/c it was the last PT I took before the big day yesterday). The LR and especially the RC on 59 were waaaay harder than what I saw on the June 2010 test yesterday. I'd even say that RC on the test yesterday seemed easier than average--only one question struck me as somewhat difficult.

At first I was thinking, well, even so, this could be a -11 (or even -12!) because of the difficulty of the LG. But then I reproduced the setup of that intern question in my notebook here (didn't have the heart to do it last night. I was, uhh, busy. At a bar.), and then I slapped myself. What seems like an insanely obvious inference is sitting here in my notebook staring me in the face. Curses!

So, I don't know what happened. I froze up or something... But that was an inference I would've seen in any of my PT's. Alas. I don't think I'm going to cancel though. Just don't want to put myself through this again.

Albatross

Bronze

Post by Albatross » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:46 pm

traydeuce wrote:I just want to warn you guys, having sat through two LSATs, that the post-game predictions about the curve are always wrong. In particular, they're always really optimistic. People who did really well aren't running to an online forum to say how easy they found it (except for the occasional jerk like me), everyone therefore decides things were unusually tough, everyone predicts a great curve.
Am I missing something? You did so well that you wanted to take it twice?

suspicious android

Silver

Post by suspicious android » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:55 pm

traydeuce wrote:I just want to warn you guys, having sat through two LSATs, that the post-game predictions about the curve are always wrong. In particular, they're always really optimistic. People who did really well aren't running to an online forum to say how easy they found it (except for the occasional jerk like me), everyone therefore decides things were unusually tough, everyone predicts a great curve.
Virtually no one predicted December would have the most generous curve , it seemed to be most people were saying -10, some hoping for -11. I don't think people should get their hopes up for a -12, but I don't know how optimistic the overall opinion is. Mostly, I'd just say don't take any of this speculation as valid.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:01 pm

a11 1n wrote: I would argue that RC was easier on this exam compared to the December exam
And I'd agree.
a11 1n wrote:but the LG was more difficult.
Harder? Perhaps underrepresented in previous tests would be a better classification.
a11 1n wrote: LR was a wash. Both had 1 easy and 1 moderate section imo.
Agree for the most part, but there are still a few that I believe I guessed on.
a11 1n wrote: I'm thinking -11 for 100 questions. Again, if you can facilitate a -14, you can have one of my kidneys.
I'd give an eye.

upfish

Silver

Post by upfish » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:53 pm

Fark-o-vision wrote:I don't know. The "Real" LG completely murdered me. It didn't seem that hard, but it was an absolute kick to the nads after doing the experimental LG. If LSAC had any heart they would have put the real one first and the experimental after. I blew past that experimental thinking I was easily in for a 175+ only to be absolutely blindsided by the much, much more difficult real section.

Not only was it harder, but it kind of broke my spirit.
This. I was SO sad to find out the second one was the real one. I was easily -0 on the experimental one, and I bombed the second.

TOMaHULK

Silver

Post by TOMaHULK » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:24 pm

Hoping for a -30... :roll:

FuManChusco

Silver

Post by FuManChusco » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:28 pm

I'm guessing -10. -11 or -12 would be nice. -14 would be a miracle.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Merhpe

New

Post by Merhpe » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:29 pm

What number do you think would get a 160?

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:43 pm

I think -10 or -11. My last actual test was Sept 09. Games were definatly harder yesterday. RC and LR was easier but I'd like to think that's because I got much better at them. God knows I need -12-14 curve really badly, since like many of you I blanked out on interns and failed to make an oh so obvious inference, but I just don't think that the rest of the test was that tough.

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:47 pm

Ragged wrote:I think -10 or -11. My last actual test was Sept 09. Games were definatly harder yesterday. RC and LR was easier but I'd like to think that's because I got much better at them. God knows I need -12-14 curve really badly, since like many of you I blanked out on interns and failed to make an oh so obvious inference, but I just don't think that the rest of the test was that tough.
All aboard the 4th LG boat.

wrichcirw

New

Post by wrichcirw » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:48 pm

James Bond wrote:-12

That LG was brutal
Yup.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:57 pm

3|ink wrote:
All aboard the 4th LG boat.

literally LOL

Hey-O

Silver

Post by Hey-O » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:25 pm

I sat for 59 and this test and I think that this test was much easier. LG was harder, but I think, statistically, that more people are better at LG than RC. (I think this because you can really drill LG but you can't RC). I think that test prep companies are making the test harder.

ahs2123

New

Post by ahs2123 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:50 pm

I agree that we are all probably being too optimistic. I have no idea why December 2009 had such a generous curve. While I didn't do my best, it was not the most difficult pt. Having said that, I think this test was comparable to June and September 2009 and the curve was -11.

mst

Silver

Post by mst » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:11 pm

kesexton wrote:-11 at the very least. LG was ridiculously hard. Ive never seen a game like the last one.
False and false. The day this test is released I will be happy to point out several games that share a similar hybrid structure...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”