Jone 2010 Logic Games

User avatar
Kiersten1985
Posts: 784
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: Jone 2010 Logic Games

Postby Kiersten1985 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:12 pm

cmutone wrote:I knew when I didn't get the first question right out of the gate something was wrong. I average -2/4 on LG, I had a small panic attack here, guessed pretty much the last 5 of the section (ran out of time), and screwed the pooch on the mulch/stone question, not realizing that you had to sweep when you changed substances. If I got a -10 on the section I'd consider myself fortunate. I'm glad i'm not the only one who thought this section was something else

edit: - dec '08 I got -1 on the other day, this section was way harder without and in/out game (which I studied my fucking ass off for!!!). LSAC are in league with satan im certain.


I felt the exact same way. I'll be praying for -10 also...and hope I aced everything else.

User avatar
DaveBear07
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:21 pm

Re: Jone 2010 Logic Games

Postby DaveBear07 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:13 pm

jpSartre,

I misread which of the groups/jobs the variables could or could not belong to... in other words when it said they couldn't be *this*, I thought it meant *this*...thus I misdiagrammed them. When things stopped making sense I realized I had screwed up.

I then went back to the first question, magically had it right, then did the last two. I don't believe I will get the other questions right. I realized I had messed up a few minutes before the 5 minutes warning, but looking back I'm proud that I managed to salvage what I could.

bostonld
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 2:14 pm

Re: Jone 2010 Logic Games

Postby bostonld » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:22 pm

DaveBear07 wrote:jpSartre,

I misread which of the groups/jobs the variables could or could not belong to... in other words when it said they couldn't be *this*, I thought it meant *this*...thus I misdiagrammed them. When things stopped making sense I realized I had screwed up.
.


I did the same thing... I feel like the wording was unnecessarily unclear on that one. Totally screwed me as well :cry:

jerome05
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:23 pm

Re: Jone 2010 Logic Games

Postby jerome05 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:32 pm

im killing myself here tryin to figure out which of the lg's was experimental.... brain is so fried i cant rmeember what was where, but i do remember on one of the the 2 LG sections you had to match 6 ppl with 3 days, am/pm (or something) - was that the real one?? i think in this one someone had to come before 2 ppl

help!

yinzspurs
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:22 pm

Re: Jone 2010 Logic Games

Postby yinzspurs » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:32 pm

Ugh, I wish the experimental games had been the real deal. I flew through those, but the mulch/stones, ugh. Since I started taking practice exams I've been -0 on games, but that was something else. It was reminiscent of some older games, but I still tried thinking about it as it it were a newer game. Wasting time mulching meant that I had less time to figure out where my interns would be working. Oh well, better luck in October. No to decide on canceling.

jerome05
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:23 pm

Re: Jone 2010 Logic Games

Postby jerome05 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

and what was the mulch game like?

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: Jone 2010 Logic Games

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:34 pm

jerome05 wrote:im killing myself here tryin to figure out which of the lg's was experimental.... brain is so fried i cant rmeember what was where, but i do remember on one of the the 2 LG sections you had to match 6 ppl with 3 days, am/pm (or something) - was that the real one?? i think in this one someone had to come before 2 ppl

help!

It was the second one that was real unfortunately..... :evil: . I really did blank out because I couldn't remember a template for it. In hindsight it wasn't that difficult at all.

IncorrectReversal
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:00 pm

Re: Jone 2010 Logic Games

Postby IncorrectReversal » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:35 pm

I already misred a rule earlier in the game section and now i think i really bombed the last game. When they said two people had to be in the same field, can someone explain how they interpreted that?

Thanks

User avatar
Intraining
Posts: 128
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:58 pm

Re: Jone 2010 Logic Games

Postby Intraining » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:37 pm


User avatar
nsideirish
Posts: 416
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:32 am

Re: Jone 2010 Logic Games

Postby nsideirish » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:47 pm

That last logic game about Tuscany/Romania and shit threw me off big time. I completely misread one of the rules and didn't realize it until it was too late. I still think the rule was very poorly written and very easy to be misinterpreted. I thought the first three games were pretty easy. Although, as has been said, the mulch game was old school so it caught me off guard at first.

champ33
Posts: 415
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:34 pm

Re: Jone 2010 Logic Games

Postby champ33 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:48 pm

I completely bombed the games. I was moderately confident on a few answers in 2 of the games, guessed entirely on the other two. This is exaclty what happened in September. Feel like I aced LR and RC, bombed LG. Will just hope that I guessed luckily.

User avatar
DaveBear07
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:21 pm

Re: Jone 2010 Logic Games

Postby DaveBear07 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:48 pm

nsideirish wrote:That last logic game about Tuscany/Romania and shit threw me off big time. I completely misread one of the rules and didn't realize it until it was too late. I still think the rule was very poorly written and very easy to be misinterpreted. I thought the first three games were pretty easy. Although, as has been said, the mulch game was old school so it caught me off guard at first.

jerome05
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:23 pm

Re: Jone 2010 Logic Games

Postby jerome05 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:49 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:
jerome05 wrote:im killing myself here tryin to figure out which of the lg's was experimental.... brain is so fried i cant rmeember what was where, but i do remember on one of the the 2 LG sections you had to match 6 ppl with 3 days, am/pm (or something) - was that the real one?? i think in this one someone had to come before 2 ppl

help!

It was the second one that was real unfortunately..... :evil: . I really did blank out because I couldn't remember a template for it. In hindsight it wasn't that difficult at all.



Wait so the lg mentioned above was part of the experimental section?? btw i just remmebered that one person that had to come before the two people... name began with Q i think...

this test felt like a hard one!

champ33
Posts: 415
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:34 pm

Re: Jone 2010 Logic Games

Postby champ33 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:53 pm

jerome05 wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:
jerome05 wrote:im killing myself here tryin to figure out which of the lg's was experimental.... brain is so fried i cant rmeember what was where, but i do remember on one of the the 2 LG sections you had to match 6 ppl with 3 days, am/pm (or something) - was that the real one?? i think in this one someone had to come before 2 ppl

help!

It was the second one that was real unfortunately..... :evil: . I really did blank out because I couldn't remember a template for it. In hindsight it wasn't that difficult at all.



Wait so the lg mentioned above was part of the experimental section?? btw i just remmebered that one person that had to come before the two people... name began with Q i think...

this test felt like a hard one!


I can't remember the details of the game you're referring to but I do remember it, and I only had one LG section, so that one WAS graded.

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: Jone 2010 Logic Games

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:54 pm

jerome05 wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:
jerome05 wrote:im killing myself here tryin to figure out which of the lg's was experimental.... brain is so fried i cant rmeember what was where, but i do remember on one of the the 2 LG sections you had to match 6 ppl with 3 days, am/pm (or something) - was that the real one?? i think in this one someone had to come before 2 ppl

help!

It was the second one that was real unfortunately..... :evil: . I really did blank out because I couldn't remember a template for it. In hindsight it wasn't that difficult at all.



Wait so the lg mentioned above was part of the experimental section?? btw i just remmebered that one person that had to come before the two people... name began with Q i think...

this test felt like a hard one!

I'm pretty sure. If I remember correctly. Just know that Tuscany and mulches = fail.

victorlong
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 7:33 pm

Re: Jone 2010 Logic Games

Postby victorlong » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:55 pm

LG is pretty easy as usual. I guess I made two errors in the real section at most. My first section is LG too, and experimental. and I finished it less than 30 mins.

shan3278
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:50 pm

Re: Jone 2010 Logic Games

Postby shan3278 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:00 pm

.

User avatar
OklahomasOK
Posts: 394
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: Jone 2010 Logic Games

Postby OklahomasOK » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:01 pm

I took FOREVER on the first two games, so I was scared to see something like Dinos come up, but then I saw the third game and made the huge inference, finished in about three minutes. The final games was TOUGHT though. Hardest games in a long time.

I thought the test was tough, but doable. I can see the curve being similar to PT 59. Bunch of people bailed in my room.

User avatar
Ship87
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 9:53 pm

Re: Jone 2010 Logic Games

Postby Ship87 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:03 pm

I'm a long time lurker but first time poster. I've done over 28 practice tests and LG is always my best section, usually around 0/-1. I had LG LR LG LR LR RC. The first LG was easy and the second was very difficult and I thought it was experimental and I'm pretty devastated to hear it was real. I don't remember if I guessed on the questions but I know I chose some without fully drawing it out to make sure it was correct.

I'm debating cancelling my score and taking it in October.. but it seems that everyone thinks the LG was pretty difficult so the curve might be generous. If I did very well on LR and RC I might be okay but I struggled for time on the last RC passage so I don't know about that.

Overall, this was the worst LG section I've ever done. I think I might have taken it easier thinking it was experimental :(

shan3278
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:50 pm

Re: Jone 2010 Logic Games

Postby shan3278 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:04 pm

.

lsu
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:55 pm

Re: Jone 2010 Logic Games

Postby lsu » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:08 pm

The 4th game on my 1st LG section had items that started with L, J, H, M, etc...one of them was "ghosts" or "ghost" - was that section graded? I had LG LR LG LR RC

User avatar
nsideirish
Posts: 416
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:32 am

Re: Jone 2010 Logic Games

Postby nsideirish » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:11 pm

lsu wrote:The 4th game on my 1st LG section had items that started with L, J, H, M, etc...one of them was "ghosts" or "ghost" - was that section graded? I had LG LR LG LR RC


No. The 4th game on the graded LG section was about writers/photographers in Tuscany/Romania/some place that began with a P

lsu
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:55 pm

Re: Jone 2010 Logic Games

Postby lsu » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:14 pm

*whew* dodged a bullet there.

User avatar
jdstl
Posts: 216
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:48 pm

Re: Jone 2010 Logic Games

Postby jdstl » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:19 pm

I'm shocked to see everyone think the games were hard.

Games are always my weakest section, and I didn't have to guess on any. I didn't come up with the key inference on the final game, but I was able to power through with lots of hypos. I expect a - 2 or -3 on the section from careless mistakes.

User avatar
oxford_don
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:06 am

Re: Jone 2010 Logic Games

Postby oxford_don » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:21 pm

[]
Last edited by oxford_don on Sun May 11, 2014 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bigv, Deardevil, GioChanturia, Greenteachurro, phelpsy and 18 guests