Jone 2010 Logic Games Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
hellojd

Bronze

Re: Jone 2010 Logic Games

Post by hellojd » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:04 am

nsideirish wrote:
RCsucks wrote:Alright so for the lift of me I can't remember the 2nd logic game, not even the topic. Does anyone know the topic of the 2nd logic game?
Credits at the end of a movie. Fairly easy/straightforward game
If I remember right, first two were very straightforward, albeit not necessarily FAST, and second two were quite tricky

RCsucks

New

Post by RCsucks » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:04 am

oh yeah of course, how could I have forgotten. I guess I spent too much time worrying about that 4th game

June09Sucked

New

Post by June09Sucked » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:05 am

jdstl wrote:
lifestooquick wrote:
jdstl wrote:
jdstl wrote:I'm shocked to see everyone think the games were hard.

Games are always my weakest section, and I didn't have to guess on any. I didn't come up with the key inference on the final game, but I was able to power through with lots of hypos. I expect a - 2 or -3 on the section from careless mistakes.
EDIT: I think the trend toward plug and chug games with few master inferences (the kind they loved in earlier tests). most of these games just required epic hypos, my pages were absolutely filled with scratch.
I completely agree with this. I found that trying to make some elegant, all-answering master diagram like you used to be able to just wasn't happening and had a TON of hypos all over. Brute forced my way through a lot of the questions.
Exactly. I actually tend to think this type of question benefits folks (like me) who aren't intuitively good at the games. I'm hard pressed to ever spot tricky inferences, but because of that I'm used to racing through PT's doing mass quantities of hypos.
Please don't take this personally, as the comment is directed to the testmakers, not the test-takers (including smart folks like yourself who have the advantage through their speed with hypos).

But should LSAC really be throwing in Logic Games that give the advantage to those who produce massive numbers of hypos quickly? What relevance does a bunch of plug and play have to law school? I guess you're managing a bunch of info in a small amount of space and being required to do so with speed; and your memory is being tested. Maybe I answered my own question. I just can more clearly see the need to test one's inference-making ability to determine Law School readiness than the ability to reproduce lots of hypos.

I'm aware there was an inference for the last game, seems like some people got it, some 170+ preptesters missed it, etc. Just seems that what jdstl makes sense that mad skillz in hypo-producing would make one just as able to solve the questions as being a master infer-er.

MarkRenton

Bronze

Post by MarkRenton » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:08 am

June09Sucked wrote: But should LSAC really be throwing in Logic Games test one's ability to produce massive numbers of hypos quickly? What relevance does a bunch of plug and play have to law school? I guess you're managing a bunch of info in a small amount of space and being required to do so with speed; and your memory is being tested. Maybe I answered my own question. I just can more clearly see the need to test one's inference-making ability to determine Law School readiness than the ability to reproduce lots of hypos.
I guess part of the skill is to prioritize. Being able to quickly identify which answer choices are definitely wrong (or likely to be wrong) and then to hopefully only have to do two hypos versus all five.

AVBucks4239

Silver

Post by AVBucks4239 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:25 am

June09Sucked wrote:I'm aware there was an inference for the last game, seems like some people got it, some 170+ preptesters missed it, etc. Just seems that what jdstl makes sense that mad skillz in hypo-producing would make one just as able to solve the questions as being a master infer-er.
I didn't get the big inference in the last game, but by plugging through it, I was able to get 4/6 100% certain. The other two tripped me up a bit.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MarkRenton

Bronze

Post by MarkRenton » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:29 am

pintobeanx1

New

Post by pintobeanx1 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:34 am

Ok guys, I'm new here. I took the LSAT today. My question is, How are you all so sure of which section is experimental? I hope it's the one with the mulch although I felt terrible about the last game in that section. But the other LG section I felt even worse on. I'm just wondering how you do you know?

MarkRenton

Bronze

Post by MarkRenton » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:38 am

pintobeanx1 wrote:Ok guys, I'm new here. I took the LSAT today. My question is, How are you all so sure of which section is experimental? I hope it's the one with the mulch although I felt terrible about the last game in that section. But the other LG section I felt even worse on. I'm just wondering how you do you know?
Some people had RC and LR experimental sections. These folks only had one LG section. This one LG section was the one with the mulch. Thus, that one counts.

jrodz80

New

Post by jrodz80 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:42 am

eskimo wrote:
jrodz80 wrote:This is kind of a random question but do they let you write on the test booklet? I find that it helps me a great deal to break down the rules of the game into more understandable parts.
Are you serious?

Yes! I have yet to take the LSAT (October '10). Oh and thanks for nothing!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

pintobeanx1

New

Post by pintobeanx1 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:47 am

MarkRenton wrote:
pintobeanx1 wrote:Ok guys, I'm new here. I took the LSAT today. My question is, How are you all so sure of which section is experimental? I hope it's the one with the mulch although I felt terrible about the last game in that section. But the other LG section I felt even worse on. I'm just wondering how you do you know?
Some people had RC and LR experimental sections. These folks only had one LG section. This one LG section was the one with the mulch. Thus, that one counts.

Thanks for your response- crowdsourcing at its best! And to the other person, yes you can write on the test booklet, but that it your only space for doing scratch work and it's quite small in some cases. Its best to get used to it on practice tests though.

AVBucks4239

Silver

Post by AVBucks4239 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:48 am

I'm going to be nice. Yes, you can write in the test booklet. Not being allowed to do so would put the LSAC in violation of the 8th Amendment.

Jessss22

New

Post by Jessss22 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:16 am

Sammi wrote:I thought these games were considerably easy after the Feb games. That's just me though... seemed relatively straight forward--no grouping or in/out.
i looked at the February games and thought they were an absolute blessing. crazy how different peoples opinions are. it didnt seem like any of the june games were anything but 3 stars and above

shoop

Bronze

Post by shoop » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:13 pm

Jessss22 wrote:
Sammi wrote:I thought these games were considerably easy after the Feb games. That's just me though... seemed relatively straight forward--no grouping or in/out.
i looked at the February games and thought they were an absolute blessing. crazy how different peoples opinions are. it didnt seem like any of the june games were anything but 3 stars and above
Did you take the Feb test? If not, how would you have "looked at" those non-disclosed questions?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:16 pm

Jessss22 wrote:
This. Feb was an easy test I thought and games too. Yesterday's games were more uncomfortable... even the ones that were meant to me easy.

traydeuce

Silver

Post by traydeuce » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:22 pm

I will say that the ability to quickly process tons of hypos actually closely mirrors (a) appellate practice, (b) some civil procedure exams.

The Kid

New

Post by The Kid » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:30 pm

It's interesting that, differently from most of you, the scored LG was better to me (by "better" I mean less bad).

Anyway, I can't remember the 3rd game. What was it about?

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:32 pm

The Kid wrote:It's interesting that, differently from most of you, the scored LG was better to me (by "better" I mean less bad).

Anyway, I can't remember the 3rd game. What was it about?
Mulch/Stones

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”