Figuring out the experimental section

Hey-O

Re: Figuring out the experimental section

Postby Hey-O » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:17 pm

icanhaz2ndchance wrote:For me, I am almost positive otters and magnets were together in the first LR section. Magnets was the very first question and I remember the otter question struck me soon after due to my proximity to the gulf and the current environmental disaster. I had LR AR LR RC LR. The LR sections consisted of 25 26 25 questions, respectively. I am almost positive after reading all of these posts that the second LR section, section 3 overall, was the experimental section. Which is awesome, because I think that was my weakest section.

I think you are right. I had this set up as well. I thought the Second LR (third section) was very tough as well - that is why I thought for sure it was real! But I think it was 26 questions. This makes me feel better. I'm still trying to piece together the test and make sure this was the experimental.

Do you remember any questions from that second LR section. I can't remember I single one. But none of the other experimental LRs that people have listed ring a bell with me.

BigA

Postby BigA » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:47 pm

I didn't read all 8 pages here, but I'm pleased to see a couple people talking about otters here. Have we determined that was the experimental section or not? I suspected that was, because I couldn't figure out the question type. I only know that I stared at that question for at least a couple minutes and it was only number 6. However, I went through most of the questions after that pretty quickly and confidently. So I'm hoping that wasn't experimental.

justinmcl

Postby justinmcl » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:48 pm

Definitely agree, I had the 3 LR's in order of 25 26 25, and the one with 26 was harder than the rest.

icanhaz2ndchance

Postby icanhaz2ndchance » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:49 pm

BigA wrote:I didn't read all 8 pages here, but I'm pleased to see a couple people talking about otters here. Have we determined that was the experimental section or not? I suspected that was, because I couldn't figure out the question type. I only know that I stared at that question for at least a couple minutes and it was only number 6. However, I went through most of the questions after that pretty quickly and confidently. So I'm hoping that wasn't experimental.

We think that the section with the otter question *was not* the experimental one.

doppelganger

Postby doppelganger » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:56 pm

:? :? :?
Last edited by doppelganger on Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

malfurion

Postby malfurion » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:57 pm

doppelganger wrote:Did anyone with only two LRs have the heavy D & Es section?

Yes

lwj211

Postby lwj211 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:03 pm

Sammi wrote:Does anyone remember questions? I am drawing a blank, but maybe if we can start remembering topics it will help?

Oh! What about the question with all the answers being about gorillas, apes, horses, etc?

Parallel reasoning I think it was...

The LR section with the otters (the answer choices themselves were questions) - was it experimental? :shock:

malfurion

Postby malfurion » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:03 pm

lwj211 wrote:

The LR section with the otters (the answer choices themselves were questions) - was it experimental? :shock:

No.

lwj211

Postby lwj211 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:04 pm

icanhaz2ndchance wrote:
BigA wrote:I didn't read all 8 pages here, but I'm pleased to see a couple people talking about otters here. Have we determined that was the experimental section or not? I suspected that was, because I couldn't figure out the question type. I only know that I stared at that question for at least a couple minutes and it was only number 6. However, I went through most of the questions after that pretty quickly and confidently. So I'm hoping that wasn't experimental.

We think that the section with the otter question *was not* the experimental one.

Ugh! :shock:

Hey-O

Postby Hey-O » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:05 pm

doppelganger wrote:Did anyone with only two LRs have the heavy D & Es section? I wish four Cs wasn't real :@ Its hard for me to place sections by questions. I remember the questions, but I don't know when I saw them throughout the test. I had 3 LRs with the first being very d8e, the second being mixed, and the third being the evil four c wherein i was braindead.

so can someone w/only two lrs confirm/deny the d&e question?

I can confirm that D&E was not experimental.

Saltqjibo

Postby Saltqjibo » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

I pieced this together yesterday but never posted an update:
I made a mistake in the first post putting the otter and magnet question in diff sections:
as far as I know there were two 3 LR tests

LR-25 (magnets/ otter)
LG-23
LR-26 (horses, apes etc/ state legislature/amino acids) *exp
RC-27
LR-25 (crazy answer pattern - black holes/underground rock bands)

and

LR-25 (magnets/ otter)
LG-23
LR-25 (guitar string physics teacher/bus driver traffic violations?) *exp
RC-27
Last edited by Saltqjibo on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TOMaHULK

Postby TOMaHULK » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:11 pm

After much discussion, I'm going to have to agree with the majority.

I too had : LR LG LR RC LR, and I'm almost completely sure that the 3rd section (2nd LR) is the experimental. Yes it had 26 questions in it.

The only thing I'm on the fence about is people mentioning acid rain or something and the earth's creation. I really don't remember this question at all...

I'm going with section 3 as the experimental. Some people suggest that we could have had the same experimental/only in a different order or different questions, but after reading all the above, looks like section 3 IMHO.

justinmcl

Postby justinmcl » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:13 pm

I had a LR of 26 questions that did not have horses or state legislature, monkeys rings a bell, but I think someone at LSAC likes to always include something about monkeys for everyone....

doppelganger

Postby doppelganger » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:14 pm

:roll:
Last edited by doppelganger on Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TOMaHULK

Postby TOMaHULK » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:14 pm

Saltqjibo wrote:I pieced this together yesterday but never posted an update:
I made a mistake in the first post putting the otter and magnet question in diff sections:
as far as I know there were two 3 LR tests

LR-25 (magnets/ otter)
LG-23
LR-26 (horses, apes etc/ state legislature) *exp
RC-27

and

LR-25 (magnets/ otter)
LG-23
LR-25 (guitar string physics teacher/???) *exp
RC-27

Remember: Magnets (first question on test, actually had to go back and reread that one-tricky), apes (hmm-weren't they Monkeys and alarms), black holes in last section for sure, and underground rock bands in last for sure. I didn't have a guitar string physics teacher. Gonna go with the first set.

TOMaHULK

Postby TOMaHULK » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:16 pm

doppelganger wrote:thank you, gsp (gsp forever <3) and hey-o. i actually liked the ninjas and all of the rest of the experimental. ninjas make me smile; samurais-even more so. i hope mostly guessing on interns at least gave me a few. :roll:

^^This. WTH? Everyone keeps talking about ninjas. I saw nothing of ninjas on my test. I would definetely remember that, because my proctor was in the desk next to me snoring and I would have noted the similarities in their "quiet" nature. :roll:

justinmcl

Postby justinmcl » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:17 pm

TOMaHULK wrote:After much discussion, I'm going to have to agree with the majority.

I too had : LR LG LR RC LR, and I'm almost completely sure that the 3rd section (2nd LR) is the experimental. Yes it had 26 questions in it.

The only thing I'm on the fence about is people mentioning acid rain or something and the earth's creation. I really don't remember this question at all...

I'm going with section 3 as the experimental. Some people suggest that we could have had the same experimental/only in a different order or different questions, but after reading all the above, looks like section 3 IMHO.

Maybe there were three sets then? Because in my LR of 26 I definately cannot remember horses or state legislature, but it did have a question about lightning/ creation of life on earth

icanhaz2ndchance

Postby icanhaz2ndchance » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:23 pm

There were probably several different experimental sections being tested for the experimental LR section, because I definitely would have remembered a question about ninjas.

TOMaHULK

Postby TOMaHULK » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:23 pm

justinmcl wrote:
TOMaHULK wrote:After much discussion, I'm going to have to agree with the majority.

Maybe there were three sets then? Because in my LR of 26 I definately cannot remember horses or state legislature, but it did have a question about lightning/ creation of life on earth

Excuse me, I meant "lightning" and not "acid rain." I don't know, but I definetely do not recall either Ninjas or Lightning (which I may have because it was starting to storm outside). But...it could just be a case of being mentally fried at the time too.

TOMaHULK

Postby TOMaHULK » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:25 pm

icanhaz2ndchance wrote:There were probably several different experimental sections being tested for the experimental LR section, because I definitely would have remembered a question about ninjas.

See there... :lol: I would have loved a Ninjas question. Mine were all less than enjoyable. I'd enjoy a ninja question. LOL-I can picture myself letting severally minutes past by because I was entertained with the ninjas. :lol:

cigarman

Postby cigarman » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:41 pm

I think I had bits of both "claimed" experimental sections. Defietly had bus driver. Definetly did not have Ninjas or Guitar string physics. I think either people are remembering the bus driver in the wrong section or there were three experimental LR sections that were a mix of the questions.

TOMaHULK

Postby TOMaHULK » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:42 pm

cigarman wrote:I think I had bits of both "claimed" experimental sections. Defietly had bus driver. Definetly did not have Ninjas or Guitar string physics. I think either people are remembering the bus driver in the wrong section or there were three experimental LR sections that were a mix of the questions.

True, cause I had the bus driver. No Guitar (100% sure about that) and no Ninjas (100% sure about that too).

hamburg city

Postby hamburg city » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:53 pm

"Dr. Strangelove"]Here were the scored sections.

LR (25 questions #1)
LG (Tuscany sucks.)
LR (25 questions #2)
RC (Honeybees)

I only had two LR sections (51Q total) and one of them had 26 Qs. Either the LSAC is taking the piss or one of your 25s is actually an experimental.

Hey-O

Postby Hey-O » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:57 pm

hamburg city wrote:

LR (25 questions #1)
LG (Tuscany sucks.)
LR (25 questions #2)
RC (Honeybees)

I only had two LR sections (51Q total) and one of them had 26 Qs. Either the LSAC is taking the piss or one of your 25s is actually an experimental.

Oho this throws a monkey wrench in the TLS board consensus that the test is only 100 questions. Are you certain you had 26 on one of your LR sections?

justinmcl

Postby justinmcl » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:00 pm

Hey-O wrote:
hamburg city wrote:

LR (25 questions #1)
LG (Tuscany sucks.)
LR (25 questions #2)
RC (Honeybees)

Oho this throws a monkey wrench in the TLS board consensus that the test is only 100 questions. Are you certain you had 26 on one of your LR sections?

This had better be a mistake lol, the one with 26 questions that I had was hard

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”