Figuring out the experimental section

User avatar
justinmcl
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:32 am

Re: Figuring out the experimental section

Postby justinmcl » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:32 pm

The squeaky floor ninja question does exist! It made my day while struggling through that LR section.

User avatar
malfurion
Posts: 159
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:40 pm

Re: Figuring out the experimental section

Postby malfurion » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:52 pm

Chimica wrote:
Really hoping oil/seals is exp.


It's not. I only had 2 LR sections and I had that one.

User avatar
Sammi
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: Figuring out the experimental section

Postby Sammi » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:58 pm

malfurion wrote:
Chimica wrote:
Really hoping oil/seals is exp.


It's not. I only had 2 LR sections and I had that one.


Do you remember any more questions that you had in that section? I remember the seals, but I can't remember if I had it first or third...

d34d9823
Posts: 1915
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: Figuring out the experimental section

Postby d34d9823 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:00 pm

Sammi wrote:
malfurion wrote:
Chimica wrote:
Really hoping oil/seals is exp.


It's not. I only had 2 LR sections and I had that one.


Do you remember any more questions that you had in that section? I remember the seals, but I can't remember if I had it first or third...

I thought it was otters?

User avatar
Sammi
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: Figuring out the experimental section

Postby Sammi » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:01 pm

d34dluk3 wrote:
Sammi wrote:
malfurion wrote:
Chimica wrote:
Really hoping oil/seals is exp.


It's not. I only had 2 LR sections and I had that one.


Do you remember any more questions that you had in that section? I remember the seals, but I can't remember if I had it first or third...

I thought it was otters?


Probably... I know I had the oil/seals or otters or whatever--it was an evaluative question. I just want to know what other topics for questions that y'all had so I can figure out which LR (1 or 2) was experimental for me.

d34d9823
Posts: 1915
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: Figuring out the experimental section

Postby d34d9823 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:05 pm

Sammi wrote:Probably... I know I had the oil/seals or otters or whatever--it was an evaluative question. I just want to know what other topics for questions that y'all had so I can figure out which LR (1 or 2) was experimental for me.

Off the top of my head (I had RC as exp.):
- oil and otters
- natural selection and rapid mutation
- oranges and pots
- twins and genetics
- underground bands
- iron and magnets
- bus driver's liability

My brain is so fried I have no clue which sections these were in.

User avatar
Sammi
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: Figuring out the experimental section

Postby Sammi » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:09 pm

d34dluk3 wrote:
Sammi wrote:Probably... I know I had the oil/seals or otters or whatever--it was an evaluative question. I just want to know what other topics for questions that y'all had so I can figure out which LR (1 or 2) was experimental for me.

Off the top of my head (I had RC as exp.):
- oil and otters
- natural selection and rapid mutation (2nd!)--no one could remember this one when I talked about it before. All the answer stems had gorillas/apes/horses/animals or some such language over and over in it.
- oranges and pots
- twins and genetics
[strike]- underground bands[/strike] (3rd)
- iron and magnets
- bus driver's liability

My brain is so fried I have no clue which sections these were in.


So all in all... it looks like my first LR was experimental? ... I am also completely unable to remember "when" something occurred if it was before the break. Did you have the one about the black hole? That was in the first section I think... and I thought I had seals first, but you had the mammals section and I could have sworn I had that one third.

Oh well. Perhaps I won't figure it out until the score is released.

User avatar
malfurion
Posts: 159
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:40 pm

Re: Figuring out the experimental section

Postby malfurion » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:10 pm

Sammi wrote:
malfurion wrote:
Chimica wrote:
Really hoping oil/seals is exp.


It's not. I only had 2 LR sections and I had that one.


Do you remember any more questions that you had in that section? I remember the seals, but I can't remember if I had it first or third...


I can't remember which ones were in which sections, but some others I had were the ring around black hole, bus driver accident, identical twins, orange/peppermint for insomniacs, managers who worked in sales dept > 1 year, and something causing damage to commercial fishing and a petition regarding it.

And yeah, I think it was actually otters not seals.

Oh yeah, mushrooms that help fight cancer, underground bands too.
Last edited by malfurion on Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

d34d9823
Posts: 1915
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: Figuring out the experimental section

Postby d34d9823 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:10 pm

Sammi wrote:
d34dluk3 wrote:
Sammi wrote:Probably... I know I had the oil/seals or otters or whatever--it was an evaluative question. I just want to know what other topics for questions that y'all had so I can figure out which LR (1 or 2) was experimental for me.

Off the top of my head (I had RC as exp.):
- oil and otters
- natural selection and rapid mutation (2nd!)--no one could remember this one when I talked about it before. All the answer stems had gorillas/apes/horses/animals or some such language over and over in it.
- oranges and pots
- twins and genetics
[strike]- underground bands[/strike] (3rd)
- iron and magnets
- bus driver's liability

My brain is so fried I have no clue which sections these were in.


So all in all... it looks like my first LR was experimental? ... I am also completely unable to remember "when" something occurred if it was before the break. Did you have the one about the black hole? That was in the first section I think... and I thought I had seals first, but you had the mammals section and I could have sworn I had that one third.

Oh well. Perhaps I won't figure it out until the score is released.

I had black holes. My natural selection wasn't about mammals though - it was a choose the most similar reasoning problem and the answer choices were about banks and children studying and stuff.

User avatar
Sammi
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: Figuring out the experimental section

Postby Sammi » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:14 pm

Ok. so my FIRST section was real, and 3rd (2nd LR) was experimental.

Those of you who had two LGs... did you have the real LG first?

Mine went LR LG LR RC LR

...is it true that we all take our experimental section at the same time (during the same section) of the test? So everyone's section one or three was experimental?

d34d9823
Posts: 1915
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: Figuring out the experimental section

Postby d34d9823 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:16 pm

Sammi wrote:Ok. so my FIRST section was real, and 3rd (2nd LR) was experimental.

Those of you who had two LGs... did you have the real LG first?

Mine went LR LG LR RC LR

...is it true that we all take our experimental section at the same time (during the same section) of the test? So everyone's section one or three was experimental?

My first was experimental.

User avatar
Kchuck
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:49 am

Re: Figuring out the experimental section

Postby Kchuck » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:57 pm

d34dluk3 wrote:
Sammi wrote:Ok. so my FIRST section was real, and 3rd (2nd LR) was experimental.

Those of you who had two LGs... did you have the real LG first?

Mine went LR LG LR RC LR

...is it true that we all take our experimental section at the same time (during the same section) of the test? So everyone's section one or three was experimental?

My first was experimental.


All three of your LR sections had 25 questions, correct?

User avatar
PrayingforHYS
Posts: 303
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:37 pm

Re: Figuring out the experimental section

Postby PrayingforHYS » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:06 pm

If you had 3 LR sections and one of them had 26 Qs, then that one was DEFINITELY the experimental.

There were 27 RC, 23 LG, and I had 3 sections of LR that each had 25 Qs -- therefore, the real test has 100 Qs, so anyone with an LR of 26 questions had THAT one as an experimental.

For myself, however, and anyone else who had 3 LRs with 25 each, the only thing we know for certain is that the last (5th) section counted

Besides that, we can speculate all we want, but we can't be certain whether the 1st or 2nd LR was experimental. In fact, for some people, I wouldn't be surprised if the 1st LR they took (1st section overall) was experimental, while the 2nd LR (3rd section overall) was the experimental for others.

My brain hurts too much to even continue speculating, so I'm just gonna wait for my results and shut up until then lol

User avatar
upfish
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: Figuring out the experimental section

Postby upfish » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:12 pm

SO glad to hear that 4 Cs is credited. =D

And the RC seemed breezy to me?

But I definitely bombed the games. God, for the 1st LG section to have been real. >.<

User avatar
Chimica
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 3:30 pm

Re: Figuring out the experimental section

Postby Chimica » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:23 pm

Yes it was otters ( not seals)

However, I can't remember if the otters were with iron/magnets or not (I had LR (Easy-first Q was iron-magnets), LG (interns-mulch), LR (can't remember a damn thing, but this hurt me)-BREAK-LR (also cannot remember) RC(Australian tax law, theatre, honeybees, urban)

User avatar
PrayingforHYS
Posts: 303
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:37 pm

Re: Figuring out the experimental section

Postby PrayingforHYS » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:53 pm

upfish wrote:SO glad to hear that 4 Cs is credited. =D

And the RC seemed breezy to me?

But I definitely bombed the games. God, for the 1st LG section to have been real. >.<


Careful with your words, but I'm glad that that's credited as well. I saw that on my booklet, and I was like "huh..?" -- it's not unprecedented for that to happen + the fact that I believe that those responses were very early in the section. I looked at that for about 3 seconds, decided, "eh, it's either right or wrong...but i can't worry about it now" and then I proceeded from there.

Luckily, it appears that it's ok.

d34d9823
Posts: 1915
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: Figuring out the experimental section

Postby d34d9823 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:56 pm

PrayingforHYS wrote:
upfish wrote:SO glad to hear that 4 Cs is credited. =D

And the RC seemed breezy to me?

But I definitely bombed the games. God, for the 1st LG section to have been real. >.<


Careful with your words, but I'm glad that that's credited as well. I saw that on my booklet, and I was like "huh..?" -- it's not unprecedented for that to happen + the fact that I believe that those responses were very early in the section. I looked at that for about 3 seconds, decided, "eh, it's either right or wrong...but i can't worry about it now" and then I proceeded from there.

Luckily, it appears that it's ok.

Yeah, I think 5 has never happened, but 4 has happened several times IIRC.

User avatar
Chimica
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 3:30 pm

Re: Figuring out the experimental section

Postby Chimica » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:04 pm

d34dluk3 wrote:
Sammi wrote:Probably... I know I had the oil/seals or otters or whatever--it was an evaluative question. I just want to know what other topics for questions that y'all had so I can figure out which LR (1 or 2) was experimental for me.

Off the top of my head (I had RC as exp.):
- oil and otters-3
- natural selection and rapid mutation
- oranges and pots
- twins and genetics
- underground bands-4
- iron and magnets-1
- bus driver's liability

My brain is so fried I have no clue which sections these were in.


Now I'm confused. So you had no LR experimental and you had questions on both iron/magnets and otters/oil.

I thought the general consensus was that those were in two different sections (1 and 3, respectively for most people). I personally cannot remember if they were split. The only thing I'm sure of is that magnets was the first question of the test for me.

I've added my best guesses for the sections up above.

jeremychristiansen
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: Figuring out the experimental section

Postby jeremychristiansen » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:06 pm

I think the October 2010 LSAT will have an LG about crazed LSAT takers trying to figure our which was the experimental LR section.

d34d9823
Posts: 1915
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: Figuring out the experimental section

Postby d34d9823 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:07 pm

Chimica wrote:
d34dluk3 wrote:
Sammi wrote:Probably... I know I had the oil/seals or otters or whatever--it was an evaluative question. I just want to know what other topics for questions that y'all had so I can figure out which LR (1 or 2) was experimental for me.

Off the top of my head (I had RC as exp.):
- oil and otters-3
- natural selection and rapid mutation
- oranges and pots
- twins and genetics
- underground bands-4
- iron and magnets-1
- bus driver's liability

My brain is so fried I have no clue which sections these were in.


Now I'm confused. So you had no LR experimental and you had questions on both iron/magnets and otters/oil.

I thought the general consensus was that those were in two different sections (1 and 3, respectively for most people). I personally cannot remember if they were split. The only thing I'm sure of is that magnets was the first question of the test for me.

I've added my best guesses for the sections up above.

Are you sure you're recalling the sections correctly? I only had 2 LRs, so three different sections seems implausible.

Hey-O
Posts: 719
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:50 pm

Re: Figuring out the experimental section

Postby Hey-O » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:14 pm

Sammi wrote:Ok. so my FIRST section was real, and 3rd (2nd LR) was experimental.

Those of you who had two LGs... did you have the real LG first?

Mine went LR LG LR RC LR

...is it true that we all take our experimental section at the same time (during the same section) of the test? So everyone's section one or three was experimental?


I think this was my set up as well. And I think the first LR was experimental but I can't remember. Was your first question about magnets?

User avatar
OklahomasOK
Posts: 394
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: Figuring out the experimental section

Postby OklahomasOK » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:19 pm

upfish wrote:SO glad to hear that 4 Cs is credited. =D

And the RC seemed breezy to me?

But I definitely bombed the games. God, for the 1st LG section to have been real. >.<


I noticed lots of quirks with my bubbling on my scantron. I don't want to go into too much detail, but I had an LR section (not exp) where I got a bunch of two letters (as had been echoed by others on TLS).

I thought the 3rd LR, was the most difficult one. I spent the entire time on that section... I didn't even have a chance to write "HAMMERTIME" after it says STOP at the end of the section.

User avatar
Chimica
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 3:30 pm

Re: Figuring out the experimental section

Postby Chimica » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:23 pm

d34dluk3 wrote:
Chimica wrote:
d34dluk3 wrote:
Sammi wrote:Probably... I know I had the oil/seals or otters or whatever--it was an evaluative question. I just want to know what other topics for questions that y'all had so I can figure out which LR (1 or 2) was experimental for me.

Off the top of my head (I had RC as exp.):
- oil and otters-3
- natural selection and rapid mutation
- oranges and pots
- twins and genetics
- underground bands-4
- iron and magnets-1
- bus driver's liability

My brain is so fried I have no clue which sections these were in.


Now I'm confused. So you had no LR experimental and you had questions on both iron/magnets and otters/oil.

I thought the general consensus was that those were in two different sections (1 and 3, respectively for most people). I personally cannot remember if they were split. The only thing I'm sure of is that magnets was the first question of the test for me.

I've added my best guesses for the sections up above.

Are you sure you're recalling the sections correctly? I only had 2 LRs, so three different sections seems implausible.


That's what is confusing me. Several people have posted with iron and otters in different sections. I read that first and it sounded right. Now I cannot remember if they were together or not. If you got them both, then either

1) Iron-magnets and otters-oil were together in the same LR and someone just misremembered and split them and we all followed along

or

2) The experimental questions were mixed in with real (unprecedented and unlikely)

or

3) You are messing with us or having oily otter hallucinations (unlikely)

So I'm hoping someone will show up and say that otters and magnets were actually together and that my attributions above are incorrect.

User avatar
icanhaz2ndchance
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:29 pm

Re: Figuring out the experimental section

Postby icanhaz2ndchance » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:34 pm

For me, I am almost positive otters and magnets were together in the first LR section. Magnets was the very first question and I remember the otter question struck me soon after due to my proximity to the gulf and the current environmental disaster. I had LR AR LR RC LR. The LR sections consisted of 25 26 25 questions, respectively. I am almost positive after reading all of these posts that the second LR section, section 3 overall, was the experimental section. Which is awesome, because I think that was my weakest section.

User avatar
zworykin
Posts: 449
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 4:18 am

Re: Figuring out the experimental section

Postby zworykin » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:49 pm

icanhaz2ndchance wrote:For me, I am almost positive otters and magnets were together in the first LR section. Magnets was the very first question and I remember the otter question struck me soon after due to my proximity to the gulf and the current environmental disaster. I had LR AR LR RC LR. The LR sections consisted of 25 26 25 questions, respectively. I am almost positive after reading all of these posts that the second LR section, section 3 overall, was the experimental section. Which is awesome, because I think that was my weakest section.


I don't remember if they were in the same section, but I had both, magnets was definitely a first question, and I only had two LR sections.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: addie1412, bearedman8, dontsaywhatyoumean, laqueredup, neptunian, whatton and 15 guests