DONE!!!

Sammi

Re: DONE!!!

Postby Sammi » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:01 pm

Ok... what about the question where all the answers had something involving gorillas/apes/horses/mammals, etc?

What section was that on? If it was the same as the rockband section then I know it's real, I just remember that one took some time just because the repetition of the same words was throwing me off!

alphagamma

Postby alphagamma » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:03 pm

Sammi wrote:Ok... what about the question where all the answers had something involving gorillas/apes/horses/mammals, etc?

What section was that on? If it was the same as the rockband section then I know it's real, I just remember that one took some time just because the repetition of the same words was throwing me off!

I don't remember a question like that...

hopscotch

Postby hopscotch » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:03 pm

And I thought RC was hard.

UFmark

Postby UFmark » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:04 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
UFmark wrote:Canceled my test after being put into the WORST testing conditions possible.

During the course of this description I want you all to realize this is occurring at UMiami in South Florida and its 95 degrees out with no breeze.

So I arrived to the test early to avoid any problems with registration, seating, whatever. Ended up standing OUTSIDE for 30 minutes just to SIGN-IN(why the HELL is the sign-in area outside when its almost 100 degrees out). I'm looking around while standing in my designated last name line and literally every single person is sweating BULLETS. I'm talking there was some guys that their entire shirts were absolutely drenched with pure sweat. I notice that the heat really seems to be getting to some of the other test takers but I brush it off and try not to think about it, telling myself that once I get inside the testing center it will be much better and I will be able to cool off. However, I would be sadly mistaken.

After finally getting checked in, I am sent up to a classroom to where I will be taking the test. I am soooo happy, I'm like "OMG yes a classroom, BIG desks, not a lot of people in the room, wooooo!!!" This happiness would not last for long, as after I take my seat I realize I am still sweating my ass off. What do you FUCKIN know, the room has absolutely NO AC. The second I realize this I make a comment to the proctor(who is now doing a secondary ID check for all test takers entering the classroom) about the temperature and question the lack of AC. She responds and tells me that the test managers or whatever informed her that the AC should be on and should be cooling down blah blah. 25 minutes later, everyone is finally checked into the classroom and has an assigned seat. By this time, it had to be over 100 degrees in a room with 25 people in it. The two proctors are sweating BALLS along with the rest of us. Everyone in the classroom is complaining about the heat, some jokingly and some with anger. At this point the proctor starts whispering to the other proctor and after a quick conversation the one proctor leaves the room(in search of a new classroom). The head proctor of our classroom states to the class, "In my over 20 years of proctoring this exam, never have I been in a room that has been this inadequate for holding an exam." So finally, after sitting in the sauna(classroom) for 30 minutes and sweating my ass off we are moved to another classroom with AC.

Needless to say, the circumstances leading up to the start of the test severely hindered my ability to perform on the LSAT. I have full intentions of writing a letter of complaint to LSAC in order to receive a full refund and make sure that no test taker will ever have to experience what I did today. I was ready to crush that exam and I had to put up with this bullshit! I must say the overall experience was extremely disheartening.

/rant

If I understand you correctly, they remedied the problem before you took the exam. This does not sound like a really valid complaint.

Making you sit in a classroom for 30 minutes with no AC in the middle of the summer in South Florida? Go fuck yourself tool bag.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:05 pm

hopscotch wrote:Image

Nice rack.

pjo

Postby pjo » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:06 pm

does anyone know when our scores are released?

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:06 pm

pjo wrote:does anyone know when our scores are released?

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=119696

UFmark

Postby UFmark » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:06 pm

6/28/10

alphagamma

Postby alphagamma » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:06 pm

hopscotch wrote:Image

This is why you bring your own watch.

jason8821

Postby jason8821 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:07 pm

catgaffney wrote:I'm also trying to figure out which LR was experimental-amino acids and the earth's origins anyone?

I don't remember that question, and I seem to remember most of the LR questions, there were like 3 or 4 between the two sections in the late 20's I skipped.

hopscotch

Postby hopscotch » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:07 pm

alphagamma wrote:This is why you bring your own watch.

Yeah I did actually so it didn't screw me up too much, I was still raging pretty hard though.

deezxxx

Postby deezxxx » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:08 pm

i had LR LG LR RC LR ... my LR2 had 26 questions, if that helps. LR1 had 24 or 25 questions and LR3 had 25. I'm hoping the LR2 was the experimental.
Last edited by deezxxx on Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pjo

Postby pjo » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:08 pm

LSAT Blog wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=119696

thanks

Intraining

Postby Intraining » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:08 pm

What was the answer to the last LG question where it asked you what couldn't be in tuscany...F?

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:09 pm

romothesavior wrote:Chico is right. Last year after the June test we were like a pack of ferocious animals.

c/o 2013 FTW!

+1 to this. Spirits were ripped out, crushed, and thrown in the trash.

alphagamma

Postby alphagamma » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:09 pm

jason8821 wrote:
catgaffney wrote:I'm also trying to figure out which LR was experimental-amino acids and the earth's origins anyone?

I don't remember that question, and I seem to remember most of the LR questions, there were like 3 or 4 between the two sections in the late 20's I skipped.

I only had two LR sections. I answered every question, and I remember nothing about Earth's origins or amino acids.

Also, I believe that both LR sections had 25 questions.

pjo

Postby pjo » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:10 pm

deezxxx wrote:i had LR LG LR - RC LR ... my LR2 had 26 questions, if that helps. LR1 had 24 or 25 questions and LR3 had 25. I'm hoping that's the experimental.

I only had two LR, both were 25 questions if that helps you out. my sections went LG,LR,LG,LR,RC

catgaffney

Postby catgaffney » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:12 pm

jason8821 wrote:

You just made my day a little bit! It referred to hydrogen and oxygen levels and then changed to discussing oxygen and nitrogen later on in the question, which threw me off a little bit-I couldn't help but think it was an oversight that would be more likely in an experimental than in the real thing. But maybe the question just went right over my head!

burtonrideclub

Postby burtonrideclub » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:12 pm

Obviously I would frown on such a thing, but if someone set up some aol chat room or something where questions could be discussed, it would enable people to talk about the test more freely.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:13 pm

UFmark wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:
UFmark wrote:Canceled my test after being put into the WORST testing conditions possible.

During the course of this description I want you all to realize this is occurring at UMiami in South Florida and its 95 degrees out with no breeze.

So I arrived to the test early to avoid any problems with registration, seating, whatever. Ended up standing OUTSIDE for 30 minutes just to SIGN-IN(why the HELL is the sign-in area outside when its almost 100 degrees out). I'm looking around while standing in my designated last name line and literally every single person is sweating BULLETS. I'm talking there was some guys that their entire shirts were absolutely drenched with pure sweat. I notice that the heat really seems to be getting to some of the other test takers but I brush it off and try not to think about it, telling myself that once I get inside the testing center it will be much better and I will be able to cool off. However, I would be sadly mistaken.

After finally getting checked in, I am sent up to a classroom to where I will be taking the test. I am soooo happy, I'm like "OMG yes a classroom, BIG desks, not a lot of people in the room, wooooo!!!" This happiness would not last for long, as after I take my seat I realize I am still sweating my ass off. What do you FUCKIN know, the room has absolutely NO AC. The second I realize this I make a comment to the proctor(who is now doing a secondary ID check for all test takers entering the classroom) about the temperature and question the lack of AC. She responds and tells me that the test managers or whatever informed her that the AC should be on and should be cooling down blah blah. 25 minutes later, everyone is finally checked into the classroom and has an assigned seat. By this time, it had to be over 100 degrees in a room with 25 people in it. The two proctors are sweating BALLS along with the rest of us. Everyone in the classroom is complaining about the heat, some jokingly and some with anger. At this point the proctor starts whispering to the other proctor and after a quick conversation the one proctor leaves the room(in search of a new classroom). The head proctor of our classroom states to the class, "In my over 20 years of proctoring this exam, never have I been in a room that has been this inadequate for holding an exam." So finally, after sitting in the sauna(classroom) for 30 minutes and sweating my ass off we are moved to another classroom with AC.

Needless to say, the circumstances leading up to the start of the test severely hindered my ability to perform on the LSAT. I have full intentions of writing a letter of complaint to LSAC in order to receive a full refund and make sure that no test taker will ever have to experience what I did today. I was ready to crush that exam and I had to put up with this bullshit! I must say the overall experience was extremely disheartening.

/rant

If I understand you correctly, they remedied the problem before you took the exam. This does not sound like a really valid complaint.

Making you sit in a classroom for 30 minutes with no AC in the middle of the summer in South Florida? Go fuck yourself tool bag.

I got hot really, really easily. I would have been sweating my ass off and would have bombed if I were drenched in sweat.

pjo

Postby pjo » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:13 pm

Intraining wrote:What was the answer to the last LG question where it asked you what couldn't be in tuscany...F?

grrr I ran out of time on that question. I had it narrowed done to 3 but I can't remember which one i picked

pjo

Postby pjo » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:13 pm

Intraining wrote:What was the answer to the last LG question where it asked you what couldn't be in tuscany...F?

grrr I ran out of time on that question. I had it narrowed done to 3 but I can't remember which one i picked

catgaffney

Postby catgaffney » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:14 pm

pjo wrote:
deezxxx wrote:i had LR LG LR - RC LR ... my LR2 had 26 questions, if that helps. LR1 had 24 or 25 questions and LR3 had 25. I'm hoping that's the experimental.

I only had two LR, both were 25 questions if that helps you out. my sections went LG,LR,LG,LR,RC

Amazing. I think I bombed the one that had 26, and it sounds like that was experimental. What a relief!

jason8821

Postby jason8821 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:17 pm

catgaffney wrote:
jason8821 wrote:

You just made my day a little bit! It referred to hydrogen and oxygen levels and then changed to discussing oxygen and nitrogen later on in the question, which threw me off a little bit-I couldn't help but think it was an oversight that would be more likely in an experimental than in the real thing. But maybe the question just went right over my head!

Yeah, come to think of it I don't remember any difficult science questions, but my memory is on logic games right now. I can still remember the names of each entity for every game :-(

LuvsTLS

Postby LuvsTLS » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:18 pm

I saw someone on the first page of this thread in like the 3rd or 4th posted his AIM screen name....can we get banned for even that?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”