DONE!!!

User avatar
pjo
Posts: 610
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:14 pm

Re: DONE!!!

Postby pjo » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:36 pm

rklafehn wrote:to pjo: yes.



THANK YOU! I still have a chance then. I blew the other section of LG. It was my first section and I had to guess on 7. (I usually get -0 or -1 wrong).

User avatar
Mr. Matlock
Posts: 1360
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Re: DONE!!!

Postby Mr. Matlock » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:37 pm

Nightrunner wrote:
budafied wrote:
AmyIsBANNEDFROMTLSLSATCHAT wrote:*link to private chat snipped*


you're getting banned....


Yup

FTFM

User avatar
zabagabe
Posts: 340
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:48 am

Re: DONE!!!

Postby zabagabe » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:38 pm

Can anyone with just one RC section just describe the basic gist of what they were about (ala "talk stories," "purple loosestrife, etc.)? Thanks!

rklafehn
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 6:59 pm

Re: DONE!!!

Postby rklafehn » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:39 pm

The scored RC had a dual passage dealing with bees and stuff like that.

User avatar
zabagabe
Posts: 340
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:48 am

Re: DONE!!!

Postby zabagabe » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:40 pm

rklafehn wrote:The scored RC had a dual passage dealing with bees and stuff like that.


Thanks!

rklafehn
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 6:59 pm

Re: DONE!!!

Postby rklafehn » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:41 pm

Help with the LR? Please. No one is even trying.

makingwaves
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:04 am

Re: DONE!!!

Postby makingwaves » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:42 pm

dukivich10 wrote:
thriller219 wrote:Feel bad for you Duk, 2 RC's sucks, I had 2 LG's, dont know which was real but neither was particularly difficult IMO.


ya it does suck n there was a huge diff btween my performance/difficulty of the two sections. Like I think I got -1 or -2 on the first n like -10 on the second. So I will be praying that the first was scored. Definately made my goal if that is the case, if not FML.......


I had two RCs - first and last. Last was scored.

Wustlmike19
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:01 am

Re: DONE!!!

Postby Wustlmike19 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:45 pm

On the 2nd (sec 3) LR there was a sufficient question about Bureacrats... In case it helps anyone

User avatar
Sammi
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: DONE!!!

Postby Sammi » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:46 pm

My Test went like this:

LR LG LR RC LR

I believe that the first LR was experimental, but I can't recall specific questions in order to support this theory. I believe that all who had LG first had their experimental first... but I suppose we won't know until more people post.

What I do know is that I ran out of time on my RC--which has NEVER happened to me before. Thankfully, I was able to get a couple right on the last passage. So hopefully just a -5 of RC. I feel really good about my first scored LR section, and the games were pretty easy (I think). Only so many situations for the Mulch game. The reporters game wasn't hard, but could be if you were pressed for time. Had to get that final inference for it to click and make it "fast."

Good luck everyone!

jason8821
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:42 am

Re: DONE!!!

Postby jason8821 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:46 pm

Yeah I knew that passage about old photography making a comeback was experimental after reading the first paragraph. I have never seen something written in such a colloquial fashion on RC.

User avatar
Burgstaller04
Posts: 628
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: DONE!!!

Postby Burgstaller04 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:48 pm

who has 2 thumbs and is exhausted? this guy

dabbadon8
Posts: 767
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:17 am

Re: DONE!!!

Postby dabbadon8 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:50 pm

I had LR LG LR RC LR
I remember a question about underground rock bands in the final section. Anyone remember this q who only had two LR's?

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: DONE!!!

Postby chicoalto0649 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:51 pm

You guys are all lame

Last year we were fucking reciting the June 09 LSAT and possible answers like it was gospel. Grow some sack and start disseminating answers.

makingwaves
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:04 am

Re: DONE!!!

Postby makingwaves » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:51 pm

dabbadon8 wrote:I had LR LG LR RC LR
I remember a question about underground rock bands in the final section. Anyone remember this q who only had two LR's?


Yup, that was my 4th section. (RC was my exp.)

User avatar
Sammi
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: DONE!!!

Postby Sammi » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:51 pm

I think that the first LR was the experimental one, for those of us who had two... But I can only remember the last section of LR b/c it was difficult for me. Blerg!

Seemed to me like there were a lot of principle questions in these LRs...

The rockband section was real... it was after the break. Your experimental LR was in the first half.

User avatar
Sammi
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: DONE!!!

Postby Sammi » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:52 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:You guys are all lame

Last year we were fucking reciting the June 09 LSAT and possible answers like it was gospel. Grow some sack and start disseminating answers.


Then why are you hanging around June 10?

catgaffney
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: DONE!!!

Postby catgaffney » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:52 pm

I'm also trying to figure out which LR was experimental-amino acids and the earth's origins anyone?

makingwaves
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:04 am

Re: DONE!!!

Postby makingwaves » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:53 pm

christinalsat wrote:
alphagamma wrote:
GotYourselfAStewGoin wrote:Mulch was, regrettably, real.

Darn.

I feel sick.


Agreed. Praying for a generous curveeee!

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: DONE!!!

Postby chicoalto0649 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:53 pm

Sammi wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:You guys are all lame

Last year we were fucking reciting the June 09 LSAT and possible answers like it was gospel. Grow some sack and start disseminating answers.


Then why are you hanging around June 10?


Just curious/nostalgic. It was a year ago I got mauve-dinosaured and canceled. Was wondering what this year's test was like. Retaken in Sept. went way better.

Edit for noobs: you may take a test that SEEMED particularly harder in one section, say RC for example. Trust me, this will have zero impact on the curve. You could a -9 (low for recent tests) and could have taken a grizzly bear of a test.
Last edited by chicoalto0649 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
LSAT Blog
Posts: 1262
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: DONE!!!

Postby LSAT Blog » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:55 pm

makingwaves wrote:Agreed. Praying for a generous curveeee!


I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but I analyzed the raw score conversion charts and found that June exams consistently have less forgiving curves than December ones:

Easiest LSAT Curve: December | Hardest LSAT Curve: June

In other words, another -14 like December is very unlikely to happen again.

Just providing the info so folks can make informed decisions.

Please don't shoot the messenger.
Last edited by LSAT Blog on Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UFmark
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:01 am

Re: DONE!!!

Postby UFmark » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:55 pm

Canceled my test after being put into the WORST testing conditions possible.

During the course of this description I want you all to realize this is occurring at UMiami in South Florida and its 95 degrees out with no breeze.

So I arrived to the test early to avoid any problems with registration, seating, whatever. Ended up standing OUTSIDE for 30 minutes just to SIGN-IN(why the HELL is the sign-in area outside when its almost 100 degrees out). I'm looking around while standing in my designated last name line and literally every single person is sweating BULLETS. I'm talking there was some guys that their entire shirts were absolutely drenched with pure sweat. I notice that the heat really seems to be getting to some of the other test takers but I brush it off and try not to think about it, telling myself that once I get inside the testing center it will be much better and I will be able to cool off. However, I would be sadly mistaken.

After finally getting checked in, I am sent up to a classroom to where I will be taking the test. I am soooo happy, I'm like "OMG yes a classroom, BIG desks, not a lot of people in the room, wooooo!!!" This happiness would not last for long, as after I take my seat I realize I am still sweating my ass off. What do you FUCKIN know, the room has absolutely NO AC. The second I realize this I make a comment to the proctor(who is now doing a secondary ID check for all test takers entering the classroom) about the temperature and question the lack of AC. She responds and tells me that the test managers or whatever informed her that the AC should be on and should be cooling down blah blah. 25 minutes later, everyone is finally checked into the classroom and has an assigned seat. By this time, it had to be over 100 degrees in a room with 25 people in it. The two proctors are sweating BALLS along with the rest of us. Everyone in the classroom is complaining about the heat, some jokingly and some with anger. At this point the proctor starts whispering to the other proctor and after a quick conversation the one proctor leaves the room(in search of a new classroom). The head proctor of our classroom states to the class, "In my over 20 years of proctoring this exam, never have I been in a room that has been this inadequate for holding an exam." So finally, after sitting in the sauna(classroom) for 30 minutes and sweating my ass off we are moved to another classroom with AC.

Needless to say, the circumstances leading up to the start of the test severely hindered my ability to perform on the LSAT. I have full intentions of writing a letter of complaint to LSAC in order to receive a full refund and make sure that no test taker will ever have to experience what I did today. I was ready to crush that exam and I had to put up with this bullshit! I must say the overall experience was extremely disheartening.

/rant

edit: Note, two people walked out of the classroom and handed in their tests before we even left the sauna.
Last edited by UFmark on Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: DONE!!!

Postby romothesavior » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:56 pm

Chico is right. Last year after the June test we were like a pack of ferocious animals.

c/o 2013 FTW!

lady518
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 7:17 pm

Re: DONE!!!

Postby lady518 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:57 pm

Hahaha...I cancelled too! I was consistently scoring >170 on practice tests and missing 0 or 1 on LG...but got totally screwed on the LGs this time. So cancelled on the spot. Re-take in October! Sounds like I'm not the only one...

escapefrom
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:57 am

Re: DONE!!!

Postby escapefrom » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:57 pm

LG LR LG LR RC.

For the first time ever, I didn't finish either LG within the time limit. I guessed on one to two questions in both of those sections. Finished with plenty of time in the others.

This is my second and last time taking this test. I got a 161 the first time around. The test experience is fine, but the studying is killing me. I'm taking a few days off, and then I'm looking into graduate programs.

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: DONE!!!

Postby chicoalto0649 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:58 pm

UFmark wrote:Canceled my test after being put into the WORST testing conditions possible.

During the course of this description I want you all to realize this is occurring at UMiami in South Florida and its 95 degrees out with no breeze.

So I arrived to the test early to avoid any problems with registration, seating, whatever. Ended up standing OUTSIDE for 30 minutes just to SIGN-IN(why the HELL is the sign-in area outside when its almost 100 degrees out). I'm looking around while standing in my designated last name line and literally every single person is sweating BULLETS. I'm talking there was some guys that their entire shirts were absolutely drenched with pure sweat. I notice that the heat really seems to be getting to some of the other test takers but I brush it off and try not to think about it, telling myself that once I get inside the testing center it will be much better and I will be able to cool off. However, I would be sadly mistaken.

After finally getting checked in, I am sent up to a classroom to where I will be taking the test. I am soooo happy, I'm like "OMG yes a classroom, BIG desks, not a lot of people in the room, wooooo!!!" This happiness would not last for long, as after I take my seat I realize I am still sweating my ass off. What do you FUCKIN know, the room has absolutely NO AC. The second I realize this I make a comment to the proctor(who is now doing a secondary ID check for all test takers entering the classroom) about the temperature and question the lack of AC. She responds and tells me that the test managers or whatever informed her that the AC should be on and should be cooling down blah blah. 25 minutes later, everyone is finally checked into the classroom and has an assigned seat. By this time, it had to be over 100 degrees in a room with 25 people in it. The two proctors are sweating BALLS along with the rest of us. Everyone in the classroom is complaining about the heat, some jokingly and some with anger. At this point the proctor starts whispering to the other proctor and after a quick conversation the one proctor leaves the room(in search of a new classroom). The head proctor of our classroom states to the class, "In my over 20 years of proctoring this exam, never have I been in a room that has been this inadequate for holding an exam." So finally, after sitting in the sauna(classroom) for 30 minutes and sweating my ass off we are moved to another classroom with AC.

Needless to say, the circumstances leading up to the start of the test severely hindered my ability to perform on the LSAT. I have full intentions of writing a letter of complaint to LSAC in order to receive a full refund and make sure that no test taker will ever have to experience what I did today. I was ready to crush that exam and I had to put up with this bullshit! I must say the overall experience was extremely disheartening.

/rant


If I understand you correctly, they remedied the problem before you took the exam. This does not sound like a really valid complaint.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 34iplaw, dontsaywhatyoumean, Instrumental, jen203, Lahtso Nuggin, Macallan and 15 guests