DONE!!!

alicrimson

Re: DONE!!!

Postby alicrimson » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:02 pm

I still don't know what happened to me there. People are saying rules were ambiguous, but it seems that I got the rules correct.... the only other explanation is that I'm an idiot who couldn't make a key inference.... these 3 weeks are going to last forever.. thank god for the world cup![/quote]

The rule that was ambiguous was the some people (me included) misinterpreted "field" to mean the location (Tuscany, Spain etc) instead of profession. If you took it the most normal way, then you should be fine...[/quote]

Field was definitely ambiguous and this is what is going to screw up the entire curve. I guarantee that when this game appeared as an experimental, it did not have that confusing term. As a result, not many (no one?) had to stop and think about a single rule and more people would have gotten the game right, or at least more questions right. So the curve for this test is not going to factor in ALL the trouble people had with that game.

Unless the creators intentionally made this game ambiguous, which I would find very hard to believe.[/quote]

How can you "GUARANTEE that when this game appeared as an experimental, it did not have the confusing term"??? How the hell do you know what terms the game did and did not have when it appeared as an experimental?[/quote]

This is going to sound extremely ignorant; however, I'd rather ask a dumb question and get an answer than just wallow in not knowing so...wass every LSAT question on our June test an experimental section on a former LSAT at some point?

omidee20

Postby omidee20 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:39 am

Thanks for the response!
Last edited by omidee20 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

d34d9823

Postby d34d9823 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:51 am

omidee20 wrote:***

1. You're going to get banned.
2. I went with the antecedent of the former.

Dany

Postby Dany » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:51 am

omidee20 wrote:***

d34dluk3 wrote:1. You're going to get banned.
2. I went with the antecedent of the former.

1. yes
2. yes
Last edited by Dany on Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:53 am

alicrimson wrote:This is going to sound extremely ignorant; however, I'd rather ask a dumb question and get an answer than just wallow in not knowing so...wass every LSAT question on our June test an experimental section on a former LSAT at some point?

From what I know about the LSAT, yes. Seems like this is how they determin curve.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”