DONE!!!

JetsMets

Re: DONE!!!

Postby JetsMets » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:06 pm

Why cancel on the day of the test - - worst time to make a decision. (You know you have 5 days, right?)

I wonder how many people hit their all time high score and cancel; maybe it isn't a large %, but it isn't 0% either.

christinalsat

Postby christinalsat » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:09 pm

Omg, so the mulch/intern section was not the experimental? If so, time to cancel. If not, there is still hope.

Rikkugrrl

Postby Rikkugrrl » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:10 pm

Laurenomoss wrote:
Rikkugrrl wrote:Canceled. Totally freaked out too, shaking and everything. I'm retaking at my own college in October, hopefully that'll go better. Note to self: small glass of wine beforehand next time...

Are you okay? I noticed a few people canceled.

Now I am. I did fine on the LR, but I had two LG sections before the break and did awful on both. The questions weren't even that hard; I thought some were crazy similar to earlier ones I've done, but I just couldn't focus. Kept reading the same questions over and over without taking anything in. When I started to cry around the 4th section, I decided it was time to go. But in retrospect, it was silly to get that upset over it. An October retake isn't going to be the end of the world, and I can still have my apps out well before Thanksgiving. Plus I got to experience the test and deal with the nerves once and hopefully that won't happen again.

Separate question, all you have to do to cancel at the test site is mark the two ovals and sign your name right? You don't have to contact LSAC or anything else?

bostonld

Postby bostonld » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:11 pm

I had a really hard time with the Logic Games section, which was frustrating because I had been doing great on all of my practice sections for the past few weeks. Misunderstood a rule in the 4th game, realized I messed up, panicked, and selected the rest all in a blur. Was hoping that this section was harder in general but it sounds like others found it relatively easy. Not sure what my deal was :? Felt pretty good about the rest of the sections though so I guess I'm just going to roll with it and see how it goes. For what it's worth, I had 3 LRs so one was definitely the experimental. Anyone else share the games frustration??

Maddie

Postby Maddie » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:16 pm

Rikkugrrl wrote:Canceled. Totally freaked out too, shaking and everything. I'm retaking at my own college in October, hopefully that'll go better. Note to self: small glass of wine beforehand next time...

aww I'm sorry to hear this. I also cancelled and freaked out but I was a retaker. I bombed games and freaked out and then on my next section I couldn't stop dwelling on it. On a better note I got a business card for a cute guy who was also cancelling. Hopefully that turns out better than the LSAT did.

quishiclocus

Postby quishiclocus » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:17 pm

I freaked out on the "real" LG--I had two and the other one was so easy it was just really evident that it had to be the experimental. Mis-set my watch on the other and so thought I had more time than I did at the end and then it was five minutes and I was just starting the last game. Damn it. But the others all went well, and I thought I managed pretty good for under five minutes, so... I don't know.

The RC made me happy. I could have answered one of them without actually reading the passage, because I know the subject matter, so I had a solid amount of time on the others and didn't have to stress. I hope that made up for the LG.

dbrddr

Postby dbrddr » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:17 pm

christinalsat wrote:Omg, so the mulch/intern section was not the experimental? If so, time to cancel. If not, there is still hope.

this.

ballents

Postby ballents » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:18 pm

JetsMets wrote:Why cancel on the day of the test - - worst time to make a decision. (You know you have 5 days, right?)

I wonder how many people hit their all time high score and cancel; maybe it isn't a large %, but it isn't 0% either.

Let me tell you why. I had to guess on five questions and I just can't afford that.

Second of all, after completely blowing a section it is really hard to maintain your focus and do as well as you want to. I know the right thing to do would have been to finish the test strong and then cancel later after thinking about it, and I tried to do that but I couldn't pull it off and ended up messing up more sections.

My point is, it's easy to say that you should always wait but sometimes you just know.

dbrddr

Postby dbrddr » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:18 pm

bostonld wrote:Misunderstood a rule in the 4th game, realized I messed up, panicked, and selected the rest all in a blur.

The EXACT same thing happened to me.

alphagamma

Postby alphagamma » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:20 pm

I had two LG sections, too. So... can anyone say for sure whether the mulch/intern section was experimental or not?

budafied

Postby budafied » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:21 pm

alphagamma wrote:I had two LG sections, too. So... can anyone say for sure whether the mulch/intern section was experimental or not?

If I'm allowed, I will say. But I erased my comment above because I don't want banned, lol.

GotYourselfAStewGoin

Postby GotYourselfAStewGoin » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:23 pm

Mulch was, regrettably, real.

alphagamma

Postby alphagamma » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:24 pm

GotYourselfAStewGoin wrote:Mulch was, regrettably, real.

Darn.

budafied

Postby budafied » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:24 pm

Nightrunner wrote:
budafied wrote:
alphagamma wrote:I had two LG sections, too. So... can anyone say for sure whether the mulch/intern section was experimental or not?

If I'm allowed, I will say. But I erased my comment above because I don't want banned, lol.

Confirming which section was experimental is OK. Please refer to YC's stickied announcement for further questions.

Ok. Then the mulch game was NOT experimental. I had only one LG section, and that was in it.

On a side note, I thought that LG was easy, and I think I got -0 :D

rklafehn

Postby rklafehn » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:25 pm

I went LR LG LR RC LR

I had the mulch game. It was the scored LG.

Anyone want to help determine which of the LRs was experimental? I hope it was the first section.

mazz

Postby mazz » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:27 pm

yeah i was on a retake, also brought my practice scores up to the low 170s.. i messed up that rule on the 4th game, missed the 3rd entirely... also missed the last 3 RC questions. I think i might cancel too. my previous score is a 159.. i can't risk dropping, especially since i know that god damn game just messed with my head. THIS BEGS THE QUESTION THOUGH -- what if the curve is MEATY?

I want to elaborate by saying that i thought the LG was damn reasonable, and messing up that rule was all due to my nervous rushing and glossing over. don't doubt yourself if you sketched the rules correctly!
Last edited by mazz on Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AmyIsCrazy4LSAT

Postby AmyIsCrazy4LSAT » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:28 pm

budafied

Postby budafied » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:29 pm

AmyIsCrazy4LSAT wrote:*link to private chat snipped*

you're getting banned....

christinalsat

Postby christinalsat » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:30 pm

alphagamma wrote:

Darn.

I feel sick.

jason8821

Postby jason8821 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:32 pm

dbrddr wrote:
bostonld wrote:Misunderstood a rule in the 4th game, realized I messed up, panicked, and selected the rest all in a blur.

The EXACT same thing happened to me.

I know exactly what rule you're talking about, and that one fucking rule is probably going to have me contacting LSAC in a few days. Aside from that Logic games, just went dismally. I have been doing pretty well on them for the last couple weeks, but now I abandoned my set up for the most part and tried to do them in my head, always terrible. I felt LR was easier than in the past. They seemed a little more concise. RC was harder than average, By chance (somebody basically announcing it after test) I know which one was experimental, and my experimental RC was easier.

Not that it's probably going to matter anymore, but does anyone care to guess the curve for 160?

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:32 pm

Word to the wise... or not so wise as the case may be; posting a chat site in which talk of a certain test which just took place COULD result in chat guests with LSAC connections who might have ulterior motives.

Be careful out there kids and remember to always say please and thank you.

pjo

Postby pjo » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:33 pm

is the mulch section the same one with the game with "tuscany"? Please I really need to know.

rklafehn

Postby rklafehn » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:34 pm

People who had 2 LRs, please reference questions from each section so I can determine which of my LRs were experimental.

rklafehn

Postby rklafehn » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:35 pm

to pjo: yes.

jjlew111

Postby jjlew111 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:36 pm

Ugh. About midway through my logic games section, someone's cell phone started ringing! The person obviously didn't want to pull it out and thus identify him- or herself, so the person just let the thing keep ringing. That frustrated me so much and completely threw me off. In the back of my mind, I also anticipated more rings in the near future. I was so distracted that I completely tanked the second half of that logic games section, and I decided to cancel my score.

I brought the incident to the attention of the proctors during the break. One said she didn't hear the phone, and the other said that she heard a phone ringing but thought it was coming from outside the room. I am very sure that it was not. In any case, the proctors did nothing about the disruption.

I am going to write LSAC to tell them about this. What do you think the chances are that I get a fee waiver for the next LSAT administration?

I am so upset about this. The guy next to me also had a cell phone in the room, but it didn't go off during the test. Ugh, I guess I just need to prepare more for loud noises during practice tests.

Anyway, I took the test at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”