DONE!!!

LSAT Blog

Re: DONE!!!

Postby LSAT Blog » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:01 pm

Rikkugrrl wrote:So...there's nothing else we have to do to cancel after signing and filling out the ovals right?

Yep - that's it!

honestabe84

Postby honestabe84 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:02 pm

Does anyone know how many questions were in the last two games (mulch, interns)?

malfurion

Postby malfurion » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:02 pm

honestabe84 wrote:Does anyone know how many questions were in the last two games (mulch, interns)?

I'm 99% sure mulch only had 5 questions, and I think interns had 6 but I'm not as positive about that one.

sluguy14

Postby sluguy14 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:03 pm

Just wanted to add my two cents that logic games were hard as hell. I panicked and ended up guessing on... a lot. Definitely not a good feeling. I'm not gonna cancel, but I expect to retake in October.

honestabe84

Postby honestabe84 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:03 pm

malfurion wrote:
honestabe84 wrote:Does anyone know how many questions were in the last two games (mulch, interns)?

I'm 99% sure mulch only had 5 questions, and I think interns had 6 but I'm not as positive about that one.

Thanks! Do you have any idea how many question were in the entire section?

Saltqjibo

Postby Saltqjibo » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:06 pm

23 in LG by my count

Richie Tenenbaum

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:06 pm

angiej wrote:
itseightfortyfive wrote:
angiej wrote:
pjo wrote:is it just me or do you think that LSAC is attempting to make the LG's less prone to powerscore and other company diagramming? I mean the last game in the experimental I had no idea how to even set up. And although I think I got the mulch game right, I set it up really goofy, unlike any diagram I ever was taught by powerscore.

No kidding - when I was on that section (and doing well I might add) I thought crap, I'm doing well, these are weird (plus its weird I"m doing well) therefore this must be the experimental. I had the RC experimental - thought I did much better on the RC experimental than the RC real - so I'm afraid anything I made up for in LG went down the drain for RC.

Really? I thought the mulch was the easiest out of all the games. There were only like four possible ways that the loads could be correctly carried. But what were the other three?

Mulch
Interns
the different craft classes
and what was the last one.

My brain is SOOO fried!

Yeah, I mean the mulch was almost too easy and I can't remember ever doing one that was that straightforward with so few rules and so few combos. I remember the mulch, interns (that is the photog/writers one, right?) and the craft ones but can't remember the fourth.

spain, romania, and tuscany?

malfurion

Postby malfurion » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:06 pm

honestabe84 wrote:
malfurion wrote:

Thanks! Do you have any idea how many question were in the entire section?

I'm almost positive that # of questions by section for me was:
LG 23
LR 25
LR 25
RC 27

I know it added up to 100.

itseightfortyfive

Postby itseightfortyfive » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:08 pm

angiej wrote:
itseightfortyfive wrote:
angiej wrote:
pjo wrote:is it just me or do you think that LSAC is attempting to make the LG's less prone to powerscore and other company diagramming? I mean the last game in the experimental I had no idea how to even set up. And although I think I got the mulch game right, I set it up really goofy, unlike any diagram I ever was taught by powerscore.

No kidding - when I was on that section (and doing well I might add) I thought crap, I'm doing well, these are weird (plus its weird I"m doing well) therefore this must be the experimental. I had the RC experimental - thought I did much better on the RC experimental than the RC real - so I'm afraid anything I made up for in LG went down the drain for RC.

Really? I thought the mulch was the easiest out of all the games. There were only like four possible ways that the loads could be correctly carried. But what were the other three?

Mulch
Interns

My brain is SOOO fried!

Yeah, I mean the mulch was almost too easy and I can't remember ever doing one that was that straightforward with so few rules and so few combos. I remember the mulch, interns (that is the photog/writers one, right?) and the craft ones but can't remember the fourth.

Yeah, def an ordering one im pretty sure I aced that one too. i think it was about....cleaning crews efficiency. wow. that came out of nowhere.

Rikkugrrl

Postby Rikkugrrl » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:10 pm

LSAT Blog wrote:
Rikkugrrl wrote:So...there's nothing else we have to do to cancel after signing and filling out the ovals right?

Yep - that's it!

Thanks, I can breathe now. I've been having all these hellish fantasies about not doing something else that I was supposed to do and having my score count (I left after the 4th section so all those blanks would put me at...not a very good spot)

EricBerry

Postby EricBerry » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:11 pm

I thought this LSAT was a hell of a lot easier than the first one I took (the most recent-- January?). On the January LSAT, there were entire games and RCs that I either didn't know how to diagram or couldn't fully understand. This time, I didn't think there were any games or passages that were difficult in general, however once or twice i got really bogged down on single questions that prevented me from getting to a few questions at the end of the section. It's frustrating because I know I could have gotten the score I need if I had just moved on instead of wasting 3 and a half minutes on single questions. That's something I'll have to work on before my third and final LSAT. I did a little best case/worst case analysis based on the curve for previous June LSATs and I would say best case is 164 and the worst case is 159. I want to go to Tennessee and a 161-162 would probably do it. For my other options (Memphis and Ole Miss) it would be a crapshoot with a 159.

PS: Anyone know if the RC with a legal passage about contingency fees was scored?

angiej

Postby angiej » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:12 pm

itseightfortyfive wrote:

Mulch
Interns

My brain is SOOO fried!

Yeah, I mean the mulch was almost too easy and I can't remember ever doing one that was that straightforward with so few rules and so few combos. I remember the mulch, interns (that is the photog/writers one, right?) and the craft ones but can't remember the fourth.[/quote]

Yeah, def an ordering one im pretty sure I aced that one too. i think it was about....cleaning crews efficiency. wow. that came out of nowhere.[/quote]

Hmmm, cleaning crews isn't ringing a bell. Its just so weird that I finished all of them, I never finish all of them. But then again, I usually can't finish LR either and somehow I managed. I just hope I didn't rush through and sacrificed quality.

angiej

Postby angiej » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:13 pm

EricBerry wrote:I thought this LSAT was a hell of a lot easier than the first one I took (the most recent-- January?). On the January LSAT, there were entire games and RCs that I either didn't know how to diagram or couldn't fully understand. This time, I didn't think there were any games or passages that were difficult in general, however once or twice i got really bogged down on single questions that prevented me from getting to a few questions at the end of the section. It's frustrating because I know I could have gotten the score I need if I had just moved on instead of wasting 3 and a half minutes on single questions. That's something I'll have to work on before my third and final LSAT. I did a little best case/worst case analysis based on the curve for previous June LSATs and I would say best case is 164 and the worst case is 159. I want to go to Tennessee and a 161-162 would probably do it. For my other options (Memphis and Ole Miss) it would be a crapshoot with a 159.

PS: Anyone know if the RC with a legal passage about contingency fees was scored?

Yes, unfortunatley, it was. I had two RC, my first one (my section one, which was easier) was experimental.

catgaffney

Postby catgaffney » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:14 pm

EricBerry wrote:I thought this LSAT was a hell of a lot easier than the first one I took (the most recent-- January?). On the January LSAT, there were entire games and RCs that I either didn't know how to diagram or couldn't fully understand. This time, I didn't think there were any games or passages that were difficult in general, however once or twice i got really bogged down on single questions that prevented me from getting to a few questions at the end of the section. It's frustrating because I know I could have gotten the score I need if I had just moved on instead of wasting 3 and a half minutes on single questions. That's something I'll have to work on before my third and final LSAT. I did a little best case/worst case analysis based on the curve for previous June LSATs and I would say best case is 164 and the worst case is 159. I want to go to Tennessee and a 161-162 would probably do it. For my other options (Memphis and Ole Miss) it would be a crapshoot with a 159.

The contingency fees was scored-I had it on my only RC. That one was a little rough, yes?

lindsey3335

Postby lindsey3335 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:16 pm

some of you should check your private messages....

the rest

Mods? Suck it :-)

Emma.

Postby Emma. » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:17 pm

lindsey3335 wrote:some of you should check your private messages....

the rest

IBTB?

edit:
Last edited by Emma. on Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zettsscores40

Postby zettsscores40 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:18 pm

I feel like I choked on a 12 inch dick during RC, usually my best section and I feel like games went okay, my not so great section. LR was about usual.

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:22 pm

emrose wrote:
lindsey3335 wrote:some of you should check your private messages....

the rest

IBTB?

Good bye lindsey. Although we didn't know you for long, the lives you touched are better for you having been here.

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:23 pm

Awwwwww Em...... cute banpuppy!!!

Light

Postby Light » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:24 pm

Saltqjibo wrote:Light. Did you have 2 or 3 LR? Cuz I don't think the bus driver one was in the same as the libel/ rock band one (could be wrong).

I had 2 LR yes.

deezxxx

Postby deezxxx » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:24 pm

My LG (scored - I had 3 LR sections) had definitely 23 questions. Hope this helps.

mpj_3050

Postby mpj_3050 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:28 pm

My first LR was animals/fugus, anyone know if this was real? I know underground rock was real.

lifestooquick

Postby lifestooquick » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:29 pm

OMG, thank goodness it's over!!!

I had LR LG LR RC LR...and I REALLY hope the first LR was the experimental. For two reasons: 1) it was harder and 2) the proctor gave us our 5 minute warning when we actually had 10 minutes left which, despite having me own watch, gave me a slight panic attack.

Stupid mulch game freaked me out so I moved on to the interns game. Completely misread a rule in the interns game but was able to fix it in time. The mulch game was much easier when I went back to it.

The contingency-fees RC was really rough, the rest I thought were pretty easy.

Overall, I feel pretty good about it!

Philipsssssss

Postby Philipsssssss » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:32 pm

:(

LG sucked. My strongest section killed me.

itseightfortyfive

Postby itseightfortyfive » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:34 pm

Philipsssssss wrote::(

LG sucked. My strongest section killed me.

SAME! i did a perfect LG section that morning (pt55) with time to spare and def didnt do well on this one.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”