DONE!!!

PrayingforHYS

Re: DONE!!!

Postby PrayingforHYS » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:20 pm

And now we wait 2 and a half weeks for results that will, idiotically, determine 60+% of our applications...

This should be fun.

UFmark

Postby UFmark » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:21 pm

LuvsTLS wrote:I saw someone on the first page of this thread in like the 3rd or 4th posted his AIM screen name....can we get banned for even that?

Are you that guy?

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:22 pm

LuvsTLS wrote:I saw someone on the first page of this thread in like the 3rd or 4th posted his AIM screen name....can we get banned for even that?

Not sure, but making alts certainly may get one banned...

malfurion

Postby malfurion » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:22 pm

Just got home, gotta go back and read the 5 pages of thread haha. Glad its over, and damn I hope we get a big curve!

whuts4lunch

Postby whuts4lunch » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:23 pm

dbrddr wrote:
bostonld wrote:Misunderstood a rule in the 4th game, realized I messed up, panicked, and selected the rest all in a blur.

The EXACT same thing happened to me.

same here

LuvsTLS

Postby LuvsTLS » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:24 pm

haha it's not an alt I just never post and always lurk...so clarification, AIM screen names ok?

pjo

Postby pjo » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:27 pm

did anyone with two LR sections get 4 C's in a row in the teens in one of the sections?

ames

Postby ames » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:27 pm

pjo wrote:
rklafehn wrote:to pjo: yes.

THANK YOU! I still have a chance then. I blew the other section of LG. It was my first section and I had to guess on 7. (I usually get -0 or -1 wrong).

Was yours LG-LR-LG..etc. Because if so, that first LG section was NOT easy!!

jamlip

Postby jamlip » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:28 pm

whuts4lunch wrote:
dbrddr wrote:
bostonld wrote:Misunderstood a rule in the 4th game, realized I messed up, panicked, and selected the rest all in a blur.

same here

Same with me...by the time I realized it I was fucked.

cyxdev17

Postby cyxdev17 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:29 pm

pjo wrote:did anyone with two LR sections get 4 C's in a row in the teens in one of the sections?

YES!!! I also got a huuuge section with all C's and D's I think, maybe a few E's, but NO A's and B's for a while. So I was freaked out when I looked at my answer sheet.

deezxxx

Postby deezxxx » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:30 pm

pjo wrote:
deezxxx wrote:i had LR LG LR - RC LR ... my LR2 had 26 questions, if that helps. LR1 had 24 or 25 questions and LR3 had 25. I'm hoping that's the experimental.

I only had two LR, both were 25 questions if that helps you out. my sections went LG,LR,LG,LR,RC

Thanks!

So for the test with 3 LR sections - seems as though the middle LR (LR2 - 26 Qs) was the experimental.

lady518

Postby lady518 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:30 pm

jamlip wrote:
whuts4lunch wrote:
dbrddr wrote:

same here

Same with me...by the time I realized it I was fucked.

---Same thing happened to me. Misread a rule in the fourth game. Uggggggghh.

mz253

Postby mz253 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:31 pm

last game in my exam. i was killed there.

dbrddr wrote:for those who had only one logic game, do you remember anything about mulch or reporters/countries?

pjo

Postby pjo » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:31 pm

ames wrote:
pjo wrote:
rklafehn wrote:to pjo: yes.

THANK YOU! I still have a chance then. I blew the other section of LG. It was my first section and I had to guess on 7. (I usually get -0 or -1 wrong).

Was yours LG-LR-LG..etc. Because if so, that first LG section was NOT easy!!

yea mine went LG LR LG LR RC. I was ready to cry after that first LG section. I honestly had no clue how to even set up the last game. I cannot tell you how happy I am that that section was the experimental.

Light

Postby Light » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:32 pm

My set-up was RC, LR, LG, LR, RC

I destroyed that first RC about the photographs and computers as legal persons..then I died inside when I figured out this has to be the experimental. I felt the last RC was tough and I ran out of time. With less than 5 mins remaining I skimmed the last dual-passage about bee communication and rushed half the questions and blind guessed the others.

For people who need help figuring out their experimental:
My LR's included an underground rock band question, laws against libel and good reputations, black holes with 49m radius of stuff, umm that's all I can remember.

My LG included the Spain, Romania, Tuscany, one..mulch/stones, etc. I had only 5 mins left when I started mulch/stones so I had to rush/blind guess that whole section :(

Not sure if I should cancel..was averaging around 165 but I usually do finish at least the RC on time, and mostly the LG. I usually do pretty good on LR :?

pjo

Postby pjo » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:33 pm

cyxdev17 wrote:
pjo wrote:did anyone with two LR sections get 4 C's in a row in the teens in one of the sections?

YES!!! I also got a huuuge section with all C's and D's I think, maybe a few E's, but NO A's and B's for a while. So I was freaked out when I looked at my answer sheet.

Thank goodness. Yea that happened to me to it was like ccccddcdde (generalization i didn't go and memoriae the order or anything lol). I was like theres no way this can be right! I'm glad someone else got that tho

itseightfortyfive

Postby itseightfortyfive » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:35 pm

cyxdev17 wrote:

YESSS YES YES!!! but this was the last LR section of the test.

itseightfortyfive

Postby itseightfortyfive » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:37 pm

Light wrote:My set-up was RC, LR, LG, LR, RC

I destroyed that first RC about the photographs and computers as legal persons..then I died inside when I figured out this has to be the experimental. I felt the last RC was tough and I ran out of time. With less than 5 mins remaining I skimmed the last dual-passage about bee communication and rushed half the questions and blind guessed the others.

For people who need help figuring out their experimental:
My LR's included an underground rock band question, laws against libel and good reputations, black holes with 49m radius of stuff, umm that's all I can remember.

My LG included the Spain, Romania, Tuscany, one..mulch/stones, etc. I had only 5 mins left when I started mulch/stones so I had to rush/blind guess that whole section :(

Not sure if I should cancel..was averaging around 165 but I usually do finish at least the RC on time, and mostly the LG. I usually do pretty good on LR :?

FOR THOSE OF YOU WITH THREE LR: was the libel and rock band questions in the first or third? i'm pretty sure it was the third, but i dont trust my memory right now.

sorry to yell.

juniormint595

Postby juniormint595 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:37 pm

Light - i have a similar situation, i want to know if you end up cancelling

rodewan

Postby rodewan » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:38 pm

yea the barrage of c's and d's on the last lr section was a bit unnerving. last lg game sucked balls, do hope we get a decent curve and not shafted like the previous june ppl.

beidoun

Postby beidoun » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:38 pm

I feel pretty good coming out of the exam.

Mulch and stone was kinda tough initially but when I went back to the game it clicked in my head.

I thought the RC was easy in comparison to the last few exams. The only RC I thought was kind of difficult was the last one of the mexican labor union and I think its because time was ticking on the last couple questions.

I was really hoping the first LG was the experimental, it was very easy.

I thought the 2nd LR was hard. I did not do well on that section.

My order: LG LR LG LR RC

Dinho

Postby Dinho » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:41 pm

UFmark wrote:Canceled my test after being put into the WORST testing conditions possible.

During the course of this description I want you all to realize this is occurring at UMiami in South Florida and its 95 degrees out with no breeze.

So I arrived to the test early to avoid any problems with registration, seating, whatever. Ended up standing OUTSIDE for 30 minutes just to SIGN-IN(why the HELL is the sign-in area outside when its almost 100 degrees out). I'm looking around while standing in my designated last name line and literally every single person is sweating BULLETS. I'm talking there was some guys that their entire shirts were absolutely drenched with pure sweat. I notice that the heat really seems to be getting to some of the other test takers but I brush it off and try not to think about it, telling myself that once I get inside the testing center it will be much better and I will be able to cool off. However, I would be sadly mistaken.

After finally getting checked in, I am sent up to a classroom to where I will be taking the test. I am soooo happy, I'm like "OMG yes a classroom, BIG desks, not a lot of people in the room, wooooo!!!" This happiness would not last for long, as after I take my seat I realize I am still sweating my ass off. What do you FUCKIN know, the room has absolutely NO AC. The second I realize this I make a comment to the proctor(who is now doing a secondary ID check for all test takers entering the classroom) about the temperature and question the lack of AC. She responds and tells me that the test managers or whatever informed her that the AC should be on and should be cooling down blah blah. 25 minutes later, everyone is finally checked into the classroom and has an assigned seat. By this time, it had to be over 100 degrees in a room with 25 people in it. The two proctors are sweating BALLS along with the rest of us. Everyone in the classroom is complaining about the heat, some jokingly and some with anger. At this point the proctor starts whispering to the other proctor and after a quick conversation the one proctor leaves the room(in search of a new classroom). The head proctor of our classroom states to the class, "In my over 20 years of proctoring this exam, never have I been in a room that has been this inadequate for holding an exam." So finally, after sitting in the sauna(classroom) for 30 minutes and sweating my ass off we are moved to another classroom with AC.

Needless to say, the circumstances leading up to the start of the test severely hindered my ability to perform on the LSAT. I have full intentions of writing a letter of complaint to LSAC in order to receive a full refund and make sure that no test taker will ever have to experience what I did today. I was ready to crush that exam and I had to put up with this bullshit! I must say the overall experience was extremely disheartening.

/rant

edit: Note, two people walked out of the classroom and handed in their tests before we even left the sauna.

I'm really sorry to hear that man. As someone who does not do well in extreme heat I totally get your frustration (and anger, really). I got very lucky (weather-wise, we'll see about the actual test...) today: it was a glorious day (76 I believe), no humidity, and a seemingly functional AC unit at my site.
Last edited by Dinho on Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pjo

Postby pjo » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:41 pm

is it just me or do you think that LSAC is attempting to make the LG's less prone to powerscore and other company diagramming? I mean the last game in the experimental I had no idea how to even set up. And although I think I got the mulch game right, I set it up really goofy, unlike any diagram I ever was taught by powerscore.

malfurion

Postby malfurion » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:41 pm

YES all 4 on the same page

Saltqjibo

Postby Saltqjibo » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:43 pm

was libel in the same section as rock band? I thought it was earlier

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”