DONE!!! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
kkklick

Silver

Re: DONE!!!

Post by kkklick » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:13 pm

Ship87 wrote:I agree Bond. Ugghhh I'm debating if I should cancel. This was my best section, the section I was supposed to build my score on. Lets hope for a -14 curve
Doubt the curve, june is notoriously the harshest curve. I'm confused as well because I remember realizing half way through the last game that FK meant that they cant write the same type instead of they cant be together and Im not sure if I went back and fixed it :? Either way I wont cancel, if I do bad I'll just write it again in October

James Bond

Gold

Post by James Bond » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:14 pm

jmc8y wrote:how much worse does a bad score look on your record, as compared to a cancel?
Cancel's often better...but I can't not know I don't think.

LSAT Blog

Silver

Post by LSAT Blog » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:16 pm

kkklick wrote:
Ship87 wrote:I agree Bond. Ugghhh I'm debating if I should cancel. This was my best section, the section I was supposed to build my score on. Lets hope for a -14 curve
Doubt the curve, june is notoriously the harshest curve.
Yep - there's some discussion about that over here: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=119711

LSATNightmares

Silver

Post by LSATNightmares » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:16 pm

I had three LR's. Does anyone whose test only had 2 LR's remember anything with the seals and the rehabilitation after an oil spill? It was on the first section of the LR's. I remember that one because of the Gulf spill. If everyone had the seals, then that was real and not experimental. It was the easiest of all the LR's.

malfurion

Bronze

Post by malfurion » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:17 pm

amprvz wrote:Does anyone who had only two LR sections remember a question about a garden with stone and plants? It talked about how it would be hard to maintain such a garden, and then asked what the conclusion was? I just want to know if the question was on the experimental section. Thanks.
2 LR's here, and i'm pretty sure that I did not have that question.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

malfurion

Bronze

Post by malfurion » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:18 pm

LSATNightmares wrote:I had three LR's. Does anyone whose test only had 2 LR's remember anything with the seals and the rehabilitation after an oil spill? It was on the first section of the LR's. I remember that one because of the Gulf spill. If everyone had the seals, then that was real and not experimental. It was the easiest of all the LR's.
2 LR's here, and I *did* have the seal rehabilitation question.

felicity

New

Post by felicity » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:30 pm

Ugh.

Mine was RC LR LG LR RC

The first RC was medium to difficult. Looking back, I agree that the LG was not so hard but dang I got killed there. I was panicking like crazy and getting hungry. Plus the guy beside me was the stinkiest man to ever walk on earth. I mean, dude, how hard is it to take a shower before an exam?

This is my second shot at the LSAT. I am guessing I'll get -7 to -5 of my PTs. I don't know if I'll cancel considering that even if I do, this will count against the limit of LSATs I can take in 2 years. I have 3 job interviews tomorrow and I can't decide on what to do!

Sucks to be me. :(

jeremydc

Bronze

Post by jeremydc » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:34 pm

Hope you all did better then you guys expected. Btw when will you guys be able to see your results?

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:34 pm

Im confused now about the last game, I remember misinterpreting a rule but I don't know if I went back and fixed the questions I already did, wow it is going to be a long 3 weeks.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jeremydc

Bronze

Post by jeremydc » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:35 pm

NVM got my answer above

jdstl

Bronze

Post by jdstl » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:36 pm

I had the LR LG LR (break) RC LR

And I had seals/iron w./ the magnet.The consensus seems to be that the middle LR section was the experimental.

And yes the inferences on the Photography/Writers internship game was really easily to screw up writing down the not blocks the wrong way. I had to go through and completely redo the game but luckily had time (barely).

I think we need score predictions. Whoever correctly guesses their score gets a lollipop.

GotYourselfAStewGoin

New

Post by GotYourselfAStewGoin » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:37 pm

LSATNightmares wrote:Does anyone whose test only had 2 LR's remember anything with the seals and the rehabilitation after an oil spill?
Unless there was a different question, it was about Otters, not seals, and yes, that was a real section.

wjun15

Bronze

Post by wjun15 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:43 pm

Anyone with 2LR sections REMEMBER the Shrimp Farmers Question in LR section? It was like towards the end i think and it was the 3rd section for me. I think there was a question after that about some parallel reasoning question that involved Wages and something...

I had LR-LG-LR-RC-LR

oh yeah, i bombed the first LR, and I had the LG second which lowered my confidence even more...I was thinking about leaving during the 3rd section cuz I was so crushed.

FML

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

hobbsey

New

Post by hobbsey » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:57 pm

This might be kind of long... the short version is I think I did okay, LG LR LG LR RC. Ever since I first cracked a LSAT book LG has been my weakness, RC my strength, and LR my "most improved." So basically the test order was about the worst it could have been.

So I open my test and the first section is LG... damn, I would have prefered one of my stronger sections to warm up, but I actually made it through with no guessing. Next section LR I work through it with almost 5 minutes to spare to check my answers. At this point I'm feeling like the most awesome LSAT taker of all time. I open to the third section... another LG NOOOOOO!!! I kind of struggled with the first game, moved on to the second game, went to the mulch game and WTFed but made it through, started on the fourth game and after I realized I had messed up my diagram went back and finished the first game. I ended up guessing randomly without reading the last 3 questions. Feels bad.

During the break I drank a sugary drink and got myself re-motivated, would have prefered RC but got another LR. This one also went pretty good until I got to the very end, good thing I was ahead of pace because the last 2 pages took a close reading. I thought RC went pretty good, although it was 27 questions which is a lot. I had to keep reminding myself to move along. I don't really want to try to guess my score :|

honestabe84

Bronze

Post by honestabe84 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:00 pm

hobbsey wrote:This might be kind of long... the short version is I think I did okay, LG LR LG LR RC. Ever since I first cracked a LSAT book LG has been my weakness, RC my strength, and LR my "most improved." So basically the test order was about the worst it could have been.

So I open my test and the first section is LG... damn, I would have prefered one of my stronger sections to warm up, but I actually made it through with no guessing. Next section LR I work through it with almost 5 minutes to spare to check my answers. At this point I'm feeling like the most awesome LSAT taker of all time. I open to the third section... another LG NOOOOOO!!! I kind of struggled with the first game, moved on to the second game, went to the mulch game and WTFed but made it through, started on the fourth game and after I realized I had messed up my diagram went back and finished the first game. I ended up guessing randomly without reading the last 3 questions. Feels bad.

During the break I drank a sugary drink and got myself re-motivated, would have prefered RC but got another LR. This one also went pretty good until I got to the very end, good thing I was ahead of pace because the last 2 pages took a close reading. I thought RC went pretty good, although it was 27 questions which is a lot. I had to keep reminding myself to move along. I don't really want to try to guess my score :|
I'm right with you on LG. I was so excited after the first LG - I absolutely man handled it. Then came the second LG, and I couldn't believe it. The difference between the two was night and day.

Lurker1234

New

Post by Lurker1234 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:01 pm

n n

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:05 pm

Hey yall,
This is my second time taking it and I thought it was really difficult. Thought the LR's were not so bad, finished with tons of time for review (similarly had a streak of C's and D's, with an E or two in there). Had experimental RC first, thought it was a BREEZE, then completely bombed the real RC because I didn't manage my time and had to guess on a lot of the last section. Thought LG was easy up until the intern question. Bombed that part even with ample time! Would have gotten -0 probably, -1 most without it.

Really upset and kind of considering cancelling, but I got a 154 cold the first time and don't know if I really could have done much worse. Any advice? The schools I plan to apply take your highest LSAT score, so will it hurt me if I do actually do worse? I plan on taking again in October.

Hope everyone does well!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

MarkRenton

Bronze

Post by MarkRenton » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:08 pm

We're all sitting there like normal about to start the test and the girl next to me yells out to the proctor "Do we really have to do these with all that construction going on outside and all the men hollering about"? I didn't notice any of that noise. The second she mentions it, I hear every beeping, piece of machinery, and laborer screaming. The proctor said that there's another room but it's probably not AC'ed, so the decision was heat or noise. People voted they'd rather have AC + noise. As she passed out the rest of the tests, I raelize how fucking distracting this was going to be and asked if I could be in another room. She goes an examines the situation and realizes that we've been seated in the wrong room anyways. At last moment, she finds the proper AC'ed and quiet room. I felt like I got a stay of execution. whoooo

bostonlawchick

Bronze

Post by bostonlawchick » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:09 pm

I keep feeling like I remember looking at my test and having 24 LG questions bubbled in... I hope I'm wrong and that I didn't double bubble an answer and have the rest of the section be off... now I'm going to have nightmares for the next three weeks. :shock:

MarkRenton

Bronze

Post by MarkRenton » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:10 pm

bostonlawchick wrote:I keep feeling like I remember looking at my test and having 24 LG questions bubbled in... I hope I'm wrong and that I didn't double bubble an answer and have the rest of the section be off... now I'm going to have nightmares for the next three weeks. :shock:
I bet you did it correctly; but this is the type of shit that you don't want to stress about for a couple weeks. I wonder what LSAC"s policy on misbubbling would be on a situation like this?

honestabe84

Bronze

Post by honestabe84 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:12 pm

darby girl wrote:Hey yall,
This is my second time taking it and I thought it was really difficult. Thought the LR's were not so bad, finished with tons of time for review (similarly had a streak of C's and D's, with an E or two in there). Had experimental RC first, thought it was a BREEZE, then completely bombed the real RC because I didn't manage my time and had to guess on a lot of the last section. Thought LG was easy up until the intern question. Bombed that part even with ample time! Would have gotten -0 probably, -1 most without it.

Really upset and kind of considering cancelling, but I got a 154 cold the first time and don't know if I really could have done much worse. Any advice? The schools I plan to apply take your highest LSAT score, so will it hurt me if I do actually do worse? I plan on taking again in October.

Hope everyone does well!
Was that streak of Ds on LR 2.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

wjun15

Bronze

Post by wjun15 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:15 pm

wow, u know you bombed it when it doesn't even matter what section was experimental...why am I even on here when i should be mailing a cancel to LSAC :|

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:17 pm

honestabe- yes it was. I thought I did really well on the LR sections, also. Too bad I bombed the RC/LG. Any advice on cancellation for schools that accept highest score anyway?

PlugInBaby

Bronze

Post by PlugInBaby » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:19 pm

I took three logical reasoning sections. I really seemed keyed on and sharp in those sections. I cannot remember even one question that really vexed me in any of them. Now I am freaking out because I am thinking I made some simple errors due to overconfidence.

The real RC had suburban sprawl, chicano theatre, bee dancing, and Aussie law. The last one I found the most difficult but I think I handled the other three fine. Still nervous about making one off mistakes though.

I depended on the LG to be my rock to allow myself discretion to make mistakes in the other sections. First two (crafts and credits) were cake. Took me a while and a lot of plug and chug...but I think I may have all the mulch ones right (perhaps one wrong.) The last one stung as I ran out of time. I got at least three of those right though. Nonetheless I feel uneasy.

The bitter pessimist is telling me I did worse than what I did last time (161). My eternal optimist is telling me that I broke 170. I just don't know what to make of this one.

I also had a long streak of Cs in one of the LRs. I did have five in a row...but I changed one of the answer to A upon review.

Sentry

Silver

Post by Sentry » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:22 pm

Last edited by Sentry on Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”