FML

Confused&Pissed

FML

Postby Confused&Pissed » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:58 am

I have been studying for 6 months and I'm not gonna get to take the test today. Yesterday a circuit blew in my house and it took several hours, an electrician and $$$ to get the electricity on the left side of my house to work. Two hours after my electrician left, my son started wailing and had a fever of 101. He has an ear infection, is teething, and won't stop screaming. It's 2am, he has finally passed out, and I am exhausted. October LSAT here I come... :(

Squiddy

Re: FML

Postby Squiddy » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:24 am

Aww I'm sorry... that really blows. :/ Is there no way you can get a baby sitter?

I'm taking an absent for the June test as well... it's just not worth it to take it when I know I can get a higher score if I study more.

Confused&Pissed

Postby Confused&Pissed » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:26 pm

Ty for your sympathy. I'm so glad I didn't take the test today, my son's face swelled like a balloon and we ended up in urgent care. I guess everything happens for a reason :D At least I have a couple more months to prep, see you in October.

joeshmo39

Postby joeshmo39 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:27 pm

ITT: planning ahead of time for potential calamities pays off. If this had happened in October you wouldn't be able to have apps out until the new year, which is late.

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:33 pm

Confused&Pissed wrote:Ty for your sympathy. I'm so glad I didn't take the test today, my son's face swelled like a balloon and we ended up in urgent care. I guess everything happens for a reason :D At least I have a couple more months to prep, see you in October.

You have your priorities in the right order my friend!! With the October test you can still ED at the school of your choice... apply "early" to all. I'd even write this up as a short addendum explaining the absence and am 99.9999% sure it will have NO bearing on your cycle.

Take care of your son and knock it out of the fucking park in November!!

Confused&Pissed

Postby Confused&Pissed » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:37 pm

Thank you soo much for all of the warm words. It's funny how things happen. My testing site is about an hour and a half away so I originally booked a hotel room close to my center. They lost my reservation Friday night and the rate ballooned to almost twice the amount. If they hadn't lost my reservation, I would have been in LA oblivious to what was going on. I should be disappointed, but I'm not. This has really put the LSAT in perspective :D

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”