Name not exactly the same on ticket

themom
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:45 pm

Name not exactly the same on ticket

Postby themom » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:49 pm

Really, does the name on the ticket have to be EXACTLY the same as ID. Registered as (first name) Chris, ID says Christopher. Just realized when I went to print my ticket for test tomorrow. Any chance they'll let me in?

Saltqjibo
Posts: 271
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:47 pm

Re: Name not exactly the same on ticket

Postby Saltqjibo » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:59 pm

Apparently you might be able to change this on the lsac website. I'd look into it

User avatar
zworykin
Posts: 449
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 4:18 am

Re: Name not exactly the same on ticket

Postby zworykin » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:59 pm

I would be calling LSAC first thing in the morning. On the phone. No email.

From their website:
IMPORTANT: Any changes to name, date of birth and/or Social Security/Social Insurance number must be submitted to LSAC in writing and require a signature. Fax your correction(s) to 215.968.1119 or mail to LSAC, 662 Penn Street, Box 2000-C, Newtown, PA 18940. All other biographical information can be changed online. If you have registered for an LSAT, check your file status and print another admission ticket once the corrections have been made.


So, hope you have access to a fax machine. And they can process the change quickly. Unless they have some other solution for you, anyway...

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Name not exactly the same on ticket

Postby Bildungsroman » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:01 pm

Saltqjibo wrote:Apparently you might be able to change this on the lsac website. I'd look into it


LSAC wrote:IMPORTANT: Any changes to name, date of birth and/or Social Security/Social Insurance number must be submitted to LSAC in writing and require a signature. Fax your correction(s) to 215.968.1119 or mail to LSAC, 662 Penn Street, Box 2000-C, Newtown, PA 18940. All other biographical information can be changed online. If you have registered for an LSAT, check your file status and print another admission ticket once the corrections have been made.

User avatar
dominkay
Posts: 355
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: Name not exactly the same on ticket

Postby dominkay » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:03 pm

I don't know whether they'd let you in, but I would guess not. I mean, they fingerprint people.

On the name change form, they say it takes 3-5 days. Mine took 3. You're probably out of luck.

themom
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:45 pm

Re: Name not exactly the same on ticket

Postby themom » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:04 pm

Thanks everyone. I did see on the ticket that it says change requests must be made by the Friday before the test. Guess I didn't print it (or check it) early enough. I may still give them a call in the a.m. and maybe I'll get some kind soul to help me out!

phx
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:59 pm

Re: Name not exactly the same on ticket

Postby phx » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:06 pm

themom wrote:Thanks everyone. I did see on the ticket that it says change requests must be made by the Friday before the test. Guess I didn't print it (or check it) early enough. I may still give them a call in the a.m. and maybe I'll get some kind soul to help me out!


If they can't help you out I would still show up at the test site to give it a try (unless that requires driving for hours). You might have a lenient proctor, you never know. Or you might be able to get someone to give you a break.

User avatar
AVBucks4239
Posts: 870
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:37 pm

Re: Name not exactly the same on ticket

Postby AVBucks4239 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:59 pm

You absolutely need to get this changed.

I took the LSAT in February at Ohio State. The person in front of me in line had "Alex" on his ticket, while his ID said "Alexander." They did not let him take the test, and he stormed out of the room like a bat out of hell. I don't blame him, but rules are rules.

You really need to call somebody to get this fixed.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests