Identification...2 forms???? Advice please...

Philipsssssss

Identification...2 forms???? Advice please...

Postby Philipsssssss » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:57 pm

Identification. You are required to provide two types of acceptable identification in order to be admitted into the test room on the day of the exam.

FIRST: All candidates must have one current, valid (not expired) government-issued ID containing a recent and recognizable photo and your signature. Your first and last name on your ID must match exactly the name on your LSAT Admission Ticket or you will be denied admission.

Acceptable forms of ID include passport book and government issued driver’s license. US military personnel may present their US military ID card with name, photo, and signature.

The following items are not considered acceptable forms of ID for access to the test center: Social Security card, Social Insurance card, birth certificate, credit card (including those with photo), cards used in Canada for health care benefits, expired ID, photocopied ID, employee ID, or student ID.

IMPORTANT: The ID must sufficiently authenticate your identification to the test center supervisor and must be kept with you throughout the testing process, as it may be checked at any time. Under no circumstances is access permitted to the test center without proper identification. If you have questions about whether your ID is acceptable, you must contact LSAC well in advance of the test day.

SECOND: The second type of identification is determined by the location at which you will be testing.

http://lsac.org/LSAT/day-of-test.asp

So ... what on earth besides a driver's license do i need to bring ???

afa_brandon

Re: Identification...2 forms???? Advice please...

Postby afa_brandon » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:06 pm

err... i'm looking at my admissions ticket and i only see a requirement for one id. "gov't issued ID containing a recent and recognizable photo and your signature."

robotdreams

Postby robotdreams » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:06 pm

you can bring your passport, if you have one

Remnantofisrael

Postby Remnantofisrael » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:07 pm

I'm pretty sure that second "identification" is your thumbprint. Unless you are in canada, then they use something else. But call LSAC in the morning if you aren't sure.

Bert

Postby Bert » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:09 pm

Check your admissions ticket to determine what a second acceptable form of ID is. I think I brought both my passport and driver's license to the test.

Kohinoor

Postby Kohinoor » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:14 pm

Driver's License/Green Card ftw.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:21 pm

My ticket says I only need 1 form of ID. Am I missing something here?

alphagamma

Postby alphagamma » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:34 pm

My ticket also says nothing about a second form of ID. Should I bring my passport just in case?

jdstl

Postby jdstl » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:39 pm

Philipsssssss wrote:Identification. You are required to provide two types of acceptable identification in order to be admitted into the test room on the day of the exam.

FIRST: All candidates must have one current, valid (not expired) government-issued ID containing a recent and recognizable photo and your signature. Your first and last name on your ID must match exactly the name on your LSAT Admission Ticket or you will be denied admission.

Acceptable forms of ID include passport book and government issued driver’s license. US military personnel may present their US military ID card with name, photo, and signature.

The following items are not considered acceptable forms of ID for access to the test center: Social Security card, Social Insurance card, birth certificate, credit card (including those with photo), cards used in Canada for health care benefits, expired ID, photocopied ID, employee ID, or student ID.

IMPORTANT: The ID must sufficiently authenticate your identification to the test center supervisor and must be kept with you throughout the testing process, as it may be checked at any time. Under no circumstances is access permitted to the test center without proper identification. If you have questions about whether your ID is acceptable, you must contact LSAC well in advance of the test day.

SECOND: The second type of identification is determined by the location at which you will be testing.

http://lsac.org/LSAT/day-of-test.asp

So ... what on earth besides a driver's license do i need to bring ???

Later on in the link they say at test centers in the US/Canada your thumbprint counts as your second ID. No worries.

wjun15

Postby wjun15 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:42 pm

another question: do they fingerprint you before you go in? what the hell is this box with fingerprints. Aren't your fingers dirty after? lol

zworykin

Postby zworykin » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:49 pm

wjun15 wrote:another question: do they fingerprint you before you go in? what the hell is this box with fingerprints. Aren't your fingers dirty after? lol

Yes. It's a box for thumbprints. And yes, your thumb will be dirty.

They fingerprint you on the way out, too, to make sure the same person came back in after the break to finish the test. They can also use the thumbprints to determine that, say, a person who jumped from a 141 on their first test to a 175 a few months later was in fact still the same person.

Philipsssssss

Postby Philipsssssss » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:51 pm

alphagamma wrote:My ticket also says nothing about a second form of ID. Should I bring my passport just in case?

I am going to bring my DL, State ID, and maybe Passport.

I mean, no harm in that ... last thing you want is to sit out due to this, no matter how far fetched this might sound.

zworykin

Postby zworykin » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:52 pm

Philipsssssss wrote:
alphagamma wrote:My ticket also says nothing about a second form of ID. Should I bring my passport just in case?

I mean, no harm in that ... last thing you want is to sit out due to this, no matter how far fetched this might sound.

Yes, there's no harm in it... no, it's certainly not necessary.

LSAC wrote:Candidates testing within the United States and the Caribbean will continue to provide a thumbprint on the admission ticket at the testing center, as the second type of identification.

Bert

Postby Bert » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:53 pm

zworykin wrote:Yes. It's a box for thumbprints. And yes, your thumb will be dirty.

They fingerprint you on the way out, too, to make sure the same person came back in after the break to finish the test. They can also use the thumbprints to determine that, say, a person who jumped from a 141 on their first test to a 175 a few months later was in fact still the same person.

When I took the test, they thumb printed us once at the beginning of the day, but I don't recall my finger being dirty afterwards. I did not get thumbprinted on the way out after the test.

Philipsssssss

Postby Philipsssssss » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:54 pm

zworykin wrote:
Philipsssssss wrote:

Yes, there's no harm in it... no, it's certainly not necessary.

LSAC wrote:Candidates testing within the United States and the Caribbean will continue to provide a thumbprint on the admission ticket at the testing center, as the second type of identification.

Sounds good. Thanks for the input people.

Good Luck on Monday.

Meanwhile, i will do LG's from PT 55 -57 :mrgreen:

Kohinoor

Postby Kohinoor » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:33 pm

zworykin wrote:
wjun15 wrote:another question: do they fingerprint you before you go in? what the hell is this box with fingerprints. Aren't your fingers dirty after? lol

Erm... they didn't fingerprint on the way out when I tested. Sounds made up.

zworykin

Postby zworykin » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:16 pm

Kohinoor wrote:
zworykin wrote:

Erm... they didn't fingerprint on the way out when I tested. Sounds made up.

No, it's highly likely that I'm just remembering wrong. It's been 5 years since I took it. I thought that was how they did it, but it's certainly possible that it wasn't.

Wonder why they take two fingerprints then...

TheBigMediocre

Postby TheBigMediocre » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:22 pm

I'm already over and done with the LSAT, but really how hard would it be for someone to provide a fake ID to someone else to take the test in their place for a first go-around, so that there isn't a set of finger prints on file to begin with?

zworykin

Postby zworykin » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:26 pm

TheBigMediocre wrote:I'm already over and done with the LSAT, but really how hard would it be for someone to provide a fake ID to someone else to take the test in their place for a first go-around, so that there isn't a set of finger prints on file to begin with?

True--but they'd probably be smart enough to choose someone who would do well enough that they wouldn't have to end up "taking" it a second time...

TheBigMediocre

Postby TheBigMediocre » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:58 pm

zworykin wrote:
TheBigMediocre wrote:I'm already over and done with the LSAT, but really how hard would it be for someone to provide a fake ID to someone else to take the test in their place for a first go-around, so that there isn't a set of finger prints on file to begin with?

True--but they'd probably be smart enough to choose someone who would do well enough that they wouldn't have to end up "taking" it a second time...

That's what I'm saying. If you had a genius friend who never had an interest in law school, you paid him $1500 to study for the LSAT and take it using a fake with your name on it, then you've got a shiny LSAT score added to your file.

I'm just wondering how often this happens.

zworykin

Postby zworykin » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:03 pm

TheBigMediocre wrote:
zworykin wrote:

That's what I'm saying. If you had a genius friend who never had an interest in law school, you paid him $1500 to study for the LSAT and take it using a fake with your name on it, then you've got a shiny LSAT score added to your file.

Yeah. I've got to figure it's pretty damn rare. I mean, getting into a T6, or even a T14, with an LSAT score you can't achieve yourself would be pretty pointless; you'd struggle mightily just to survive the classes. Then you'd still have to face the bar exam...

Philipsssssss

Postby Philipsssssss » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:19 pm

zworykin wrote:
TheBigMediocre wrote:
zworykin wrote:

Yeah. I've got to figure it's pretty damn rare. I mean, getting into a T6, or even a T14, with an LSAT score you can't achieve yourself would be pretty pointless; you'd struggle mightily just to survive the classes. Then you'd still have to face the bar exam...

When you are admitted to the BAR, and they do on you an extensive background check chances are, this will surface.

YCrevolution

Postby YCrevolution » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:37 am

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”