Anyone taking at Uconn read! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Remnantofisrael

Bronze

Anyone taking at Uconn read!

Post by Remnantofisrael » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:36 pm

Ok- I'm sure everyone will think I'm a whiner but-

I went to campus today, to the building where the test will be tomorrow. Its basically the oldest building on campus, and is a dilapidated crap-hole. There are 10 nice brick buildings, but we get this one. I figure, so what.

After noticing the CONSTRUCTION going on outside, just a block away, I figure, ok, no biggie, a little background noise, I can deal. Then I go inside. I notice its hot as hell, but figure they just turn off the AC on the weekend. NOPE. According to a prof/janitor (could have been either) there is no AC, they just leave windows open, and teachers have window units. Ok. hot june day, either windows open to loud street below, or hotbox, but I can deal. Then I see a list on a door for a test proctoring from Saturday, I don't know what test. So I went to every classroom on that list, just assuming (questionably) that we would use the same rooms.

One was a lecture hall. The desks weren't really desks, just slabs that were less than half the size of a notebook.

Every classroom was worse than the last. One out of five had desks that would be serviceable form my 260lb build, and I'm not going to blame anyone else for my being fat, but I doubt I'll be the only one, nor the biggest one.

So now I get to imagine 80 degree sunny day outside, loud breezy OR hot inside, with a desktop digging into me and myself not being able to look at what I'm doing, all for about 5 hours. Hopefully I wont end up in the lecture room, otherwise I also won't have room for anything (pencil, watch, etc.)

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up and find out if there is anything we can do about it (although I doubt it).

mz253

Bronze

Re: Anyone taking at Uconn read!

Post by mz253 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:19 pm

if you want, you can try stand-by at yale. i took it here last time. the table was small. but it's super quiet and the proctor is not strict at all (two old ladies who didn't know how to do it).

Remnantofisrael

Bronze

Re: Anyone taking at Uconn read!

Post by Remnantofisrael » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:16 pm

I wish I could. I just don't know if its worth the risk of not getting in and missing this test. I've taken tests at Yale and it was great. Low light, accept overhead (so really easy to focus), quiet, comfortable. Parking is a bitch, but other than that its amazing.

think it would be worth calling LSAC in the morning and seeing if they can squeeze me in? Problem is I'm obviously not the only person testing at UConn. Or maybe I am, and the proctor will be super chill and just let me sit wherever I want and time myself ;)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”