Are earplugs allowed in LSAT?

LSATNightmares
Posts: 535
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 10:29 pm

Are earplugs allowed in LSAT?

Postby LSATNightmares » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:30 pm

When I was looking at my LSAT info booklet, there's no mention of earplugs being allowed in the test center. However, I have read in informal settings that earplugs are allowed. Do earplugs count as medical/hygiene products? Thanks!

Cambridge LSAT
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:26 pm

Re: Are earplugs allowed in LSAT?

Postby Cambridge LSAT » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:38 pm

They're not allowed. The text below is from the following page:
Day of the Test

Items Prohibited at the Test Center

You may not bring into the testing room any of the following: electronic timers of any kind, beeping watches, alarm watches, calculator watches, cellular phones, beepers, pagers, personal digital assistants (PDAs), hats/hoods (except items of religious apparel), books, dictionaries, papers of any kind, calculators, rulers, slide rules, compasses, mechanical pencils, briefcases, handbags, backpacks, earplugs, headsets, photographic or recording devices, listening devices, electronic devices of any kind, weapons or firearms.

Veidt
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:05 am

Re: Are earplugs allowed in LSAT?

Postby Veidt » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:04 pm

you can bring tissue though, which can work as earplugs. Being able to focus > looking goofy.
Last edited by Veidt on Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
dutchstriker
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:15 pm

Re: Are earplugs allowed in LSAT?

Postby dutchstriker » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:05 pm


itseightfortyfive
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 1:20 am

Re: Are earplugs allowed in LSAT?

Postby itseightfortyfive » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:11 pm

Veidt wrote:you can bring tissue though, which can work as earplugs. Being able to focus > looking goofy.



WAIT, can you really?

LSATNightmares
Posts: 535
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 10:29 pm

Re: Are earplugs allowed in LSAT?

Postby LSATNightmares » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:12 pm

Thanks so much. How did I miss that? That does not bode well for reading in detail on the LSAT tomorrow! :-)

User avatar
jpSartre
Posts: 326
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:05 am

Re: Are earplugs allowed in LSAT?

Postby jpSartre » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:16 pm

itseightfortyfive wrote:
Veidt wrote:you can bring tissue though, which can work as earplugs. Being able to focus > looking goofy.



WAIT, can you really?


I asked LSAC a while back and they said you CANNOT use the tissues as earplugs... not surprising considering once you use something to plug your ears they become earplugs

itseightfortyfive
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 1:20 am

Re: Are earplugs allowed in LSAT?

Postby itseightfortyfive » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:19 pm

jpSartre wrote:
itseightfortyfive wrote:
Veidt wrote:you can bring tissue though, which can work as earplugs. Being able to focus > looking goofy.



WAIT, can you really?


I asked LSAC a while back and they said you CANNOT use the tissues as earplugs... not surprising considering once you use something to plug your ears they become earplugs



Damn you LSAC.

Saltqjibo
Posts: 271
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:47 pm

Re: Are earplugs allowed in LSAT?

Postby Saltqjibo » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:56 pm

What about covering your ears with your hands? you think that's legit?... Serious question

User avatar
Bert
Posts: 458
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:37 pm

Re: Are earplugs allowed in LSAT?

Postby Bert » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:01 pm

Saltqjibo wrote:What about covering your ears with your hands? you think that's legit?... Serious question


Probably legit, but I think that it would slow you down in other areas. I honestly never thought that the testing sites were so noisy that I needed to do anything like this.

itseightfortyfive
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 1:20 am

Re: Are earplugs allowed in LSAT?

Postby itseightfortyfive » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:02 pm

Saltqjibo wrote:What about covering your ears with your hands? you think that's legit?... Serious question



I could see that being a problem bc the proctors might think your hiding illegal earplugs in your ear and then covering them...

Also, does your finger become an ear plug if you put it in your ear?

User avatar
Philipsssssss
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:57 pm

Re: Are earplugs allowed in LSAT?

Postby Philipsssssss » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:21 pm

Cambridge LSAT wrote:They're not allowed. The text below is from the following page:
Day of the Test

Items Prohibited at the Test Center

You may not bring into the testing room any of the following:.............................., weapons or firearms.


heh ... :twisted:




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 34iplaw, batlaw, bcapace, BobBoblaw, chichi1992, dontsaywhatyoumean, LobLaw_LawFirm, mrgstephe, pvnyc and 9 guests