Writing on your hands?

User avatar
nonamebreakdown
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:34 am

Writing on your hands?

Postby nonamebreakdown » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:14 am

Anyone know if there are any regulations against, e.g., writing myself a reminder on the back of my hand to reset my watch after each section? I can't seem to find anything prohibiting this.

Shrimps
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:04 pm

Re: Writing on your hands?

Postby Shrimps » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:33 am

nonamebreakdown wrote:Anyone know if there are any regulations against, e.g., writing myself a reminder on the back of my hand to reset my watch after each section? I can't seem to find anything prohibiting this.



1. Where are you going to write a reminder to check the back of your hand, and a reminder to check wherever you wrote down the reminder to check the back of your hand?
2. Is the reminder in the form of "ACDBCCDAE..."?

JOThompson
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:16 am

Re: Writing on your hands?

Postby JOThompson » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:37 am

Don't do it. The initial appearance of impropriety is enough to attract the attention of grumpy proctors.

itseightfortyfive
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 1:20 am

Re: Writing on your hands?

Postby itseightfortyfive » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:38 am

If I forget to reset my watch I might just kill myself on the spot. So hopefully that will be reminder enough.

User avatar
StrictlyLiable
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:34 pm

Re: Writing on your hands?

Postby StrictlyLiable » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:56 am

Yeah, what kind of reminder? Nec. Assumption Negate the Answer? lol

JOThompson
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:16 am

Re: Writing on your hands?

Postby JOThompson » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:59 am

IMO, the content of the reminder is irrelevant. Proctors may consider any writing to be a form of cheating, regardless of how well intentioned or honest the writing is. Why take a risk? Having to contest/appeal a red flag is not a great way to start off your application process.

User avatar
nonamebreakdown
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:34 am

Re: Writing on your hands?

Postby nonamebreakdown » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:06 pm

I'm not going to write. If anything I'll just wear something stupid that I don't usually wear, like a bracelet or something, so that whenever I look down at my wrist and wonder why the heck I'm wearing a bracelet I'll remember that means to reset my watch.

JOThompson
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:16 am

Re: Writing on your hands?

Postby JOThompson » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:07 pm

nonamebreakdown wrote:I'm not going to write. If anything I'll just wear something stupid that I don't usually wear, like a bracelet or something, so that whenever I look down at my wrist and wonder why the heck I'm wearing a bracelet I'll remember that means to reset my watch.

I think that's the wise. The risk of writing on your hand during a proctored test simply isn't worth the reward, especially since it seems you have a perfectly fine alternative. Good luck!

User avatar
BigA
Posts: 448
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:22 am

Re: Writing on your hands?

Postby BigA » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:03 pm

itseightfortyfive wrote:If I forget to reset my watch I might just kill myself on the spot. So hopefully that will be reminder enough.


Well, read your ticket. Firearms are specifically prohibited in the testing room, so I hope you have another way. It is really ridiculous how strict these test centers are getting :roll:

Shrimps
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:04 pm

Re: Writing on your hands?

Postby Shrimps » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:10 pm

BigA wrote:
itseightfortyfive wrote:If I forget to reset my watch I might just kill myself on the spot. So hopefully that will be reminder enough.


Well, read your ticket. Firearms are specifically prohibited in the testing room, so I hope you have another way. It is really ridiculous how strict these test centers are getting :roll:


Scorpion venom spitting darts are perfectly legit still. Why do you people need a watch, anyway? I hate looking at it. A watch can make me panic for no good reason. Just work at your natural, brisk pace. Haven't you practiced specifically for that for the last few months? Time management skills, among other things?




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BobBoblaw, theboringest and 9 guests