perhaps I'm getting overwhelmed Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
glucose101

Bronze

perhaps I'm getting overwhelmed

Post by glucose101 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:42 pm

I need to score really high. 170s high. I've been looking at Pithypike's guide, which's excellent, but I have the following problems. I don't have room for error.

I'm planning on intensely studying this summer. (I'm a rising senior.) I plan on studying during the school year if need because I'm taking a gap year. Does this change Pithypike's study plan?

I don't have all the materials Pithypike requires. I don't have the Official LSAT SuperPrep or Mastery Practice book. I have everything else.

Perhaps I'm overwhelmed at how well I need to do, and some of the resources I don't have, but can someone help me tweak Pithypike's guide to fit my criteria please? Your help would be greatly appreciated!
Last edited by glucose101 on Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vespertiliovir

Bronze

Re: perhaps I'm getting overwhelmed

Post by vespertiliovir » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:50 pm

you are definitely getting overwhelmed.

have you taken a diagnostic? there's no point in freaking out before you do, you have no idea how much you need to do, or what areas you need to focus on. breathe.

D-ROCCA

Bronze

Post by D-ROCCA » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:14 pm

You can certainly survive without the Kaplan Mastery book-the only real use for it is to be break down LR and LG into identifiable subgroups, which the bibles also do (better, IMO). As to the LSAC's SuperPrep packet, it's a pretty valuable tool in that it allows you to get a glimpse into the minds of the test-makers, and to see how they approach the questions. If I were you, I'd buy the SuperPrep materials but not Kaplan's book.

Best of luck.

cubswin

Silver

Post by cubswin » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:16 pm

glucose101 wrote: (I'm a rising senior.)
I've never seen that phrase employed to describe an undergraduate.

Azmatt

Bronze

Post by Azmatt » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:28 pm

ahh well I'm in your same boat if you want to go over it, let me know. I'm kind of looking for someone to "battle" lsat tests with. I like competition so...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”