Trying to boost my RC score for the October LSAT

jdhopeful11

Trying to boost my RC score for the October LSAT

Postby jdhopeful11 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:07 pm

I'm canceling my June score because RC is killing me. I'm consistently scoring no worse than -5 in LR/LG sections, but the new and improved RC section is just raping me. I have never needed to do heavy reading in college to do well, and I think its beginning to bite me in the butt. What can I do from now till October besides taking PTs to get better at the RC section? I'm open to the idea of reading non-LSAT books that would enhance my RC ability.

Re: Trying to boost my RC score for the October LSAT

Postby 09042014 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:10 pm

andyman wrote:I'm canceling my June score because RC is killing me. I'm consistently scoring no worse than -5 in LR/LG sections, but the new and improved RC section is just raping me. I have never needed to do heavy reading in college to do well, and I think its beginning to bite me in the butt. What can I do from now till October besides taking PTs to get better at the RC section? I'm open to the idea of reading non-LSAT books that would enhance my RC ability.

What about RC is killing you? Timing? Remember what you read? Getting the questions right?

jdhopeful11

Postby jdhopeful11 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:26 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
andyman wrote:I'm canceling my June score because RC is killing me. I'm consistently scoring no worse than -5 in LR/LG sections, but the new and improved RC section is just raping me. I have never needed to do heavy reading in college to do well, and I think its beginning to bite me in the butt. What can I do from now till October besides taking PTs to get better at the RC section? I'm open to the idea of reading non-LSAT books that would enhance my RC ability.

What about RC is killing you? Timing? Remember what you read? Getting the questions right?

A little bit of everything. Getting the questions right is my biggest concern. My timing is ok and will be up to par in time with straight practice. I can't retain everything I read, and its translating into wrong answers.

jdhopeful11

Postby jdhopeful11 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:50 am

bump

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”