PT 57 Sec 3 Q 23 (LR)

bk1

PT 57 Sec 3 Q 23 (LR)

Postby bk1 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:22 pm

Can anybody explain to me why this is not a shitty question without an appropriate answer? (Apologies. Maybe it's the nerves, but when I find questions that I feel should be thrown out I get a bit mad.)

None of the answers seem legitimate and all require some sort of logical leap that is not present in the stimulus.

The answer is C. The stimulus says that mitters, which brushless car washes use, are easier on most cars' finishes than brushes are. This does not support the statement that it usually does not produce scratches on older cars (which are more scratch resistant than newer cars). If brushes scratched 95% of old cars and mitters scratched 90% of old cars, mitters are still easier on a car's finish, but still usually produce scratches. i.e. A machete is "easier" on a car's finish than a 50 caliber machine gun, but a machete is still gonna scratch a car the majority of the time.

lsatextreme

Re: PT 57 Sec 3 Q 23 (LR)

Postby lsatextreme » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:31 pm

I wasn't comfortable with the wording of C neither, "usually do not produce." I think this was definitely a POE type of question, because the other choices you can actually confidently say that they are not supported by the stimulus period. Honestly, I chose C because it was the best answer of the 5, not because it stood out or anything.

zworykin

Re: PT 57 Sec 3 Q 23 (LR)

Postby zworykin » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:57 pm

lsatextreme wrote:I wasn't comfortable with the wording of C neither, "usually do not produce." I think this was definitely a POE type of question, because the other choices you can actually confidently say that they are not supported by the stimulus period. Honestly, I chose C because it was the best answer of the 5, not because it stood out or anything.

TITCR as far as I'm concerned. I couldn't see any reason to choose the other four answers, and this one was "the least wrong."

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”