old powerscore bibles

Jerkovsky

old powerscore bibles

Postby Jerkovsky » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:37 pm

I just got the old Powerscore bibles from 2004 or 2005 passed down by some family friends who heard I was interested in law school, and was just wondering, would it be a worthwhile investment to get the new versions? Have LGs and LRs changed enough to make these obsolete?

Shrimps

Re: old powerscore bibles

Postby Shrimps » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:20 pm

Jerkovsky wrote:I just got the old Powerscore bibles from 2004 or 2005 passed down by some family friends who heard I was interested in law school, and was just wondering, would it be a worthwhile investment to get the new versions? Have LGs and LRs changed enough to make these obsolete?

The old ones are actually better since they do not use real Q's from the more recent tests. You'll have more untouched PT's if you stick to the old bibles. The games used to be harder, but are otherwise the same, except for a few game types now considered obsolete (though no one guarantees that they won't make a comeback). The logic needed to solve and understand LR questions is still the same, though the questions in the 50's are a bit more abstract and wordy than older LR questions, in my opinion.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”