How/When to use the LGB Workbook?

JDSprintz

How/When to use the LGB Workbook?

Postby JDSprintz » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:43 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm taking the October test. I'd like to practice as many logic games sections as possible. However, I've heard that the LGB workbook uses games from recent LSATs, which I'm planning on taking as full PTs in the weeks leading up to Oct 7th. Does anyone have any advice on how and when I should use the LGB Workbook to get extra practice?

Kobe_Teeth

Re: How/When to use the LGB Workbook?

Postby Kobe_Teeth » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:49 pm

Read it now. Do the games now. You won't remember most of the specifics of the games.

Also, if you're doing the PT's in sequential order and you're on, let's say, PT 28, and the LGB uses games in the 40's and 50's....that's 20-some tests you're going to see between now and then. You'll be fine.

JDSprintz

Postby JDSprintz » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:03 pm

Great, thanks for the response!

jjlaw

Postby jjlaw » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:22 pm

Doing as many games as possible, as many times as possible will never hurt you. It will only make you stronger. LG is all about repetition and being comfortable.

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:11 pm

I beg to differ with the previous responses.

The PS LGB Workbook uses several Logic Games from recent PrepTests (39-51 = Dec 02-Dec 06).

You'll likely want to save most (or all) of those PrepTests to complete as full-length timed practice exams close to test day. If you plan to use that workbook, you may not want to look at many of those games until after you've taken them as part of your timed practice work. You don't want to taint your results.

Some will remember the games when taking them later, others won't. The point is that even if you remember only one inference in a game, that can potentially result in at least at least a few more correct answers.

It's important that your full-length timed practice tests accurately reflect your true potential (meaning that you're not influenced at all by previous exposure to material from those tests). Your scores on these exams can help you determine whether you're ready to take the test for real.

The safest route, in my opinion, is to avoid completing Logic Games from any exam that you plan to take as a full-length timed exam close to test day.

I'm not saying to avoid this book altogether. It's fine to use the material relevant to each game after completing the relevant exam.

-Steve

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”