prep classes worthwhile or not? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
tapout

New

prep classes worthwhile or not?

Post by tapout » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:02 pm

I am wondering if these prep classes are worthwhile or not.

I used a private tutor last year, scored a 147 on my last test. This person oddly enough is a journalist who took the lsats about 5 times, scoring mid 170s each time, and offers tutoring.

I have a bunch of the books, and what I noticed was that given enough time, I can get almost every question correct. My issue was timing it. Also, my tutor had thought I was choking, on just doing sections, I did very well, enough that I should be scoring in the 160 range.

So my question is, is just using the materials i have from last year good, or should I be taking a class, and then of course, the big question, is which one.

WWAD

Bronze

Re: prep classes worthwhile or not?

Post by WWAD » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:07 pm

You can do it on your own, but you have to find one of the posts about getting a 180 or the LSAT blog and follow there advice. You have to become obsessed almost and you have to take as many tests, full and timed, as possible. Once you get how to do the questions you should NEVER do anything untimed again. Go over every question you get wrong (some say even the ones you get right), and look for the trends. You can do it on your own. Don't forget to go back and study to make sure you are doing it all correctly.

StrictlyLiable

Bronze

Re: prep classes worthwhile or not?

Post by StrictlyLiable » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:28 pm

I would think that an actual prep course offered by a company would be more beneficial than a tutor because it offers a curriculum and forces you to take timed tests.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”