joonhp

Re: The 'Famous' Dino Game Set-Up

Postby joonhp » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:29 pm

Fark-o-vision

Postby Fark-o-vision » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:30 pm

zworykin wrote:
Fark-o-vision wrote:
Was OP just looking for props? Maybe. Even so, I thought he deserved them.

I think OP was just looking to provide some help for people who may have had trouble with the question, so they might be able to be better prepared for Monday's test. :wink:

I'd like to think so. That's the way I'm going to look at it.

thriller219

Postby thriller219 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:46 pm

See I had this for my real test and somehow got all of them right. Have done it several times since, and got them all right. Did it tonight again, and got them all right. Yet tonight was the first time I even somewhat understood the game. And I tend to get -1 or 2 at worst on LG. Just happened to bomb RC on June 09, something I hope some intensive studying and adderall can fix monday.

Shrimps

Postby Shrimps » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:14 am

thriller219 wrote:See I had this for my real test and somehow got all of them right. Have done it several times since, and got them all right. Did it tonight again, and got them all right. Yet tonight was the first time I even somewhat understood the game. And I tend to get -1 or 2 at worst on LG. Just happened to bomb RC on June 09, something I hope some intensive studying and adderall can fix monday.

Adderall, adderall, adderall.. Damn it. I'm definitely getting diagnosed with ADHD-I and getting on it in law school. I have a horrible GPA because I couldn't concentrate for a period of any reasonable length in college. If amphetamines can turn me into a textbook-reading, lecture-listening, paper-writing machine, I'm all for it. Chemical-enhanced future, here I come.

d34d9823

Postby d34d9823 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:17 am

Shrimps wrote:
thriller219 wrote:See I had this for my real test and somehow got all of them right. Have done it several times since, and got them all right. Did it tonight again, and got them all right. Yet tonight was the first time I even somewhat understood the game. And I tend to get -1 or 2 at worst on LG. Just happened to bomb RC on June 09, something I hope some intensive studying and adderall can fix monday.

Adderall, adderall, adderall.. Damn it. I'm definitely getting diagnosed with ADHD-I and getting on it in law school. I have a horrible GPA because I couldn't concentrate for a period of any reasonable length in college. If amphetamines can turn me into a textbook-reading, lecture-listening, paper-writing machine, I'm all for it. Chemical-enhanced future, here I come.

Consensus on here is that adderall inhibits creativity and will hurt more than help on the LSAT. Doing reading in law school, on the other hand...

rv11

Postby rv11 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:42 am

Philipsssssss wrote:Anyways, but i guess the point being is that when i came across this game, i remembered right away reading about the problem it gave people, but i was surprised to find out it was pretty straightforward.

--ImageRemoved--

Philipsssssss

Postby Philipsssssss » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:57 pm

zworykin wrote:
Fark-o-vision wrote:
Was OP just looking for props? Maybe. Even so, I thought he deserved them.

I think OP was just looking to provide some help for people who may have had trouble with the question, so they might be able to be better prepared for Monday's test. :wink:

Personally, without getting into the arguments about test day pressure (i agree this game may have been super tough on test day), but if some of you are familiar with other games, if you recall the Lizards game, or the Manikin game, of even PT 55 LG # 4, those games, in my opinion, are truly tough.

The Dino game, although it has a curve ball feel to it, is somewhat more manageable then the one's i just mentioned.

Again, perhaps i would shit my pants on test day with this game, i don't know, all i know is that i took a PT timed, in a classroom, and did the game with an ok attitude.

Tried to provide some helpful insight, especially, if you guys do LG's, my personal advice would be, once you place a variable which is always in the same place (like S in the dino game), scratch it off completely from the list of variables which are left. This goes for any game type. T Y U I O P R D F, if you already placed T Y U, scratch them off the paper, black them out, because they are already fixed, and your eyes should concentrate only on the free variables.

Good Luck to all on Monday.

Philipsssssss

Postby Philipsssssss » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:59 pm

rv11 wrote:
Philipsssssss wrote:Anyways, but i guess the point being is that when i came across this game, i remembered right away reading about the problem it gave people, but i was surprised to find out it was pretty straightforward.

--ImageRemoved--

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”