The 'Famous' Dino Game Set-Up

Philipsssssss

The 'Famous' Dino Game Set-Up

Postby Philipsssssss » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:10 pm

I personally score in the mid 160's...unfortunately... however, LG is usually my strongest section.

Dino game is pretty easy.

Dinos' left to distribute: I L P T U V

DINOS': S _ _ _ _
COLOR: R M M _ _

I --> I
____G

P--> P
____Y

v--> ~U

L and U --> ~ (L or U)
_______________M

The above is the Master set-up. This game can be attacked pretty fast. Also, when you write down the dino's, I L P S T U V, after the above setup, take out the S from the list, so it won’t confuse you.

This game is piece of cake compared to the damn lizards or the manikin with its damn clothes distribution.
Last edited by Philipsssssss on Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

d34d9823

Re: The 'Famous' Dino Game Set-Up

Postby d34d9823 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:28 am

Philipsssssss wrote:This game is peace of cake

Would that be defined as cake with some Mary Jane added?

JordynAsh

Postby JordynAsh » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:54 am

Disclaimer: I missed 2/6 on this game on my actual LSAT.

Apparently this game is easier than proper spelling and use of apostrophes.

yinz

Postby yinz » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:57 am

JordynAsh wrote:Disclaimer: I missed 2/6 on this game on my actual LSAT.

Apparently this game is easier than proper spelling and use of apostrophes.

Also, you forgot to mention, it is easier than having an actual reason (other than the obvious rhetorical one) for posting on a community message board.

Philipsssssss

Postby Philipsssssss » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:40 pm

You are right, i need to watch my spellings...

Anyways, but i guess the point being is that when i came across this game, i remembered right away reading about the problem it gave people, but i was surprised to find out it was pretty straightforward.
Last edited by Philipsssssss on Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kobe_Teeth

Postby Kobe_Teeth » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:46 pm

Soooo much easier to attack a curveball Logic Game when you know its a curveball.

Doubly easier when you're sitting at your kitchen table or wherever it is that you study.

Is it a pat on the back you're looking for?

Good luck on the real thing.

btw...Dino's was not on my real LSAT and sitting at my table I didn't find it that tough either. However, I also knew to watch out for it because it was different...on test day had i encountered that thing it probably would have pwned me. My point is just that you shouldn't get too cocky.

JordynAsh

Postby JordynAsh » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:01 pm

I just remember thinking over and over in my panic: "WTF is an ultrasaur?!" Google search says it's this: Image

UFmark

Postby UFmark » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:13 pm

thats pretty much exactly how I set it up and I missed none in dinos and finished in 5-6 minutes...I don't know what everyone was complaining about, focus on the MUAVE colored dinos, that's the key.

Philipsssssss

Postby Philipsssssss » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:16 pm

Kobe_Teeth wrote:Soooo much easier to attack a curveball Logic Game when you know its a curveball.

Doubly easier when you're sitting at your kitchen table or wherever it is that you study.

btw...Dino's was not on my real LSAT and sitting at my table I didn't find it that tough either. However, I also knew to watch out for it because it was different...on test day had i encountered that thing it probably would have pwned me. My point is just that you shouldn't get too cocky.

Not my intention, however, i see how it comes across.

Perhaps on the real deal it is a killer. For example, i find PT # 55 LG # 4 to be much more challenging, a true curveball.

Atlas LSAT Teacher

Postby Atlas LSAT Teacher » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:30 pm

I think there's a big inference to glean from this game about which pairs could be mauve. If you're interested, take a look at my diagram: http://www.atlaslsat.com/forums/preptes ... g-f18.html

forty-two

Postby forty-two » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:48 pm

Philipsssssss wrote:
Kobe_Teeth wrote:Soooo much easier to attack a curveball Logic Game when you know its a curveball.

Not my intention, however, i see how it comes across.

Perhaps on the real deal it is a killer. For example, i find PT # 55 LG # 4 to be much more challenging, a true curveball.

It is VERY different when it's the real test and you haven't been warned about a game's difficulty. I didn't have a problem with that PT 55 game when I took that test at the library, but last June I freaked out over the dinos just like everyone else.

Charles Barkley

Postby Charles Barkley » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:53 pm

It's easy to dissect a game and do it perfectly a year after the test was originally administered under stress free conditions. :roll:

Rikkugrrl

Postby Rikkugrrl » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:58 pm

JordynAsh wrote:I just remember thinking over and over in my panic: "WTF is an ultrasaur?!" Google search says it's this: Image

Littlefoot?

Postby 09042014 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:05 pm

It's a hard problem if you follow a pattern by gametype like powerscore has you do. I did it as a PT as well, but I didn't even think it was the hardest LG game on that test.

I think LSAT is combating over studiers by putting shit like this on the LSAT.

Philipsssssss

Postby Philipsssssss » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:27 pm

Desert Fox wrote:It's a hard problem if you follow a pattern by gametype like powerscore has you do. I did it as a PT as well, but I didn't even think it was the hardest LG game on that test.

I went over Powerscore LG Bible long ago, was very useful, but i agree that if people concentrate only on the types of games and techniques in the book are going to be lost in an unfamiliar setting.

I guess i can only hope not to get a type of a game like 55 LG #4 or 39 LG with m,s,t distribution.

In any case good luck everyone on Monday.

badwithpseudonyms

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:32 pm

Desert Fox wrote:It's a hard problem if you follow a pattern by gametype like powerscore has you do. I did it as a PT as well, but I didn't even think it was the hardest LG game on that test.

I think LSAT is combating [strike]over studiers[/strike] test prep company formulas by putting shit like this on the LSAT.

+1

I haven't looked at that god forsaken test since June, but IIRC, wasn't dinos the first game in what was the first section for most people? Or was it second game? I know for sure LG was my first section though. That can really shake your confidence early. Fuckin' LSAC sadists.

Postby 09042014 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:35 pm

badwithpseudonyms wrote:

I think LSAT is combating [strike]over studiers[/strike] test prep company formulas by putting shit like this on the LSAT.

+1

I haven't looked at that god forsaken test since June, but IIRC, wasn't dinos the first game in what was the first section for most people? Or was it second game? I know for sure LG was my first section though. That can really shake your confidence early. Fuckin' LSAC sadists.

I agree with your edit of my post.

Philo38

Postby Philo38 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:44 pm

Correction: "The Infamous Dino Game Set-Up"

Darn Dinos!

Kobe_Teeth

Postby Kobe_Teeth » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:01 pm

It pains me to do this but...... +1.

Philo38

Postby Philo38 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:04 pm

Kobe_Teeth wrote:

It pains me to do this but...... +1.

Yeah, exactly. The thing that made this game hard is not that it is hard in itself, its that you waste 2 minutes trying to figure out which game "type" it is and than start to panic because its the fricken LSAT test day. Any other day, it would be fine, but curveballs tend to be extra tough to hit when everything is on the line.

Shrimps

Postby Shrimps » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:32 pm

I have not the faintest idea what "gametype" any of the games I've done are. But then, I see no point in grouping LR questions by type either. Everyone's brain works in subtly different ways, I suppose.

zworykin

Postby zworykin » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:41 pm

Shrimps wrote:I have not the faintest idea what "gametype" any of the games I've done are. But then, I see no point in grouping LR questions by type either. Everyone's brain works in subtly different ways, I suppose.

Agreed, there. I didn't bother with the bibles, but I'm lucky in that I seem to have a fairly intuitive grasp of most of this stuff. I can't even imagine the mental process of identifying question types to know how to attack them--I just sort of do it automatically, I guess.

d34d9823

Postby d34d9823 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:58 pm

zworykin wrote:
Shrimps wrote:I have not the faintest idea what "gametype" any of the games I've done are. But then, I see no point in grouping LR questions by type either. Everyone's brain works in subtly different ways, I suppose.

Agreed, there. I didn't bother with the bibles, but I'm lucky in that I seem to have a fairly intuitive grasp of most of this stuff. I can't even imagine the mental process of identifying question types to know how to attack them--I just sort of do it automatically, I guess.

Yeah, I don't even have any clue what the game types are; I just reason through them logically.

Fark-o-vision

Postby Fark-o-vision » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:17 pm

I think it's somewhat useful to see a diagram on this website. This was my worst PT because I saw this game and my brain absolutely deflated. I'm not familiar with the game types, and have studied mostly by becoming more familiar with the games and then applying pattern recognition to them, but this one still threw me. Tot he point that I didn't even want to go back and look over it. Realizing that it really is a simple twist on games I should recognize makes me feel better about running into something similar.

Was OP just looking for props? Maybe. Even so, I thought he deserved them.

zworykin

Postby zworykin » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:29 pm

Fark-o-vision wrote:
Was OP just looking for props? Maybe. Even so, I thought he deserved them.

I think OP was just looking to provide some help for people who may have had trouble with the question, so they might be able to be better prepared for Monday's test. :wink:

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”