LSAT and admissions

Re: LSAT and admissions

Postby balzern » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:09 pm

That's true I guess it depends a lot on the specific school and the specific application.

Postby forty-two » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:31 pm

mallard wrote:
balzern wrote:Numbers meaning GPA AND LSAT bellow medians, correct?

Sure. Well, actually, I think usually if one number is below a median but above the 25th, you need the other one to be above the 75th to have a good shot.

I don't think anybody here has suggested that there isn't a rare bird non-URM getting in with below-median numbers. That can happy even without something special - maybe just a great essay or a great interview or something. However, odds are you're not special (by definition). So you shouldn't be thinking too hard about that when you apply. You should determine which schools are reaches, matches, safeties by the numbers (and LSN is a better guide for this than medians, for all the reasons stated in this thread).

+1 Don't assume you're special, but don't not apply because you think you think you have no shot. I got into one school where I was below both medians and I have some other non-URM friends who did too. You just have to treat those schools as reaches and realize that the odds are against you. Good luck!

Postby mz253 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:49 pm

thank you! forty-two. That's my plan.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”